Finding new show schedule more difficult when cruising with infant and first seating.

CarolynU

Proud Mum twice over
We have a very slow eating infant but with double shows and no welcome aboard show Dinner is 6pm and Twice Charmed 7.30pm. That will be touch and go! If we miss it we can meet Minnie but that’s about it.
We can see the show tomorrow or if we catch it we will then probably just have to go again tomorrow, because not much else maybe?
Tuesday is Tangled. If we see that which we will, on Wednesday the main entertainer is in Fathoms as Tangled is repeated, but the entertainer clashes with Dinner, so do we dine or see the entertainer because his next show is after Fathoms becomes 18+????
Then Dreams we will see twice Friday and Saturday?!
Well on Sat it’s at 7.30pm so with a slow eater a bit tight???
This is the seven day Med departing today.
My granddaughter loves shows and music but this is much trickier than any of my previous cruises to make work.

Yep, I feel your pain. Is there anyway to start feeding your granddaughter earlier? With the exception of the first night, which is always the slowest, you should be able to get out of dinner by 7:15 and be able to catch the 7:30 performances.

Yep, I feel your pain. Is there anyway to start feeding your granddaughter earlier? With the exception of the first night, which is always the slowest, you should be able to get out of dinner by 7:15 and be able to catch the 7:30 performances.
That’s a good idea. Maybe give her something by the pool and then hope that she will just sit nicely while we eat in the MDR.
That works except for the Fathom show which is at 6.45. How do we do that? At the moment we have to skip dinner or go to cabanas I guess ???

Make sure you share your frustration with the cruise director, on your comment card, and to DCL directly.

For this trip, I think the idea of having your granddaughter eat early might make sense. You could get a cheese plate from room service or some food from the pool deck then she can just snack during the actual meal time.

I've also found that the service team will bring the entire kids meal during appetizers for the adults. Definitely make sure you get to dinner on time each night and tell your service team your concerns and desires.

Have a great trip!

I can’t understand the logic of this at all. So one night it’s see the entertainer or eat in the MDR.
Right update! For ‘these’ cruises I’ve just been told by club staff Fathoms doesn’t become adult only until 9.30, so that should work.

On our Med cruise, all the family oriented shows in Fathom's were either at 7:45 PM or shown twice at 6:30 PM and 8:45 PM if the show in the Walt Disney Theater was at 7:30 PM. You should have no problem making those after main seating. They do that so late seating can see them too.

No this is either 6.45 or 8.45. Our dining is 6pm so won’t make the first one and Fathoms was supposed to become adult only at 9pm but I’ve just been told that this has been pushed to 9.30pm.

It’s also a bit sad that unless you see Twice Charmed twice and Dreams twice you have nothing in the WDT on your first and last night unless you have nothing on days two and six.

No this is either 6.45 or 8.45. Our dining is 6pm so won’t make the first one and Fathoms was supposed to become adult only at 9pm but I’ve just been told that this has been pushed to 9.30pm.
OK, this is for an upcoming cruise, right? Are you talking to CM's? How are you getting the timing for these shows? I was literally on the med cruise last week with 6:00 PM dining and they never started a show at 6:45 PM. It sounds like somebody is looking at the wrong time zones or something. It just doesn't add up to me.

ETA: Ok, you are on the ship and have the summary of shows to come. I think I understand because you are on your way to Dover and you will change time zones and gain an hour. Well, I certainly hope that the times are misprinted and will be corrected with daily navigators and on your app. Have a great cruise.

Last edited:
On our Med cruise, all the family oriented shows in Fathom's were either at 7:45 PM or shown twice at 6:30 PM and 8:45 PM if the show in the Walt Disney Theater was at 7:30 PM. You should have no problem making those after main seating. They do that so late seating can see them too.
Second seating can only see the first show, and the first seating can only see the second except if it remained as adult only and then first seating couldn’t see it at all. Confused?
I was but as they have now pushed back the adult only requirement it can be done.

OK, this is for an upcoming cruise, right? Are you talking to CM's? How are you getting the timing for these shows? I was literally on the med cruise last week with 6:00 PM dining and they never started a show at 6:45 PM. It sounds like somebody is looking at the wrong time zones or something. It just doesn't add up to me.
I’m on the ship right now! Its boarding day!

ETA: Ok, you are on the ship and have the summary of shows to come. Well, I certainly hope that the times are misprinted and will be corrected with daily navigators and on your app. Have a great cruise.
Thank you. I’m sure that we will. We were chosen to be Family of the Day! How exciting was that!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter