Finding your way around WDW?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
I have never had a car in WDW so this may seem like a silly question. Is there a map of getting around from your resort to the parks or to the other resorts?

At any Guest Services or Guest Relations (as well as Bus Info) they will have a Disney Transportation Guide, which has a map of property on the back. Getting around property is really quite easy, as long as you READ THE SIGNS... I can't stress that enough... Everything for the most part is fairly well marked. And despite WDW's size (twice the size of Manhattan) most of Disney is based off of two roads... World Drive, and Buena Vista Drive. Very easy.

World Drive:
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Fort Wilderness
Wilderness Lodge
Transportation Center
Contemporary
Polynesian
Grand Floridian

Buena Vista Drive:
All-Stars
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Blizzard Beach
Coronado Springs
Epcot
Disney-MGM Studios
Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club
The Disney Boardwalk
Pop Century
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans
Old Key West
Downtown Disney
Typhoon Lagoon

just read the signs and you will be fine. Every road always leads to something - if you miss Epcot the first time around you will see another sign 2 minutes later. You really can't get lost!!

I agree--very easy, especially once you drive around that first day. One thing--when a sign says "next right" (such as the one on Buena Vista Drive leading to the Animal Kingdom) it means exactly that--NEXT right!!! Several of these roads are a very short distance from the road sign and are easy to drive right by.

I appreciate your replies, I have the worst sense of direction, but my 20 year old son will be with me and he drove a van during the summer for a pharmacy company and can be my navigator if I miss something.
Normally I use a town car service but we want to got to IOA one day and by the time you add the cost of the tip and the cost of the trip to and from the airport and the trip to IOA and back it seems cost effective to use a rental, since we only need a compact car.

I agree with the "read the signs" advice; there is more than one place where even the best map may make things worse!

Only caveat: the signs do not mention every possible destination separately. So for example, to drive to Wilderness Lodge it really, really helps to know that it is considered a "Magic Kingdom Resort". It helps to have some sort of map to know generally where you're headed, but not specifically how to get there.

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
I agree--very easy, especially once you drive around that first day. One thing--when a sign says "next right" (such as the one on Buena Vista Drive leading to the Animal Kingdom) it means exactly that--NEXT right!!! Several of these roads are a very short distance from the road sign and are easy to drive right by.

yeah, we hate that! i wish they would fix the signage so it gives you a bit more advance notice. we always almost miss the exit/turn.

I am with you disneyberry- we hada couple time we had to turn around cause we missed it but by the end of the trip we got it right. Too busy talking in the car and not paying attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter