Finished the Minnie 5k and now attempting the Princess 1/2 - Am I nuts!?!

I hope you're feeling better, Stacy.:hug: Please be sure and take it easy on the TM until you feel like you're 100%. You're so close to the Minnie and you don't want to be sick or feel rundown for the race.:hug:

Have a great Tuesday!:hug:

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

It's getting close now... Oh, 1 more week! I can barely contain myself!

Stacie

Hi guys.. I am feeling sort of (ok, alot) of discouraged right now... :sad1: It's a beautiful night here - right now, probably low-mid 60's.. and so i thought it would be a great night to try my first outdoor jog/walk - i drove out a 3 mile route, and went home and grabbed my mp3 and headed out -
Well, long story short, i stunk -- my time was awful, i only did 2 miles -- and probably 1/2 of that was walking -- but i feel awful.

*i know i shouldn't have worn a windbreaker - as i was definately sweating - but didn't want to take it off as i was only wearing a tight sports top, and I was jogging on a main street.. :guilty:

*Yes, there are lots of inclines/hills where i was going -- so i am sure that had some to do with it -- as i am not use to hills!! :sad2:

*Yes, the sidewalks are very bumpy and uneven, so i was constantly watching where i was going, which i am sure made me slower -

Ok, enough excuses, i am just totally bummed out. Now, i am wondering what the heck is going to happen in WDW!

I can do a great (to me) 3mi. on the TM , but what if i totally choke outdoors in Epcot!!!

Wondering if tomorrow night i should go to the bike path - where it is flat, and test out my run / walk there -- there are mile markers on the ground -- see if that makes a difference..

Thanks for listening, i had to come home and vent to you guys!! :grouphug:

Hi! I was just dropping by to wish you luck on your race. It's almost here!

I think trying a bike path is a great idea--very similar to the terrain you'll actually be running on, from what I understand about the 5k track.

It's OK that you had a little hiccup here--much better to get it out of your system before the race. I'm sure the excitement of the event will be very motivating and you'll do great, but even so, everything you've accomplished in the last few months is amazing. You've got so much more to be proud of than one race.

Go get 'em! :cool1:

I'm so glad you're feeling better. :goodvibes Try not to stress about WDW. Just being there will get you all pumped up. I guarantee you'll do great! :thumbsup2

I think taking a run on the bike path is a great idea. Uneven sidewalks and lots o' hills isn't the best place for ya right now. ;)

Stay positive...look at all you've accomplished already. :thumbsup2

Stacy - did I write to you somewhere else or did I fail to send the response I wrote to you about this run? I just don't remember. It was maybe on the Minnie thread. I didn't know about the windbreaker - I can understand not wanting to reveal too much on Main Street, but seriously, being too warm can really slow you down. Which now I think about it might have been a good training strategy, considering where we're going to be running. :)

And bumpy sidewalks - that's just as treacherous as ice in some ways. Better slow than sorry.

Still, I can understand your frustration. This close to the race, you want to feel like you're dominating on the training runs. Everyone has days where the body just isn't willing, though. When's your next run?

Hi Stacy, don't get discouraged! You have been sick and sometimes it takes a few days to get back into the swing of things. I think your bike path idea is a good one, hope it worked out today and that you are feeling better. You are doing great and just one more week to go!

Hang in there and keep up the good work!

Kim, Corinna, and Amy, thanks soooo much for your good vibes!! :goodvibes

Well, i hit the bike path last night - (after a walmart stop to buy a stopwatch) and dressed more appropriately - wore my sleeveless Nike top -- didn't care WHO THE HECK saw me. :rotfl2:

After a minor mishap with my new watch, i am saying that i finished my walk/run combo (3.0 miles) in just under 40 min. (So around 13min per mile) :yay: So, not as great as all you "pro's" and not as great as my best TM time, but, i will take it -- it was a heck of alot better than my previous outdoor attempt. :rolleyes1 And it was about mid 60's - but had a nice seabreeze, since the bikepath is right by the water.

So, i am feeling more confident -- and i am sure you are right Kim, that the excitement of being in the "world" will totally give me a boost -- i just didn't want to soley rely on it. KWIM?

However, i totally realize that if i ever even slightly *think* i would attempt the rumored Princess 1/2 (or any 1/2) next may -- then i have some SERIOUS training to do when i get back!!! And lots more weight i would want to lose - about hmmmm.. 30lbs?

But, we'll deal with that later.. it's FRIDAY!!!!!!! :banana:

Great job on your workout yesterday, Stacy!!! Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!:hug:

Hi Stacy!

Nice run! Gotta point out that I wish I could say "had a nice seabreeze" during my runs (only slightly jealous!)

Anyway...I firmly believe that if you can train and complete a 5k (which you are and will do), you can definitely train and complete a half marathon...so I encourage you to sign up if and when they announce the half next spring!!

Hope all is well...stay safe, only one more week till Minnie!

Yeah Stacy, I am with ScoJo, I envy that sea breeze! Around here its just dry wind! Your trip is so close, I thought about you the other night when I saw the GF! The excitement of being in WDW with your daughter and mom is going to give you some serious boost. I think 13 minute mile is incredilbe! There will always be people that run faster but you know what? You do that way faster than probably 90% or more of the rest of the population! Think about that and you will see how above average you are! When you get back from the Minnie, you can plan your next challenge. After the way you have approached this one, I think you can do anything you set your mind to! Happy Weekend!

Thanks Scott, Tracy and Amy! :goodvibes

Well, last night i headed out to a different spot -- it's a park near me that has a 1 lane "track" -- it measures about 1/3 mile around so it says..

Well, i gotta say, i received in the mail a WISH shirt and visor from a GREAT chick (((Debra!))) and i don't know if it was those WISH vibes or what coming thru, but i did great! Out of my 3 miles, i only walked 1/3 of a mile!! :banana: That is a first for me! (AND, i even went around one more time, just incase the distance was "off" a bit!) Now, granted, i didn't run fast the rest, but the key word is i Jogged the rest without stopping! Even if it was a slow jog -- that was just a big accomplishment.
I felt great -- and i don't know, maybe it was the fact that i knew the exact distance i HAD to go (i knew i had to do 9 laps for 3 miles) - so i "Saw" my beginning and end so to speak, vs running on the bike path - where i was CONSTANTLY wondering when the next 1/2 mile marker would be coming up!! LOL I think this park track gave me some kind of knowledge of my distance (sort of what the race at Epcot will do i think). So, i am so excited about Epcot's 5k -- b/c i KNOW the distance and the route -- so i know where the beginning and end is, and i know the "markers" -- so i think i will do fine. It was also perfect weather - about 55 degrees, with a nice breeze, just PERFECT. :cloud9:
I was just so pumped after i was done.. and proud. (Did i mention that?! LOL) :rolleyes1
I finished my 3miles in about 37 min. - which is a new PR for me! :banana:

Stacy,

That is awesome you ran that three miles faster than ever! Great job!!:thumbsup2 I think that knowing exactly how far you are into your run is probably very helpful. Whatever mental strategy works is the one to go with. Keep up the good work! And keep being proud of yourself, you have earned it! Hey I'm proud of you too!:worship:

Just popping in here to WISH you a terrific time at the Minnie and a great race time! Given how well you've been doing, I have do doubts things will go well!

Thanks guys!!!

I did 3 miles last night - and had to go on the TM, b/c it was pouring out -- so wow.. i had forgot after running outside the last couple times, what a difference it was -- i found myself constantly looking at my pace/miles/time.. lol i was driving myself crazy!!!
I didn't do as great as previously, but i know it was in my head too -- i think i am really going to prefer outdoors - now i can tell that! But, i did my 3.0 miles in about 39 min.. so not wonderful, but hey, i didn't want to push it, can't afford to get hurt now! I can always step it up at Epcot -- don't want to chance it now though.. it's too close!!

Stacy,
You are doing great, I am out of the loop right now since I have been MIA alot myself. If you are constantly improving you will definately be able to do a 1/2.A seabreeze would be a great push for me that's a bonus!

Yes a TM does tend to make you look more at the numbers than just enjoying the run,the outdoors is finally nice and we get spoiled.

Keep up the great work and keep pushing yourself,
Linda

Hey Stacy. You've been doing great on your runs!!! Way to go. You won't have a bit of a problem for the 5K!

So, are you packed yet??? It's soooo close!!!!

See you soon!

Stacie

Yes, i am pretty much packed! Gotta finish cramming the last min. items in though.. and finish packing my dd's suitcase.. and gotta check Southwest's carry on size requirement again.. LOL

And gotta figure out how to shove all my snacks in.. ;)

:laughing: A girl's gotta snack! You're doing way better than me on the packing, it sounds like. That's my project this afternoon. So I guess I'd better get on with it. I must also say that muddling through your last couple of runs before a race does bode well for race day. Hopefully it will all just click into place for you and you'll be able to thoroughly enjoy how ever many minutes 3.1 miles happens to take you that day. You are so well within the pacing requirements, regardless. Very cool! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter