Favorite Disney Souvenirs?!

Ornament (standard souvenir for just about any vacation we take), maybe a travel coffee mug.

But that's it. I'm over the souvenir part of Disney. I realized most of the stuff just gathers dust once we get home, or is terribly overpriced for what it is - or in many cases, both of those!

I bet you have amassed a huge Disney collection!!! :worship:

I didn't even know they had vinylmation trading at Disney. I did the pin trading my first time, after that I just bought whatever pins I liked.

My post cost me $175...because right after posting, I went to disneystore.com and ended up buying $175 of stuff. The Mouse always wins.

P.S. Yes, they stopped Vinylmation trading about 3 years ago.

Ornament (standard souvenir for just about any vacation we take), maybe a travel coffee mug.

But that's it. I'm over the souvenir part of Disney. I realized most of the stuff just gathers dust once we get home, or is terribly overpriced for what it is - or in many cases, both of those!

Very nice! Do you have a favorite style of ornaments? You are right, Disney souvenirs are becoming more and more expensive! It's getting very sad.
Maybe it's :maleficen fault. Hehe

Not much. I will usually get one ornament per trip. The kids usually each get a stuffed animal. One year we bought two towels because the morning was cooler than expected, kids were cold, and towels were cheaper than sweatshirts.

Very cool! Ornaments are a great souvenir!! It's ridiculous how much their goods cost! :eek:

Ornaments, Pandora/Chamilia charms, Dooney & Bourke handbags and pins are usually what I bring home (along with hundreds of photos).

Awesome!!! All great souvenirs! Any favorite charms or ornaments?! :dogdance:

My post cost me $175...because right after posting, I went to disneystore.com and ended up buying $175 of stuff. The Mouse always wins.

P.S. Yes, they stopped Vinylmation trading about 3 years ago.

Ohh noo!!!

Thanks for informing me! I didn't know about vinylmation trading. I wonder why they stopped it?:mickeyjum

Ohh noo!!!

Thanks for informing me! I didn't know about vinylmation trading. I wonder why they stopped it?:mickeyjum

I can venture a guess. They replaced the Disney Springs Vinylmation store with a Star Wars store. So, in the year or two leading up to that change, they must have already known they were rebranding that space and wanted to phase it out. Plus there are now Pop! Vinyls which is more competition. And perhaps they already issued as many Vinyl themes as they felt they could, they still have some Vinylmations for sale, but no where near the amount they had before. There was also more costs involved with the trading, they had to have mystery boxes in multiple locations and labor involved with trading that wasn't necessarily driving more sales and probably clogging up sales lines. I also heard people were going into the Vinylmation store with pocket sized scales and they were trying to scam the system by figuring out which box had the "chaser" which was more valuable than the rest, I'm sure they didn't stop over that, but that sucks.

It was a huge bummer, I really loved trading them, it was more satisfying and exciting than pin trading.

I can venture a guess. They replaced the Disney Springs Vinylmation store with a Star Wars store. So, in the year or two leading up to that change, they must have already known they were rebranding that space and wanted to phase it out. Plus there are now Pop! Vinyls which is more competition. And perhaps they already issued as many Vinyl themes as they felt they could, they still have some Vinylmations for sale, but no where near the amount they had before. There was also more costs involved with the trading, they had to have mystery boxes in multiple locations and labor involved with trading that wasn't necessarily driving more sales and probably clogging up sales lines. I also heard people were going into the Vinylmation store with pocket sized scales and they were trying to scam the system by figuring out which box had the "chaser" which was more valuable than the rest, I'm sure they didn't stop over that, but that sucks.

It was a huge bummer, I really loved trading them, it was more satisfying and exciting than pin trading.

That's too bad. I'm probably going to get flak for saying this, but I feel like Star Wars is becoming quickly overrated already as far as Disney goes. There's always some rotten apples that ruin it for the bunch (in regards to the measuring).

I have a Mickey NYC vinylmation and Snow White and Cinderella vinylmation pins. I guess most of that fad past right by me without me noticing!

But as soon as they stopped trading, I stopped buying. My kids were not in the mood to take a chance on a blind box with no recourse for trying to get something they like better. So while they may not have seen the trading as driving more sales, it was the only thing that drove sales from my family. And nothing has replaced that souvenir spending from my son. It was the only souvenir he liked and he now gets nothing at Disney (except maybe a Nintendo souvenir from EPCOT Japan but that's not Disney's store anyway and he knows Amazon is way cheaper).

But as soon as they stopped trading, I stopped buying. My kids were not in the mood to take a chance on a blind box with no recourse for trying to get something they like better. So while they may not have seen the trading as driving more sales, it was the only thing that drove sales from my family. And nothing has replaced that souvenir spending from my son. It was the only souvenir he liked and he now gets nothing at Disney (except maybe a Nintendo souvenir from EPCOT Japan but that's not Disney's store anyway and he knows Amazon is way cheaper).

That's too bad. Disney seems to be caring less about it's long time fans, supporters and visitors to the Disney Parks; all for a quick buck. I've loved my times at WDW, but feel it's out priced me in all ways (dining, park, and hotel fees) always increasing and souvenirs are getting more expensive. No more Disney for me. I do feel Disney is losing it's magical ways; which is very sad especially for people who hadn't experienced it. Your son is smart, saves lots of money souvenir wise!!!

Things we generally always buy:
-An ornament
-An ears headband
-Coffee Mug

I also seem to buy a Disney Dooney most trips.

We stopped buying as well, since there was no way to trade ones we didn't want, we'd be stuck with them. I wonder if Disney realized that, or even cared/cares.
I completely understand, it was the only souvenir my husband liked and the only thing he was excited about. Even if you spend the money and bought a complete sealed box, what would you do with all the ones you didn't want? I guess you could always sell them on eBay, but that would be a hassle.

That's too bad. I'm probably going to get flak for saying this, but I feel like Star Wars is becoming quickly overrated already as far as Disney goes. There's always some rotten apples that ruin it for the bunch (in regards to the measuring).

I have a Mickey NYC vinylmation and Snow White and Cinderella vinylmation pins. I guess most of that fad past right by me without me noticing!

OMG, I so agree! Honestly, I’m so over Star Wars that I could just puke. I was fine with the first three movies. I was even okay with the next three, but at that point, the story was over. Now that Disney owns it, they are determined to milk it for every penny. Honestly, I’ve got a 10 year old boy and he really doesn’t care about Star Wars. I feel,like it’s the adults who are reliving their childhood dragging their kids to it that keep it going. Disney, IMO, is ruining what was a good thing.

That's too bad. Disney seems to be caring less about it's long time fans, supporters and visitors to the Disney Parks; all for a quick buck. I've loved my times at WDW, but feel it's out priced me in all ways (dining, park, and hotel fees) always increasing and souvenirs are getting more expensive. No more Disney for me. I do feel Disney is losing it's magical ways; which is very sad especially for people who hadn't experienced it. Your son is smart, saves lots of money souvenir wise!!!

Our Disney days are waning. The kids are getting older, and the magic is getting less. I so want it to continue, but it's getting harder.

And yes, he's a very smart shopper who would never be accused of being an impulse shopper.

We went in January without the kids. We went to the glass engravers in Germany and bought them each a mug. Even my 18 year old foster son loved it - they use them all the time. I just wish they still had the options for characters that are engraved, not just put on the glass. On the website you can still buy those kind, but the ones we bought aren't dishwasher safe because the character will come off.

I resist pretty well until we get home. I use a favorite family photo (like with train station or castle in background) to make a photo Christmas ornament on Shutterfly. I have one hanging on a kitchen cabinet pull. Reminds me of the fun we had.

I typically buy a wine glass each time we go. I need to find something new now because i have more than i can dream of using. LOL! I love this thread though! I am getting new ideas!

2016 trip, I got an Ariel pin. I spent $10 and next thing I knew it was gone :( never buying a pin again. I got Minnie ears and an autograph book, which I will reuse and only purchase another if I run out of room. I got 2 pandora charms, 3 alex and ani bangles, a beach towel, an oven mitt, a cook book, a crew neck.

I will try to make it a point to purchase at least one photo taken by a photo pass CM if one turns out well. Wasn't overly impressed with any of the ones taken of us last time, so hoping we get at least one good shot in front of the castle.

I have a couple pandora charms on my radar. I may skip the alex and ani bangles since they rust and are over priced. They're pretty but they don't hold up well since they are costume jewelry.

Each trip, I buy:
A Christmas ornament for the family (these stay with me)
A Christmas ornament for each kid (they'll take their ornaments when they move out)

Right now, I plan to add to my Starbucks "you are here" collection on the next trip. I don't know that I'll buy all the ones from the parks that I don't have - have to leave something, right? I rarely buy things for myself, and I usually go in knowing exactly what I want. If I see something that I absolutely must have, I'll get it, but in all my trips, I haven't really seen much. Same for my husband. If he finds something he really wants, he will get it, but there's usually not anything we find worth it.

My favorite thing though, is photos. When we return home, I make a Shutterfly photo book of our trip. One for each kid, one for the family to keep. I usually have a code or wait for a sale, so they're not expensive. But these are hands down my kids' favorite thing we "bring home" from Disney. I just budget them as if they are a regular souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter