Fast Pass Attractions

mimichan

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me where I can find a current listing of all the attractions in both Disneyland and DCA that allow you to get a Fast Pass? I've seen several different listings but I'm not sure how current these are. I know some of the attractions had Fast Pass only during the holiday season.

My AAA book lists 14 attractions for fast pass but i don't know if that is accurate. i have seen other posts and they say only a few rides are available.

I don't know why disneyland has so few fast pass rides compared to disneyworld. i don't wait more than 20 min. for a ride even at peak season at disneyworld, i don't know how i'm going to make out for my 1st trip to disneyland this summer.

i did get the AAA package that lets me get fast passes for each ride without a waiting period, but it seems there will only be a few rides to fast pass.

Consider making use of RideMax (www.ridemax.com). 2nd best $20 (or so) I've spent (best $20 is TourGuideMike for WDW).

You provide it a list of rides you wish to ride, it determines wait times, and develops a plan of attack. If you don't mind having your visit scheduled down to the minute, this is a great tool. There are breaks scheduled into the mix (and I think you can schedule more breaks), so don't think it's a constant run from one ride to the next. It also tells you when to go pick up your FastPasses, and when to use them.

The only major beef I have with RideMax is that it's a piece of software that lives on your computer (TourGuideMike is totally web-based, and you can access your plan scored there from anywhere). If you don't bring your computer along on the trip, or you can't find an internet hookup, you're out of luck. Fortunately, I had saved a couple of plans before we left, so we at least had something to work with.

On day one of our 3Day Hopper (which was mainly a non-ride, see shows, meet characters day), we ended up riding a couple of rides on the list, so that put additional "free time" into our plan (DL on day two, and CA on day three of the Hopper). We simply inserted a couple of other rides, and things worked out well.

One caveat, we had my mother-in-law along on the trip, and she needed a wheelchair/scooter to help with her bad knees. This served as a Faster-than-FastPass, and so our wait times were near-zero. Perhaps you can sprain your ankle before you leave, and then get a wheelchair. ;) Even with this "special pass", I still feel RideMax lived up to expectations. At the very least it provided a plan of attack, instead of wandering around the park aimlessly.

This is from this weekend's times guide--can't get more current:

DL:
Autopia
Big Thunder Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Indiana Jones
Roger Rabbit
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain

DCA:
CA Screamin'
Grizzly River Run
Muholland Madness
Soarin' Over CA
Tower of Terror

These are for the weekend. If you go on a weekeday, which is less crowded, you may find the FP machines closed at BTM or some of the DCA rides.

Thanks for the current listing! What about Star Tours? Is that not a Fast Pass Ride anymore?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter