First Time Staying July 3 & 4- Suggestions?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW July 2-7 for our 35th anniversary and are excited to experience the 4th of July festivities for our first time. Our current plan is to spend July 3rd at the MK and 4th at Epcot. We are staying at an Epcot area resort on property. Are there special things taking place aside from the fireworks? Shows, food, characters, costumes? Would it be wise to make dining reservations for better views? If so, what time? I’ve read that views outside the park are best to watch the MK fireworks, and Epcot fireworks are best viewed inside the park.

We would be so grateful if you could share any tips, suggestions, observations to help us make the best of our anniversary trip. We had our honeymoon there so long ago!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Great plan for 3rd in MK and 4th at Epcot. When we did the same thing during our first trip to WDW in 2022. We got a bit burnt out with the madness of the crowds at EPCOT and got lucky with a walk up at Topolino's Terrace at Riviera and did that for dinner and the fireworks. We had a great time there and with the view of the Epcot fireworks and all the other fireworks going off all over Orlando. It was a good show. We currently have a reservation for there for the 4th but we may cancel. Still keeping that option open....

We will be at WDW July 2-7 for our 35th anniversary and are excited to experience the 4th of July festivities for our first time. Our current plan is to spend July 3rd at the MK and 4th at Epcot. We are staying at an Epcot area resort on property. Are there special things taking place aside from the fireworks? Shows, food, characters, costumes? Would it be wise to make dining reservations for better views? If so, what time? I’ve read that views outside the park are best to watch the MK fireworks, and Epcot fireworks are best viewed inside the park.

We would be so grateful if you could share any tips, suggestions, observations to help us make the best of our anniversary trip. We had our honeymoon there so long ago!

Thanks for any suggestions.
I thought I was reading my own post for a minute.
My husband and I will be at WDW the same dates. Also celebrating our 35th anniversary!
We have done July 4th at Epcot a few years ago. We enjoyed the Voices of Liberty concert, got our picture with patriotic Mickey, and the fireworks are absolutely amazing.
We plan on going to MK on the 3rd as well.
Enjoy your trip and happy anniversary.

Here’s an article of events on the 4th with more to be revealed on the 25th:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/4th_July.htm

My original plan was to have a relatively peaceful and nostalgic day at Ft. Wilderness viewing HDDR but couldn’t get a reservation for 6:30 so went in a totally different and new to me direction: Sip, Savor and Sparkle event at CG.
Nice nibbles and a bird’s eye view of the fireworks seems like it will be a fun experience.

Congratulations to all you long lifers and may you have many more years together in and out of the bubble!

We will be at WDW July 2-7 for our 35th anniversary and are excited to experience the 4th of July festivities for our first time. Our current plan is to spend July 3rd at the MK and 4th at Epcot.
I'll be there as well! I'm visiting my son who is a cast member. I was down there around the same time last year and did the MK fireworks on the 3rd from Main Street. If you want to see the whole "surround" of the fireworks you'd need to be ...outside the park I think. I was wondering if they are visible from inside but didn't get anyone responding yes. I wonder if watching them from the TTC would work and if the music is piped in from there. Many go to the CR. I think the Poly closes its beach to only resort guests. I did fine being in the park but just plan on it taking awhile to get back to your hotel that evening!

Last year there were excessive heat warnings and it was just melting hot (and I go often in the summer and don't mind the heat). It was so hot for me I didn't go out in the parks until later. If that happens - it's fun to wake up late and go to breakfast (love Wilderness Lodge but many good choices in the Epcot resorts). We hung out and relaxed more than usual. Happy Anniversary!

I thought I was reading my own post for a minute.
My husband and I will be at WDW the same dates. Also celebrating our 35th anniversary!
We have done July 4th at Epcot a few years ago. We enjoyed the Voices of Liberty concert, got our picture with patriotic Mickey, and the fireworks are absolutely amazing.
We plan on going to MK on the 3rd as well.
Enjoy your trip and happy anniversary.
Thanks so much! Happy anniversary to you!

Great plan for 3rd in MK and 4th at Epcot. When we did the same thing during our first trip to WDW in 2022. We got a bit burnt out with the madness of the crowds at EPCOT and got lucky with a walk up at Topolino's Terrace at Riviera and did that for dinner and the fireworks. We had a great time there and with the view of the Epcot fireworks and all the other fireworks going off all over Orlando. It was a good show. We currently have a reservation for there for the 4th but we may cancel. Still keeping that option open....
Thank you for the insight. We'll have to check out Topolino's.

My original plan was to have a relatively peaceful and nostalgic day at Ft. Wilderness viewing HDDR but couldn’t get a reservation for 6:30 so went in a totally different and new to me direction: Sip, Savor and Sparkle event at CG.
Nice nibbles and a bird’s eye view of the fireworks seems like it will be a fun experience.

Congratulations to all you long lifers and may you have many more years together in and out of the bubble!
Thanks for the information. What is CG? We'll have to check out the event.

We’ll be there 7/3 to 7/8 celebrating our 36th Anniversary. My only game plan is to see the fireworks. We’re staying at the Contemporary so that makes it easier to see some. 😜

We’ll be there 7/3 to 7/8 celebrating our 36th Anniversary. My only game plan is to see the fireworks. We’re staying at the Contemporary so that makes it easier to see some. 😜
Happy anniversary!
Walt Disney World has so many acronyms, LOL.
CG= California Grill 🙂
Thank you. I should have known that one! Is this event different than their usual dinner experience?

Oooh, that's interesting that Epcot is having their special fireworks on the 3rd and the 4th this year. I think I may change my plans and go to Epcot on the 3rd and MK on the 4th. MK has deluxe extra evening hours on the 3rd that I am not eligible for, and wondering if the extra hours will make MK even more crowded.
Has Epcot had their special fireworks on the 3rd in the past? I know a few years ago they were only on the 4th.

Happy anniversary!

Thank you. I should have known that one! Is this event different than their usual dinner experience?
Ahh don’t worry about it! As soon as you remember allll the nicknames a new ride opens and it starts all over again😆

This is what I decided to do:

. I wonder if watching them from the TTC would work and if the music is piped in from there.
Sure is. Did this last year although it was by accident...wasn't able to get on the ferry in time to get over to MK but I'm glad because watching from the TTC dock was a super cool experience as you get to see the entire show with the extra barges of fireworks they add for the night. It was spectacular!

Oooh, that's interesting that Epcot is having their special fireworks on the 3rd and the 4th this year. I think I may change my plans and go to Epcot on the 3rd and MK on the 4th. MK has deluxe extra evening hours on the 3rd that I am not eligible for, and wondering if the extra hours will make MK even more crowded.
Has Epcot had their special fireworks on the 3rd in the past? I know a few years ago they were only on the 4th.
I looked at the blog post again and it looks like they've removed the part about fireworks at Epcot on the 3rd. They now only list the 4th as when the show takes place. They also removed the part about Magic Kingdom staying open until 1 AM and midnight on the 3rd and 4th. I had been waiting to see if the hours would update on the website but it looks like the different departments didn't talk to each other about that.

I'll be there as well! I'm visiting my son who is a cast member. I was down there around the same time last year and did the MK fireworks on the 3rd from Main Street. If you want to see the whole "surround" of the fireworks you'd need to be ...outside the park I think. I was wondering if they are visible from inside but didn't get anyone responding yes. I wonder if watching them from the TTC would work and if the music is piped in from there. Many go to the CR. I think the Poly closes its beach to only resort guests. I did fine being in the park but just plan on it taking awhile to get back to your hotel that evening!

Last year there were excessive heat warnings and it was just melting hot (and I go often in the summer and don't mind the heat). It was so hot for me I didn't go out in the parks until later. If that happens - it's fun to wake up late and go to breakfast (love Wilderness Lodge but many good choices in the Epcot resorts). We hung out and relaxed more than usual. Happy Anniversary!
Twinsies. Also visiting a son who is a CM, also staying at Wilderness lodge. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter