First Hair Cut at Harmony Barber Shop?

Kricketnp

DIS Veteran
We are taking our LO to Disney for the first time this September, and are hoping to get her first haircut at the Harmony barbershop. Was wondering if anyone had any reviews or pics!

DH got his hair cut there once. Sorry, no pics. It was fine. They put lots of glitter hairspray in DD's hair, she was 2 or 3 at the time, but not getting a haircut. So cute.

We are taking our LO to Disney for the first time this September, and are hoping to get her first haircut at the Harmony barbershop. Was wondering if anyone had any reviews or pics!
Yup, I sure do! This is our son on his 1st birthday. I love these pictures...

They gave him special mouse ears with his haircut, a certificate, and gave us some of the hair from the haircut. (It was his first ever haircut.) They did an awesome job.

I think they're still closed, but I think they're supposed to open on 6/28 again. I'd definitely try to get a reservation.

Attachments

• MK_First_Haircut_2.jpg
    MK_First_Haircut_2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 45
  • MK_First_Haircut.jpg
    MK_First_Haircut.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 43

They gave him special mouse ears with his haircut, a certificate, and gave us some of the hair from the haircut. (It was his first ever haircut.) They did an awesome job.

I think they're still closed, but I think they're supposed to open on 6/28 again. I'd definitely try to get a reservation.

Wow these are the cutest! I already have an alarm set to try for reservations! 😀😀

We also enjoyed the experience! Got the special Mickey ears, certificate. There wasn't much to cut in our case, but she enjoyed the experience and it was fun for us to watch.

Omg cutest pictures ever!
What a great experience 🥰.

Not to sidetrack the thread too far, but Harmony is a terrific place for haircuts for any age.

I'd gotten a dreadful one before a trip once. The Harmony styist repaired it beautifully, one of the best haircuts I've ever had.

And not as expensive as I'd feared it might be.

Not to sidetrack the thread too far, but Harmony is a terrific place for haircuts for any age.

I'd gotten a dreadful one before a trip once. The Harmony styist repaired it beautifully, one of the best haircuts I've ever had.

And not as expensive as I'd feared it might be.

Good to know! I didn't even know they did that honestly. :)

Btw, for older kids and adults, try a walkup early in the day.

That's what I did and got into the chair only about 15 minutes later. Early in a week Christmas was on Friday, no less.

It's been a long time ago but we've done both a first haircut and older kids too. In my experience none of my kids liked their first haircut but for me the Disney haircut was a great experience and photo opp :) Back then, 11 years ago, we got a set of ears afterwards. Now she loves the story that her first haircut was at Disney!

I think it is the best deal in Disney. Our two oldest both had their first haircut there. Our third had a haircut there as well, but not his first. I forget the price but it was comparable, or just slightly more, than a haircut back home. However, they also got Mickey Ears with "My 1st Haircut", a certificate, a lock of hair and the story! I highly recommend it.

I’m hoping to get my first haircut since Covid hit in 2020…my wife has been relentless, every time we have gone she has interrogated the CMs to find out when it was going to open. She is beyond excited now it’s just a matter of getting in there! Thought about heading down for the day it re-opens. Two of my grandgirls got there 1st cuts there it was awesome!!!

My youngest had his first haircut there at 6 months (this was 7 years ago). His barber was wonderful, incredibly personable, and interactive. We got a bunch of wonderful pictures and it was a great experience. We still have the ears and certificate from his visit.

We have been so fortunate and were able to get all 4 of our boys, their first haircuts at Harmony! It ended up being an amazing little tradition in our home. We definitely didn't think it would happen for the younger two as we live out of country, but it all worked out!

Definitely do it if you can!

Attachments

• 710.jpg
    710.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 19
  • MVIMG_20190606_094818_1.jpg
    MVIMG_20190606_094818_1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 24
We have been so fortunate and were able to get all 4 of our boys, their first haircuts at Harmony! It ended up being an amazing little tradition in our home. We definitely didn't think it would happen for the younger two as we live out of country, but it all worked out!

Soooo cute!! :)

Love your photos! I’m tearing up just hoping I get a reservation for my son this October for his first hair cut. His hair is already wild now!C32D006E-B88F-4565-A7DB-20ECEDC80CB5.jpeg

My son is 4 and had his first haircut there. It was a wonderful experience!! It was his best haircut to date in terms of style. Such a sweet experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter