First timer questions

asumom

Mouseketeer
We will be staying with our son and his family at the Riviera. They are members. It's everyone's first time at a DVC resort. I understand the 4 day towel/trash and 8 day cleaning, but what about daily trash? I am on dialysis and have a box of trash (no medical or hazardous waste) daily. Is there a dumpster I can bring it to or do I have to let it pile up until day 4? Also, should we bring extra coffee and filters or is what is provided sufficient for a pot a day? Any other tips for first timers? Thanks in advance.

Yes. You can take out the trash. But they will come daily to get it. Not sure exact procedure with all the new safety.

Not sure about coffee as I bring my own or do the refillable mug.

You can now request towels more often if you need them and there is no charge. I don’t believe they take the old away.

Also, should we bring extra coffee and filters or is what is provided sufficient for a pot a day?
There will be one (maybe two) packages coffee in filter packs in the room. Housekeeping will replenish upon request at no additional charge.

If you bring your own coffee and filters, the brewers are a 10-12 cup brewer that takes the basket (flat bottom) type of filter.

They do pickup the trash from the room daily. When I was there I walked the floor and never did find a trash room.
Are they still putting coffee makers in the rooms? I know at one time they were going to be removed do to COVID.

There will be one (maybe two) packages coffee in filter packs in the room. Housekeeping will replenish upon request at no additional charge.

If you bring your own coffee and filters, the brewers are a 10-12 cup brewer that takes the basket (flat bottom) type of filter.
Thank you.

They do pickup the trash from the room daily. When I was there I walked the floor and never did find a trash room.
Are they still putting coffee makers in the rooms? I know at one time they were going to be removed do to COVID.
Thanks! Good to know about the trash. We aren't going until 9/21 so, hopefully, there will be coffee in the room....or at least the coffee maker.

Thanks! Good to know about the trash. We aren't going until 9/21 so, hopefully, there will be coffee in the room....or at least the coffee maker.

Coffee makers are in the rooms. Before reopening, there was speculation that Disney might remove them, but they did not do so.

Steve

We will be staying with our son and his family at the Riviera. They are members. It's everyone's first time at a DVC resort. I understand the 4 day towel/trash and 8 day cleaning, but what about daily trash? I am on dialysis and have a box of trash (no medical or hazardous waste) daily. Is there a dumpster I can bring it to or do I have to let it pile up until day 4? Also, should we bring extra coffee and filters or is what is provided sufficient for a pot a day? Any other tips for first timers? Thanks in advance.
Housekeeping with be the opposite of what you say if you are staying eight nights or more. On day four (day one is check in day), you get a full cleaning. On day eight, you get your supplies and towels replaced. If you stay seven nights or less, you just get the partial cleaning (towels and supplies). There usually is a trash room on each floor where you can take your trash if it gets to be too much. You should have extra trash bags in the bottom of each trash can.

If you like the Joffrey's coffee, you can request more packs (either decaf or regular) or wait until day four. If you like other coffee, you'll need the flat bottom coffee filters (Mr Coffee style) for 8-10 cups or smaller units might have the 4-6 cup coffee maker. You'll probably need extra sweetener or creamer. We were in a one bedroom at BCV and we probably had enough creamer and sweetener for four days. I don't drink coffee and my husband does.

Enjoy your trip.

Housekeeping with be the opposite of what you say if you are staying eight nights or more. On day four (day one is check in day), you get a full cleaning. On day eight, you get your supplies and towels replaced. If you stay seven nights or less, you just get the partial cleaning (towels and supplies). There usually is a trash room on each floor where you can take your trash if it gets to be too much. You should have extra trash bags in the bottom of each trash can.

If you like the Joffrey's coffee, you can request more packs (either decaf or regular) or wait until day four. If you like other coffee, you'll need the flat bottom coffee filters (Mr Coffee style) for 8-10 cups or smaller units might have the 4-6 cup coffee maker. You'll probably need extra sweetener or creamer. We were in a one bedroom at BCV and we probably had enough creamer and sweetener for four days. I don't drink coffee and my husband does.

Enjoy your trip.
Thanks! Great info.

Yes. You can take out the trash. But they will come daily to get it. Not sure exact procedure with all the new safety.

Not sure about coffee as I bring my own or do the refillable mug.

You can now request towels more often if you need them and there is no charge. I don’t believe they take the old away.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Is it weird to just bring my own Keurig? I'm local, so pretty sure I can put it in my luggage and just bring it to the room. I can't be the only one to want to do this, I hope. Ha!

Is it weird to just bring my own Keurig? I'm local, so pretty sure I can put it in my luggage and just bring it to the room. I can't be the only one to want to do this, I hope. Ha!
I don't think that would be weird and I don't even drink coffee.

We brought one when we had family with us because they have to have their coffee in the morning and I didn't want to be waiting in stupid lines for coffee at rope drop lol. The supplied coffee is so bad and I knew it wouldn't cut it.

I bring my travel Keurig EVERY trip! Hubby got me a Keurig that includes a wheeled travel case, which holds a mug, box of pods (I bring extra), etc. Good in room coffee is an absolute must for me, and I've been packing my own coffee pot and/or coffee for a long time. I even bring my own travel packs for hotels on the way. I love Community Coffee and Gevalia. and I love (and NEED) a good cup of coffee daily. We're often hurrying in the AM, and I might only have time for 1 cup, no need for a big pot. Do it!!!

OP, my brother is on dialysis and brings his supplies to WDW also. He has A LOT of boxes for his 5-7 night trips. He takes the 2 boxes/bags he uses to the trash in the AM or in the evening before he starts his cycle again.

Coffee, we bring our own (Community coffee drinkers) but we have purchased a smaller Keurig that we may start bringing. Housekeeping will give you more coffee and towels. We called one day and they sent up so many towels! We were in a studio a couple of weeks ago, so no washer and dryer. If we have a washer and dryer then I will start a load when we wake up-switch them over and fold them up when we get back from the park.

My brother has been on dialysis for many years and goes to WDW at least twice a year. They drive from Gulfport but I know the company he uses for supplies will ship them to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter