"FAT" Pens

knoxt

It Whispers... So Listen
Does anyone have a picture of one of these pens?
Are they retractable or do they have a cap on them?
And how "FAT" do they have to be, so the characters can grab onto them?
Are there any pens that attach onto the autograph book, so you won't lose it?

Just curious, I was trying to gather some items together for our upcoming trip!!!

We used a Sharpie Permanent Marker, the big one and it worked fine. It has a removable cap and we just made sure to always take the cap off for the characters.

The "Fat" pens I use are Sharpies, but they sell wide ones at most office supply stores that work really well, and also work with autograph books, hats, t-shirts, etc. so you only have to carry 1 pen!!! They are twice as wide as a regular Sharpie and the characters find them easy to use. You might want to attach it to your autograph book with some string so it doesn't get lost!!!! :teeth:

I don't have a picture of the pen but it is about the same size as a sharpie marker, but it is a ball point pen and is retractable. We got the Mickey one and it has the signiture ears as the part that you push to retract the pen. They are about $2.50 at any shop in Disney. It makes a nice little souvenir and if it stops writing, any shop there will replace it for free.

"I don't have a picture of the pen but it is about the same size as a sharpie marker, but it is a ball point pen and is retractable. We got the Mickey one and it has the signiture ears as the part that you push to retract the pen. They are about $2.50 at any shop in Disney. It makes a nice little souvenir and if it stops writing, any shop there will replace it for free."

I bought our last year and yes any shop will replace it for free. Ours stopped working while Belle was signing and she mentioned this to us. Sure enough, we had our pen replaced. I actually really like the pen. It ended up being a great souvenir, I use it every day at work. As I have always had a problem with pens disappearing, for some reason no one has even tried with this one ;)

I can confirm they replace the pens. The first few we got last year kept running out of ink or breaking and we traded them in several times before we got 1 that worked. I had no idea they would trade them. I thought that was pretty cool, but after all, this is Disney!!:sunny:

this is the one I got. Nice and fat, and only $1.67 at Walmart.

XXL11_Be_pen0.jpg

and the disney ones look like this:

fatpen.jpg

In preparation for our trip 3/31-4/3 I just bought at office depot. a fourpack of pens. They are Bic permanent markers (similar to sharpies) 3.50 They are HUGE around (no problem for Mickey). come in black, red, green and blue in one pack with a "4x4 grip" (textured rubber around the grip). I plan on having a white bucket hat from target (2.99) and have the characters sign her hat with the markers for an extra special souvenier. I even have a white baseball hat of mine that might just end up "accidentally" being signed for me in addition. lol Wish me luck.:Pinkbounc

If you want to get a fat pen for autographs, I think the ones at Wal*Mart that oogieboogie mentioned are the best idea. I've tried the ones Disney sells a few times and they never last more than a few days for me. They're very cheeply made and break easily even though they're at least twice as much as the ones at Wal*Mart. Last time, my Disney pen didn't even last 4 hours in the parks before it ran out of ink!

Just keep in mind, if the pen is too fat or too long it will make it even more difficult to write with. They can manage fine with sharpies or the pen from Wal-Mart that was mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter