Fidelity

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I know I've heard on here that Fidelity is a pretty good company to buy through. I receive their email alerts, and immediately after I received an email today, I contacted them about a resale. I was pretty confused when they responded that the contract had already sold. I thought these were the new contracts that were sent out before they ever went on their website. Something else that was strange is that they have contracts listed as Wilderness Lodge. I knew the contract was BRV based on the price, but I asked if it was Boulder Ridge and not Copper Creek. The woman responded with "No, it's Villas at Wilderness Lodge." Did she really not know what she was talking about? I wasn't impressed at all.

I used Bonnie @ Fidelity and she was great.
I didn't get a choice on who to talk to. When I gave the first person who answered the reference number, she said "----- is the one who has that listing" and transferred me. That made it sound like you had to deal with that person and no one else.

I know I've heard on here that Fidelity is a pretty good company to buy through. I receive their email alerts, and immediately after I received an email today, I contacted them about a resale. I was pretty confused when they responded that the contract had already sold. I thought these were the new contracts that were sent out before they ever went on their website. Something else that was strange is that they have contracts listed as Wilderness Lodge. I knew the contract was BRV based on the price, but I asked if it was Boulder Ridge and not Copper Creek. The woman responded with "No, it's Villas at Wilderness Lodge." Did she really not know what she was talking about? I wasn't impressed at all.

BRV's legal name is Villas at Wilderness Lodge so that's what she might have been referring to. Now of course Disney has changed the name it calls it but legally it's still Villas at Wilderness Lodge and that won't change.

Otherwise, Fidelity can be hit and miss. I'd not place them as a top broker but I also wouldn't be afraid to use them and have a couple of times without any issues.

BRV's legal name is Villas at Wilderness Lodge so that's what she might have been referring to. Now of course Disney has changed the name it calls it but legally it's still Villas at Wilderness Lodge and that won't change.

Otherwise, Fidelity can be hit and miss. I'd not place them as a top broker but I also wouldn't be afraid to use them and have a couple of times without any issues.
That's interesting to know. So when you buy, how do you really know which one you're getting?

I'm working with Shawn at fidelity right now (in rofr) she's been pretty good..not sure about the email updates.

When I put in an offer I originally talked to Bonnie but when I asked about another contract she sent me to Shawn so I guess they do handle specific contracts

Recently they started adding contracts to the website everyday as they are new and available. They still send out the weekly (typically Thursday) email every week. So the email has all new listings since the last email. They may have been on the website for a few days and have offers either accepted or in negotiation. In the contracts I negotiated through them I believe they let that negotiation conclude before they went to next offer in order of receipt. Some on the boards have felt they were put in bidding wars, that is not how I felt. On one contract when I offered asking price, it was accepted by the agent and no "acceptance" by the seller was needed. A few hours later, that contract appeared in the blast email. Some say the new way is better, others prefer the old way.

That's interesting to know. So when you buy, how do you really know which one you're getting?

Copper Creek will be that on the deed. The price will be quite different too! Most of the brokers have switched over to using BRV for the listings. Fidelity hasn't and there was another I've seen who hasn't. But I think most have had a Copper Creek listing or two and call it that.

Whenever buying resale I look up the current owners deed on the Orange county website once I receive the contract. You'd also verify for certain what was what at that time if you had any lingering questions. But if someone told me it was a Villas at Wilderness Lodge contract then I'd feel pretty certain it's that - aka Boulder Ridge.

This is all awesome information. I will know to check their website each day, too. I really don't want to buy until 2019 or 2020, but if I see a good contract I might. I was just surprised at how much cheaper their contracts are than some of the other brokers.

This is all awesome information. I will know to check their website each day, too. I really don't want to buy until 2019 or 2020, but if I see a good contract I might. I was just surprised at how much cheaper their contracts are than some of the other brokers.

They do add an administrative fee of $195 which no other broker that I'm aware of does. But I thought the closing costs were still comparable overall to others which from my observations have increased quite a bit and with the purchase prices you can still come out ahead. But the listing prices often mean the contracts go fast.

I was like you...mostly just looking and putting in low ball offers but fidelity listing seem to be serious about selling!

I bought with Bonnie as well. She was good. I like that fidelity is priced reasonably well and there is less haggling.

I was similar to you and found that the really competitive pricing list8ngs went immediately.

The communication with Fideilty is horrible. I had to email to verify every step of the process. I wasn't even sure the buyer accepted our offer. I had to ask when it was submitted to rofr. With another broker now. I submitted an offer yesterday, signed contract and Rec'd an email it was submitted to rofr. All in 1 day. Soooo happy to not be wondering what's going on.

I had the same issue up front but within a few weeks I reached out again about another listing and it was still available. Made an offer $3 cheaper than the list price and it was accepted.

The communication with Fideilty is horrible. I had to email to verify every step of the process. I wasn't even sure the buyer accepted our offer. I had to ask when it was submitted to rofr. With another broker now. I submitted an offer yesterday, signed contract and Rec'd an email it was submitted to rofr. All in 1 day. Soooo happy to not be wondering what's going on.
I will say that I have to email Shawn for updates and they seem slow in general, it took a while to get the contract then a few days after both parties signed it went to rofr...and both times i was getting antsy and e-mailed her and was told it would be "soon" and I believe that pushed them to do it because both times I got what I was waiting for within the hour.

Overall though for the ease of negotiating and the fact that I at least get responses I'm satisfied.

Fidelity is not a dedicated DVC broker so their knowledge is sometimes lacking. In addition they still have a business relationship with DVD (Disney) as does Vacatia. They get referrals and contracts from Disney to sell.The $195 fee for Fidelity is thought to cover the fee paid to Disney for the listing.

:earsboy: Bill

I try to avoid them. I used them 4 years ago for my first purchase because I didn't know better. They lack courtesy to return calls for sold listings, so you have to call many times just to find out the listing sold.

The high closing costs along with a out of left field fee are ridiculous.

Avoid them.
Other than the $195 fee which I had the seller pay there weren’t any obscene fees for our closing.

I dealt with Shawn last year, and found her to be very responsive as long as it was during her working hours. I've forgotten now what they were, but I remember her telling me her exact hours on the first call we had, so that I would know when I'd be getting voicemail instead of her. I found her to be very pleasant, and seemed to understand and could articulate the whole process, the four or five times we spoke over the phone. As she promised, she got the contract to me within a few minutes of her call back to me that the seller had accepted my offer. Compared to a typical real estate agent, I'd rate her as outstanding.

I can't say the same for First American Title. They seemed to be all over the place, and it took several transfers to get through to the "right person" handling my closing. Once I had that person's name, I was able to get back to them, only to find out that my file had been passed to someone else. Very frustrating, little communication, and it felt like I was just one of a million whose closing they were doing that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter