Favorite Bars for Solo Dining?

Curious if you took your trip and what you preferred. I’m taking my first solo trip in February and have many of these on my short list for dinners sitting the bar.
I did. Of course as they always tend to do many of my plans changed while I was there. I ended up at a mix of new and old favorites.

Rosa Mexicano. Loved it. The Bar is beautiful and the Bartenders were engaging and friendly. Had the Birria Tacos and Blood Orange Margarita which is served to you smoking. Cool presentation. Very good complimentary chips and salsa too.

Jock Lindsey's . An old standby. I got stuck in a downpour and ducked into the Bar at T-Rex to get out of the rain. It was so loud I ended up only drinking about half of my Jai Lai and ran through the rain to Jock's. I was soaked but happy when I got there. Again, great bartenders and atmosphere. Had the Cool Headed Monkey and the St. Augustine Datil Pepper Wings. They may have the best wings on Disney Property. Huge and meaty.

Gurgling Suitcase. I was staying at Old Key West the first three nights of my trip and wanted to check it out. Got there about 9pm and found a seat at the very small bar. You will not feel alone here as everyone seems to know each other and they immediately adopt you into their group of friends. I ended up meeting a couple who lived a few towns away from where I grew up. Can't hide that Boston accent! The Bartender recommended the Turtle Crawl and I ended up having two. I also ordered the Key Lime Tart that's served at Olivia's and had that at the bar.

Wine Bar George. I was there for their Wine Tasting event which I highly recommend. Loved everything about it. After the tasting I sat at the Bar and ordered the Saganaki on Fire. It's "almost" a must have for me on each trip.

Baseline Taphouse. Got there just before opening at 11 so that I could get one of the very popular inside window seats. I ordered the Stone IPA but skipped food as I had a Breakfast Ronto Wrap an hour earlier. This is a great place to chill for a little bit.

Bar Riva. I took the Skyliner from Hollywood Studios and had lunch here. Had a Jai Lai and a surprisingly tasty Tuna Nicoise Salad that comes from next door at Primo Piatto. I think it's a great value that you can order food from a Quick Serve that they will serve to you at Bar Riva on a real plate with real silverware. Dare I say it's a Table Service Restaurant with Quick Service pricing? Not many things are good values at Disney but this is one of them in my opinion.

California Grill. I was staying at the Grand Floridian for the last night of my trip and did a Monorail Crawl. I asked the Host at the CG if there was any bar seating available and they took my number and said they'd text me when there was. It wasn't a long wait. As I was walking away and heading downstairs to Steakhouse 71 I got my text. Service was excellent as always and I love that you can order anything off of the menu without having to do the Prix Fixe option. I had the Spicy Kazan Roll and a few glasses of wine.

Steakhouse 71. I only had a Jai Lai here but if you wish you can order anything off of the Restaurant Menu.

Tambu Lounge. One of my favorites. I sat with three woman from Maine who were on a girls trip and had a blast. I had the Backscratcher and some Potstickers from Ohana and left there happy.

It was a great trip minus a bit of rain. I really enjoy the trips with my family but there's something to be said for Solo Trips. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter