"FASTPASS Forgiveness" Ending

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I guess this is the biggest "they said it would never happen" moment since "The Eagles" got back together!LOL:)

I guess this is the biggest "they said it would never happen" moment since "The Eagles" got back together!LOL:)

Anyone want to wager how many more of these threads will pop up between now and when the change is "supposed" to take effect? I'm betting 10 more. Place your bets.

10 per day.

That I create.

:rotfl2:
what a hoot you are Josh!!

lets all just swamp Disney with emails and snail mails giving them the cease and dissest orders - or not ;)
(the above opinion was meant to start trouble, do not take the bait.. :love:)

Well, you know, if they didnt think at some point they would enforce it, they would have just had the tickets say "return the same park day after x:xx" instead of please return between x:xx and y:yy......

Well I'll say it :"Thanks Disboards" Once people started talking about it here as a "strategy" to get over others I knew it wouldn't be to long before Disney took action.

Well, you know, if they didnt think at some point they would enforce it, they would have just had the tickets say "return the same park day after x:xx" instead of please return between x:xx and y:yy......
The reason that the range is given is that it tends to direct the bulk of the fastpassers back to the ride during that range. This allows them to manage their lines better. The relatively few people who return later in the day are simply not enough people to throw a wrench in these plans.

Well I'll say it :"Thanks Disboards" Once people started talking about it here as a "strategy" to get over others I knew it wouldn't be to long before Disney took action.

We have been talking about FP strategy since shortly after it came out here on the DIS it's not a new one and I'd consider 10+ years a long time for Disney to finally take action based on the strategies discussed here.

Disney had no reason to change anything for ten years because the system was fine and for the most part your right not nearly as many people took advantage of it as everyone thinks. The issue now is they want to sell a FP via the upcoming x-pass program for additional money or intially offer it only to Deluxe Resort guests along with preferred seating at parades and some other features. For people to stay deluxe or pay for the service they have to perceive value in what they are paying for. If any park goer can be there at rope drop, ride rides and accumulate FP's to use late in the day then they are getting for free something that others are paying for. By enforcing the return times on FP's Disney is effectively devaluing the normal FP and giving value to the x-pass.

I see the whole move as merely a way to justify the money people would pay for the x-pass by making sure normal FP's are not as valuble.

I understand why they are going to do it.

With the 100000 threads, keep in mind that not everyone is here everyday, and those 8000 page long threads are too long to read :lmao:

I try not to respond to threads I haven't read all the way through, so those threads are out for me :rotfl:

If the link in the big thread is acurate then it is due to start March 7, 2012.

When will the Xpass be available? Will people who are renting DVC points at the deluxe villas be eligible for the Xpass?

When will the Xpass be available? Will people who are renting DVC points at the deluxe villas be eligible for the Xpass?

There are no details as to who is eligible, but there is no reason to believe DVC renters would be excluded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter