First Timers

Emily Gilmore

Earning My Ears
We are WDW vets who are visiting Disneyland for the first time at the end of September and so excited. I've been reading through all of the threads with tips for first-timers, and I feel prepared (if one can ever feel prepared) but we are only spending two days in Anaheim. I was initially planning on just doing one day in each park, but I'm curious if it might be better to do park hoppers. I'd like to see/do as much as possible. There is a Halloween party on the Friday we are there, so not sure if that should play a role in our decision. We are also staying within walking distance at the Sheraton. I never visit WDW without a park hopper, but I'm at a loss for how it would benefit us at DLR. Any insight?

Also, if you have tips of things to do that are maybe out of the ordinary, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

Most people feel exactly the reverse of your opinion - never both with hoppers at WDW but always get them at DL. Hopping is so easy at DL! The parks are only about 100 yards apart. No need to get on a bus and spend an hour getting from park to park. Especially if there's a Halloween Party night - you'd definitely want to be at DCA for that day, but you'd be at a bit of a disadvantage starting there on a Friday because hotel guests get in for an early hour.

Judicious use of FPs and rope drop will get you onto most of the rides you'd want to go on, but you might have to sacrifice some of the shows if you're only doing two days.

If you're coming during MHP, be advised you're gonna need an additional ticket if you want to stay past 6pm in DL (not sure if you can stay in DCA after 6pm since the party is in DL). Maybe you can do DL during the day and then go to DCA that evening and then return to DL the following day?

DCA can be accomplish within a few hours really, but others might have better insight.

We'll be there on a Thursday/Friday, so I was thinking so DL Thursday and DCA Friday when the party is going on at DL. Will the extra hour for resort guests at DCA Friday make a huge difference? We're planning on utilizing FP as much as possible.

We'll be there on a Thursday/Friday, so I was thinking so DL Thursday and DCA Friday when the party is going on at DL. Will the extra hour for resort guests at DCA Friday make a huge difference? We're planning on utilizing FP as much as possible.
It won't make a HUGE difference - it'll change what you'll want to do at rope drop, probably, since lines at the headliners will have already formed before you get there. Are you planning on getting MaxPass? If so, that will help level the playing field, because you'll be able to access it as soon as you're scanned into the parks, even if you're still being held at the ropes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter