• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Female" questions about running/race...

just a thought on the feminine supplies- make sure what ever you do is well insulated from sweat or any other liguids- I've had plastic tissue packets totally sopped at races and then when I needed them they were very ineffectual. Zip bags are my friends LOL.

I go commando with running tights/shorts.

For TOM, I use playtex tampons. I'll usually step up a level (plus vs regular) for a long run or race. I am blessed with a light period. No cramps either. Don't be a hater ; )

I have lost a lot of weight and my bosom is a shell of its former self. :sad1: I have had good luck with Enell bras. They are expensive. They are not sleek. There's a seam across the front. It feels like I'm putting on a flack jacket. BUT nobody moves.

Others have said and I second, try a few options during long runs. Nothing new on race day.

Ronda

Another vote for the Diva Cup here. They are awesome.

I'm a commando girl, but my friend swears by Moving Comfort underwear (I think she was a little freaked out when she heard my answer to her question about what I use). On a related note, as a 36DDD, I like the Moving Comfort Fiona in 36DD. It's hard to find DDD in sports bras, but I can jam the girls into 36DDs if I don't care how it looks. I have the Moving Comfort underwire, and I don't like it as much. I haven't sprung for an Enell yet, but the Moving Comfort ones are much cheaper.

Cate

OK. I have a TMI question since this thread is going.........
I'm looking for mini/thin pads that have wings.
I don't want ones that are too long as that bugs me. I tried the Stay Free Minis with wings, but they were too big for me.
I currently use CareFree Body Shapes To Go. But they don't have wings.
And I would like the added holding in place power the wings have. Helps after you get pretty sweaty from running.:rotfl:
Any suggestions???

I go commando with running tights/shorts.

For TOM, I use playtex tampons. I'll usually step up a level (plus vs regular) for a long run or race. I am blessed with a light period. No cramps either. Don't be a hater ; )

I have lost a lot of weight and my bosom is a shell of its former self. :sad1: I have had good luck with Enell bras. They are expensive. They are not sleek. There's a seam across the front. It feels like I'm putting on a flack jacket. BUT nobody moves.

Others have said and I second, try a few options during long runs. Nothing new on race day.

Ronda
The sport bra question: Pre-reduction (yes, I am happy - hubby not so much), the Enell bras were the only thing that kept those bad girls in place!

OK. I have a TMI question since this thread is going.........
I'm looking for mini/thin pads that have wings.
I don't want ones that are too long as that bugs me. I tried the Stay Free Minis with wings, but they were too big for me.
I currently use CareFree Body Shapes To Go. But they don't have wings.
And I would like the added holding in place power the wings have. Helps after you get pretty sweaty from running.:rotfl:
Any suggestions???

Try Always Ultra Thin Slender. I used these for the same reason you noted and LOVED Them!

In the TMI dept - I didn't start running until age 45. The first 8, count'em 8 half marathons that I did it was that TOM!!! I joked that I didn't know what it was like to run a half without supplies and in black running shorts!

Now, I am learning to run thru hot flashes....:rolleyes1

As I tell my sister and niece - always remember, 2 MEN wrote "I Enjoy Being a Girl" :rotfl2:

Underwear = I love the Barely There brand microfiber undies, I have ran countless miles in them, love, love, love them, and they come in girly colors. I usually stock up on them when they go on sale at J.C. Penney's or Kohl's.

Girly TOM - I can't give you any advice, total hysterectomy at 38 due to fibroid tumors & endometriosis. ;)

Running/Fitness Bra = I love Champion Brand seamless running/fitness racer back running bras. They sell them at Target, again I stock up on them when they go on sale. I had problems with chafing due to seams prior to trying the Champion seamless fitness bras. I wear a 36B.

Good luck all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter