First solo trip.

just booked my second solo for November during the last week of food and wine. had a blast on my first solo which was the Mega Meet.
I also enjoy WDW with my kids but they are grown and it's difficult to coordinate everyone's schedule. So I don't think I should have to wait until we can all go together. there will be family trips in the future but I'm going to continue to travel solo to my favorite place as often as I can afford it.
and to heck with what others think ;)

I have never done several days alone, but I did do one day back in 2014, I loved it. I like the freedom of doing what I wanted to do, ate where I wanted to eat, rode the rides I wanted to ride and spent as much time as I wanted in the stores as I wanted.
Tried to get BF to go but he isn't much on traveling, and he says he doesn't like Disney but he hasn't been since oh lets see 1983.
I am trying to plan a trip with my grown daughters for Sept 2017 and if they don't go. I'm going alone.

I leave on my solo trip to Orlando in just a couple of days!! I am a bit nervous since this is my first solo trip but also very excited!

I just got back from a family trip and I am definitely thinking about booking solo next time. I love being there with family but I also hate waiting for people who don't share my love of planning and utilizing fast passes and reservations. I try to do as much as possible and they enjoy sleeping late and loafing around. I'd love to go and do the things I want without waiting for people!

I just got back from a family trip and I am definitely thinking about booking solo next time. I love being there with family but I also hate waiting for people who don't share my love of planning and utilizing fast passes and reservations. I try to do as much as possible and they enjoy sleeping late and loafing around. I'd love to go and do the things I want without waiting for people!

See, I love sleeping late and loafing around. That's one thing I like about traveling solo! That's what makes it so much fun. Everyone can do what they want to do!

I agree 100%. I absolutely adored my recent three night solo trip...I'm actually a little worried that I'm gonna start to get spoiled and enjoy my family/friend trips a bit less. What a strange worry! But solo trip are just so peaceful and laid back-no worries. But after three nights, I was kind of missing conversation about my great experiences, especially like the new Soarin and Frozen...heading out again for Food and Wine with my best girl friend in a few weeks-looking forward to that too, but I will never hesitate to book solo.
:lmao: Thats hilarious. I have the same worry! I love my solo trips so much that I worry I wont have as much fun if I go with my DS16 or my partner. :laughing:

YES to all of this.
Also, people always say that to me "Awww...don't you have anyone to go with?" I don't know! I didn't ask anyone. lol I think the same thing. How sad for THEM that they can't go anywhere alone.
No kidding! I hate it when people look at me in pity thinking its sad that I have nobody to go with. I agree, its sad that they cant go anywhere alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter