Fashion help - best accessories to wear with a ponytail?

AimeeAurora

Earning My Ears
Yes, I'm almost 40 and wear strictly ponytails. It's hot as hell down there. So what can I wear that will still stand out with my ponytail?

I'm almost 50 and am totally guilty of doing this quite frequently! If you're looking to "mix it up" a bit, check on Amazon for something called a stretchy hair comb. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like you can do various things with it to give your hair a different look. I also have a "bun scrunchie" that I like to use to make it look like I did more than stick it in a ponytail.

I'll add a nice headband to my ponytail, especially since my hair is layered so it will hold everything off of my face. I have to make sure the headband is not too snug on my larger-than-average head.

I like ponytail cuffs. They add some decoration but are more grownup looking than a scrunchie or bow. I have some in different metal finishes and wood. I used to have one in leather that was really nice. The attached elastics aren’t always very good so I use my own elastic for the ponytail and add the cuff’s elastic on top. Amazon has a lot when you search ponytail cuff.

Loads of sellers on Etsy have Disney ponytail bands / bows. Wore a few when I was away and didn’t care what anyone thought as I’ve long hair and it was 33c.

Well I'm 57 and I still wear ponytails! My hair is fine and can be very annoying so I've learned about a dozen ways to easily put it up.

A ponytail with a ribbon (no bow), especially one that says "Fendi" or "Chanel" on it. Who's gonna think that's childish?:snooty: :goodvibes

A baseball-type cap that has the adjustable band in the back. Ponytail sticks out above the band.

A French twist. It's easier than it looks and is very nice for when you have an ADR and can't get back to fix your hair, or don't have time, or it's too darn hot to even think about it! 5 bobby pins and I'm good to go. I also use a claw-type clip that takes even less time and is very secure.

A low ponytail using a pretty hair clip or large barrette. It's a more mature look than a regular ponytail but accomplishes the same thing, and you can wear a hat, too. Really a good look if your hair might not be quite long enough to put into a ponytail, but long enough to be annoying.

Last edited:

These aren't Disney-specific, just pretty. Look up the flexi clips from Lilla Rose. (I don't know if I'm allowed to link it, so I won't.) Every one comes in different sizes, so they're the only clips that stay in my fine hair. I've heard the same praise from people with very thick hair who have trouble finding accessories that work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter