• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First cruise booked!

kapoof

DIS Veteran
We just booked our first ever cruise!:banana: we will be staying at the boardwalk Inn. Then cruising for three nights on the dream in September. We decided to booked cl for a treat. Any tips for a newbie will be helpful! Also what extra perks come with cl?

I have no tips for you because we're taking our first cruise in September, too, & on the Dream :) We are staying at Disney for just one night after the cruise...maybe Contemporary if there is a discount! I can't wait!

Welcome to the boards! The best way to start your planning is to read through the FAQ thread for this forum. Next read the first 4-5 pages of posts. This will give you the basics and the most discussed topics. You will have questions of your own from these, so then post on those threads or start one of your own if you have a specific question about something not on those first few pages.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Welcome....just remember 3 day goes fast, so just relax and enjoy the cruise. You can not do everything. So, you will definitely be cruising again.

Take in the beauty of the ship and the tranquility of the sea.

I love the Buena Vista Theatre, so I recommend a movie. 3 nights is tough and I know because we are doing it again next year. You want to experience all the dining rooms but may want to go to Palo or Remy. You can always go to Enchanted Garden for breakfast so maybe skip that DR and go Palo.

Do the mini golf....fun.....

Walk deck 4..and stop and lounge a but....

Oh there is so much more....read trip reports and look a photos.....

I know you will get more advice.....have a wonderful time:banana:

Thanks! We are disney world fans but have never cruised, so of course our first cruise should be disney :goodvibes we are staying at the bwi then heading over to the dream. I thought three nights for our first cruise would be a good place to start. Can we order room service from Remys or palo, I have read conflicting reports.

Thanks! We are disney world fans but have never cruised, so of course our first cruise should be disney :goodvibes we are staying at the bwi then heading over to the dream. I thought three nights for our first cruise would be a good place to start. Can we order room service from Remys or palo, I have read conflicting reports.

I don't think you can unless you are concierge.

We just booked our first ever cruise!:banana: we will be staying at the boardwalk Inn. Then cruising for three nights on the dream in September. We decided to booked cl for a treat. Any tips for a newbie will be helpful! Also what extra perks come with cl?

How exciting :banana: We booked a 3 night cruise for our first cruise and then wished we had booked the 4 night ! You will love it! Don't forget your pirate costumes :thumbsup2
We didn't look on the DisBoards before we went so we did find it quite difficult knowing what to do and the ways of cruising but we even though we have been on a few now we are still learning new things :woohoo:

We are in cl but not the suites :). We will skip those restaurants as our son is 16, maybe next cruise;) they look wonderful though! What are your favorite restaurants on the dream?

I think you will find it a common theme that first time three night cruisers regret not booking a four night. that 1 day at sea really helps to extend the feeling of relaxation cruisers are after. The wife and I did a three night cruise and both of us were really sad to see the trip come to an end.

I am not trying to talk you out of it but if you are flexible with your dates I would certainly suggest going for the four night cruise. we are booking for a seven night cruise fr this coming winter and are both totally hooked on the dcl experience after just one trip.

you MUST do a spa treatment while on board. I did a 90 minute stone therapy massage on day one... it was so awesome I had to book another for the following night.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

My family and I are the same out first cruise was only 3 nights we got out the ship and just felt empty like we were missing something... We got back home and right away booked a 4 night cruise... If we were smart we would of done this onboard... But didn't anyway that dy at sea makes a huge difference.... But when it comes down too it 3 days is better than no days lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Congrats on your first cruise! You will love it. I agree that 3 days is just not long enough. Lucky you - concierge! I hear you won't want to cruise any other way after that! Enjoy!

Thanks everyone. We are doing just a three day cruise to see how we like cruising. I am sure we will love it. But we will be at disney world five days prior to the cruise. We thought a quick trip after wdw would be good timing. :) if we do book another cruise on board is the savings that good of a deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter