Favourite Shops at DLRP

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
My two favourite things? Shopping and Disney ;)

Tell me about your favourite shops in Disneyland Paris!

Where can you not miss and what are your favourite souviners?

Thanks!

Karen

I have to say that I enjoy looking, rather than buying :teeth:
At Christmas season we love looking and buying decorations for tree in Christmas shop at castle.
DS loves shops in Frontierland - guns and cowboy hats. Both DD's love Disneystore in village and shop beside Snow White ride princess:

Reid

Cyrano said:
I have to say that I enjoy looking, rather than buying :teeth:
Reid

I love looking THEN buying!:rotfl2:

On a serious note, this will be a very interesting thread for me, after reading it I will know which shops to head straight for!

Is the Giraffe Curieuse (sp?) shop still going? I couldn't tell you what it sells - or any of the DLP shops for that matter - but I just love a place with such an odd idea!!

DH is a hugh pin collector, we are visiting May 18th to May 21st. We can he purchase limited edition pins. Also, we are looking to meet and chat with local pin collectors. DH will be bringing pins to trade.

Where do I begin?

I literally have visited every shop in the DLP theme parks and the Disney Village as well as the shop at the Disneyland Hotel.

If you love Disney shopping, the Village is worth a stop, as long as you're at DLP for at least 2 days. It's not that big (not nearly the size of the Village at WDW), so I'd just go there and go to every shop. I'm a serious shopper, I went to every shop, and I was at the Village for a little under 2 hours. The shops there are pretty good.

At Disneyland Park, definitely check out the Emporium. If time permits, all of the Main Street shops are great. I found some lovely kitchen wares at one of them. I also really liked Disney Clothiers, Ltd on Main Street. Overall, if you really like an attraction or like particular theming of an area of a park, check out the shops. Some of the Fantasyland shops have some really nice items. And the Confectionary on Main Street is a great place for a pick-me-up after a long day of Disney shoppin! ;) But seriously, if you want to find small gifts for nieces & nephews, your children's friends, etc., do check out the Confectionary, as they have a fairly good selection of small packages of sweets that come in nice containers that can be re-used (little tins with characters on them, small purses for girls, that sort of thing). The prices on these are often pretty reasonable (not hard to find something for under 5 euros).

La Girafe Curieuse is still open! That is a fun shop!

I particularly enjoyed the shop next to Pirates of the Caribbean.

At the Studios, the Walt Disney Studios Store at Studio One is the best, IMO. If you really love Disney Animation, check out the store next to this attraction, even if just to look (those limited-edition items are EXPENSIVE!!!) I think the only other store at the Studios was the one you pass after getting off Rock-n-Rollercoaster.

While Galerie Mickey at the Disneyland Hotel was nice, it's not worth a visit unless you're staying at this hotel or are eating there. I bet that the other hotel shops have the same merchandise.

Many DLP stores have sale racks! Check them out! The discounts can be nice! I found a gorgeous sweater that was 50% off.

For pin trading with cast members, try to do it early in the day. I don't think the CMs change their lanyards during the day, so by the afternoon and evening, they have mostly pins they have received during the day, a majority of which are ones from the starter kits. I cannot recall any shops that carried only pins, but I think the best selections tended to be at the larger shops such as the Emporium at DIsneyland Park. If you're new to pin-trading, get a pin-trading starter kit. Jodyb mentioned them in her trip report, and they are great, as you get 4 pins and a lanyard for less than the cost of 4 individual pins. Also, at some of the larger shops, they have selected pins on sale for 3 euros (normal price is 6 euros), so these are great for trading too.

If you're staying on-property, if you buy anything before 3PM, you can have it sent to your resort's gift-shop. You can pick it up from the shop any time after 8 PM. This service is FREE, and it's great when you buy items that are on the heavy side. THis service at DLP is so much more efficient that the one at WDW, but that's another story, I suppose.

Lastly, this will apply to only a few people here, but if you're not from the European Union and you know you will be doing a lot of shopping, try to do all of your shopping in one day. If you spend at least 175 euros in one day (NOT counting park admission, hotel, food), you can get the tax (VAT) back, which is a very large amount! You'll have to get a special form filled out at one of the shops, but the process is worth it.

Minnie - wow! There is nothing I can say to add to that!

Minnie - now that's what I call serious shopping :)
Do you have time to do the rides ;)

Reid

There's a shop in the Village, I think it's next to King Ludwigs, it has the most amazing mythical/magical style goods, ornaments, lots of dragons etc. I could have spent a fortune in there.
The Emporium is wonderful I bought a beautiful pair of pink gloves in there, when I wore them over here last winter lots of people commented on how pretty they were and they're beautifully warm.
I think probably my favourite souvenirs are the boys hats, Liam had the MM Ears magician hat, Jamie had this Goofy Christmas type hat with
great big ears that he'd tied under his chin for extra warmth and a tinkly bell.

After our first visit I bought one of those really big clipframes and made a collage out of our photos, tickets, serviettes, restaurant cards, etc. (I'm a hoarder),which hangs on the boys' bedroom wall - it's full of great memories. :cheer2:

Hi,

we usually going through ALL shops :cool1: looking for new items.
One of my favourite shop is Harringstons at Main Street and the one at Disney Animation at the WDS. All the shops at the Village are nice too specially the Disney Gallery.

Greets Renate :wizard:

jillrobinson said:
After our first visit I bought one of those really big clipframes and made a collage out of our photos, tickets, serviettes, restaurant cards, etc. (I'm a hoarder),which hangs on the boys' bedroom wall - it's full of great memories. :cheer2:

What a lovely idea Jill!

Keep the shops coming guys, I have added lots to my "must do" list!

Isn't Disney wonderful. First they create shops and then they add rides :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Reid

Isn't Disney wonderful. First they create shops and then they add rides

They realised the men needed something to do while the women went shopping!! :teeth:

My favourite shops :- the one in the castle is brilliant if expensive. Some beautiful stuff in there. And there is a little crystal/glass stall in the Liberty Arcade. I always go there to get a gift for my mother who can't go the same time I do as she is at home cat sitting. Pretty reasonable prices as well.

I wish there was more Beauty and the Beast merchandise though - of the grown up variety I mean. They do plenty of 'little girl' stuff in the Princess type line, but not so much of the collectibles. It's a real shame.

Minnie YC, Wow, thanks for that info. You can purchase at different shops and use all those purchases for the 175 euros, correct? Would it be worth while to ship your purchases home? Any other tips for first time DLP visitors from the States?

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter