favorite budget household items

I buy our paper towels, toilet paper, and dishwasher pods from Costco (all Kirkland brand). It is the best price and I love buying in bulk and making less trips. I also use Ecos Laundry detergent and stock up on it when they go on sale at Costco. 3 Costco size Ecos last me about 6 months. Costco also has 5 packs of Clorox wipes that often go on sale. We keep a canister of these in every bathroom. While not the most economical cleaning supply, it makes daily cleaning so easy. And with a 4 year old boy, I clean the bathroom multiple times a day!

I have to agree on the Clorox Wipes--are the economical? Not really. But, my kids will use them. My DS11 actually LOVES to clean generally, and especially loves them. Anything that helps me to do less of the cleaning, and the kids to do more, is worth its weight in gold! I would put Kaboom! foam cleanser in the same category. DS11 loves this stuff--he actually helped clean his older brother's bathroom with it. Now I just need something that magically cleans the litterboxes...

We buy bulk items from BJ's warehouse, and they have coupons plus you can use regular coupons as well for a bit more savings.
Here's what my upcoming shopping trip list looks like,

Toilet paper - Charmin its just what we prefer.
Paper towel - bounty basic or there brand depending on the coupons
Coke, Diet Coke, Ginger ale
Bottle water - normally 2 cases
Dawn - this will last me around 6 to 8 months
Dish washer tabs... depends on which one has the coupon this trip - Normally Finish or cascade.. I tried there brand it was a waste of money...
Tide
Baby bells, cheese sticks, butter ( land o lakes or Kerry)Kraft singles cheese, baby back ribs, dip
Hand soap ( 4pack) body wash ( dove sensitive skin 3pack) Deodorant - for DH and I - Dial soap bars for DH - Maybe shaving cream and razors depending on coupons
Above are the must haves... we will check out all the other stuff... I normally spend around 300+ but it last for months...

I shop at Aldi for breakfast bars, protein bars, nuts, dried fruit, and a few other items.... I only go like every 2 to 3 months... and normally only spend about 30 to 40 dollars

Farmers markets - every 2 weeks for produce...

Dollar store of cleaning items.

Publix for the rest of our stuff... their bogo's with coupons can't be beat...

I only go to Wal-Mart if forced... coupons in hand and list... in and out... and as a treat I get myself a caramel ice coffee from dunkin donuts..

I buy our paper towels, toilet paper, and dishwasher pods from Costco (all Kirkland brand). It is the best price and I love buying in bulk and making less trips. I also use Ecos Laundry detergent and stock up on it when they go on sale at Costco. 3 Costco size Ecos last me about 6 months. Costco also has 5 packs of Clorox wipes that often go on sale. We keep a canister of these in every bathroom. While not the most economical cleaning supply, it makes daily cleaning so easy. And with a 4 year old boy, I clean the bathroom multiple times a day!
How often do you find Ecos at your Costco? I got it there once, but have looked ever since with no luck. Its the only thing that doesn't irritate my DD's eczema, and its super expensive!

How often do you find Ecos at your Costco? I got it there once, but have looked ever since with no luck. Its the only thing that doesn't irritate my DD's eczema, and its super expensive!

Our Costco (Portland, Or) always has Ecos when I have looked for it. I have only gotten it on sale twice. Last time it went on sale for $12.99 for 210 oz so I stocked up. I have learned the hard way at Costco that if you really want something, buy A LOT of it. Who knows if it will be there next time.

DS8 has eczema and I think I have tried every laundry and bath soap imaginable. I finally landed on Ecos because it didn't seem to irritate his skin and I feel it does a good job cleaning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter