First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise Take Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a huge fan of hurrying to wait. If they don't let people start parking until 10, I am most definitely not going to show up before then. I was thinking of leaving the Dolphin around 9:30. I don't need to be the first one on the ship, I would rather enjoy my vacation than worry about getting up at dawn and rushing at breakneck speed to get to the terminal to wait for it to open to wait to board the ship. I think as long as I get there prior to the DCL transfer buses, I'll be happy.
We will be so excited we won't mind waiting some, but I am with you- i think 9:30 sounds great, that way we can sleep in just a little at least. We might go grab some yummy bakery stuff at the boardwalk and then head out.

So since we get on the ship so early- what do you guys do since we can't get in the room? just explore the whole ship- eat lunch? Is everything open for lunch? it's our first DCL cruise, so I am sure we have a lot of exploring to do!

I didn't even think of that, I will call and ask.

I believe most locations at Cape Canaveral offer a shuttle since so many folks drop off there and then need to go to the port. I looked up the Hertz location online and ensured they have a shuttle. I bet Budget does and then you don't have to worry about a taxi. :goodvibes :woohoo:

We will be so excited we won't mind waiting some, but I am with you- i think 9:30 sounds great, that way we can sleep in just a little at least. We might go grab some yummy bakery stuff at the boardwalk and then head out.

So since we get on the ship so early- what do you guys do since we can't get in the room? just explore the whole ship- eat lunch? Is everything open for lunch? it's our first DCL cruise, so I am sure we have a lot of exploring to do!

If you need to make any Spa reservation or make adjustments to you dinning time, do it as soon as you board the ship. The CM will direct you where to go. Once on board, we typically head to lunch. I am not sure what will be available on the Wonder for lunch. I am certain the buffet will be and perhaps on of the dinning rooms (Parrot Cay?). If you are travelling with kids, either have them wear their swim suits or bring then in your carryon. It's a great time to use the pools. This is also a great time to explore the ship.

If you plan to arrive before the ship opens, be sure to bring something to read, activities for the kids and maybe even snacks! A cafe with specialty coffees, basic pastries and limited snacks opens at 11 a.m. There is a seating area with a television showing Disney clips.

From some research.

If I remember 10am was when the parking lot opened?? I'm still digging for that info!

If you plan to arrive before the ship opens, be sure to bring something to read, activities for the kids and maybe even snacks! A cafe with specialty coffees, basic pastries and limited snacks opens at 11 a.m. There is a seating area with a television showing Disney clips.

From some research. If I remember 10am was when the parking lot opened?? I'm still digging for that info!

That seems to be what I can recall from cruising the cruise board.

Port opens at 10:00. Inner parking lot where you would drop your luggage curbside opens at 10:00. Outer parking lot where they make you wait until they let you in the inner lot opens around 9:30 or even earlier.

You can check in as soon as you arrive (if at 10:00 or later). Boarding starts anytime after 11:45 or so, so technically you can be onboard as early as about 12:00 if the ship is ready on time. There is no set time for each boarding number. As soon as one bunch of people are boarded from a boarding number then they call the next number.

Just ask on the cruise thread, they were quick :)

Before this thread gets crazy with mad posting...:rolleyes1 ... I just wanted to remind everyone that there will be an unofficial pre-cruise meet at the Poly Beach beginning an hour before Wishes. Grab a Dole Whip, or other favorite beverage and join us to say hello. We'll watch Wishes and the Water Parade and if anyone is still up for some fun, the party will be moving to Jelly Rolls at the Boardwalk.

The time will be announced after the park hours are released.

Looking forward to screaming with you and hugging hello!:laughing:

Before this thread gets crazy with mad posting...:rolleyes1 ... I just wanted to remind everyone that there will be an unofficial pre-cruise meet at the Poly Beach beginning an hour before Wishes. Grab a Dole Whip, or other favorite beverage and join us to say hello. We'll watch Wishes and the Water Parade and if anyone is still up for some fun, the party will be moving to Jelly Rolls at the Boardwalk.

That needs to be in bigger font.:goodvibes Much :grouphug:! And much :rotfl:

can't wait, I hope I can make it!!

does anyone have a 'guess' on what the park hours will be that Saturday? we are going to the MK and i was hoping for late hours maybe. 08 hours had that saturday open until 11pm with WISHES at 10pm.

oh and yes, we will try and be over for the meet most likely, unless they just decide they want to stay in the MK (my parents and cousin- leaving my son and DH at home!!! lol)

does anyone have a 'guess' on what the park hours will be that Saturday? we are going to the MK and i was hoping for late hours maybe. 08 hours had that saturday open until 11pm with WISHES at 10pm.

With the changes I'd guess they close at 10 this year

If memory serves I think the parking lot opens at 10am? Someone will correct me I'm sure. I was actually there 10 mins before opening and had to wait in my car. The hold some cars in the lot across the street before letting them park. Then we checked in and waiting to board in the terminal. They have TVs and couches and we needed to check our kids in etc. It was a few hours, but not too bad. If you don't want to sit around waiting then I would come later. The only thing you'll miss is getting on board early when you can't even get into your room yet. We went swimming and had to wait to get into our room till 4 (I think) again someone will come along and correct my times I'm sure.

Thanks for the info Don - just what I needed to know

I'm not a huge fan of hurrying to wait. If they don't let people start parking until 10, I am most definitely not going to show up before then. I was thinking of leaving the Dolphin around 9:30. I don't need to be the first one on the ship, I would rather enjoy my vacation than worry about getting up at dawn and rushing at breakneck speed to get to the terminal to wait for it to open to wait to board the ship. I think as long as I get there prior to the DCL transfer buses, I'll be happy.

Same here - it's just DH and I so there really is no reason for us to hurry and we'd rather not just wait around in the terminal. We'll probably leave the Dolphin around the same time.

Same here - it's just DH and I so there really is no reason for us to hurry and we'd rather not just wait around in the terminal. We'll probably leave the Dolphin around the same time.

Sounds like we have the makin' of a convoy!:cool1: :cool1:

So is anyone going in the parks on Saturday before the cruise? I think we are going to buy just a one day ticket for MK- where's the cheapest deal online for a one day? We have breakfast at Kona already reserved for Sat am before the MK (doing the KTTK tour that am) and Boma for the night before too!

it's never too early to plan, right?

We are going to do the KTTK also, what time is your tour? Did you book it already? I was going to wait until the park hours came out before I booked it.

We are going to do the KTTK also, what time is your tour? Did you book it already? I was going to wait until the park hours came out before I booked it.

Can you book tours yet? I know we can't book our dining yet...but what about tours?? Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter