Favourite Shops at DLRP

Mickey's old friend said:
Minnie YC, Wow, thanks for that info. You can purchase at different shops and use all those purchases for the 175 euros, correct? Would it be worth while to ship your purchases home? Any other tips for first time DLP visitors from the States?

At DLP, the 175 euros can come from any variety of shops, as long as everything is purchased in one day. The 175 euros must come from items that you carry home yourself. If you ship your items home, they will not be taxed anyways. But I'd imagine that it would be very pricey to ship items home. It would be cheaper to bring or buy an extra duffel bag or suitcase (preferably from somewhere in Paris or Auchan- a hypermarche near DLP, rather than from DLP). It costs 60 euro cent (nearly 1 dollar these das) to mail a postcard from Europe to the US, so I'd imagine that shipping items would be a lot.

If you buy delicate items at DLP, tell them that you are flying to the US, and they will pack them very well for you. I bought a few mugs at DLP at this one store, and the CM who wrapped them for me was possibly the nicest CM I've ever met at any Disney themepark. They all arrived safely.

In Paris, and anywhere else outside of DLP in Europe, the 175 euros must come from one store.

Items that do NOT count towards the "detaxe" include park admission, food (both restaurants and food items to take home), books (I think) and possibly some children's clothes. I have the full list somewhere, and I'll try to find it.

You will have to declare the items at the airport before you leave. You may be asked to show the items (or at least point to the bag they are in), so you either need to declare the items before you check-in for your flight or pack them in your carry-on and declare after you check-in. This process tends to be pretty easy, but allow extra time for it. You may have to wait a while if there are several people needing to declare with few agents working at the counter- it tends to vary on the terminal your flight is leaving from. On my last trip, I got to the airport, and 5 minutes later I was done declaring (it was an Air France terminal, for the record). But another time, I was on line for nearly 45 minutes (when I was taking American Airlines).

Any other questions, feel free to ask! I'm the kind of person who loves to live vicariously through others when it comes to trips to DLP & Paris! ;)

Thank you for all the info. I need all the info many people consider basic. This is our first European trip. I don't even know what questions to ask at this point, so I am eagerly reading all posts to get an idea of how things will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter