Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

Thanks for providing this info! My TDR trip ends May 29, so I had no idea they had changed it after FS opens. That's too bad, but I also understand why they would do it.
I understand it too but it adds so much stress for myself for when it's my time to book the vacation packages. I'll be trying for Miracosta since I don't think I'll be able to get the new hotel.

I understand it too but it adds so much stress for myself for when it's my time to book the vacation packages. I'll be trying for Miracosta since I don't think I'll be able to get the new hotel.
That was my thinking, so I have and will only book Miracosta. Got the packages but have to book individual hotel nights next weekend.

I am loving how easy it is to modify bookings as room availability changes. I've picked up a few Toy Story nights, and am hoping that the 1-night Fantasy Springs package opens up for June 5th at Toy Story as it is over 20k yen/night cheaper than DLH.

Without happy entry for DS, I'm having trouble justifying DLH. The rates at Hilton Tokyo Bay are so high for that week in June, they are just as much as Toy Story.

Edit: Well, I spoke it into existence! I was able to get a 1-day FS package in the cheapest Toy Story room for June 5th! For one person, it was 117k yen, about 31.5k yen cheaper than staying in DLH ($211). I was also able to grab the 3 nights surrounding it in the same room category at TS. Refresh constantly, rooms are always popping in and out of inventory. And now I can rest!

Last edited:
I am loving how easy it is to modify bookings as room availability changes. I've picked up a few Toy Story nights, and am hoping that the 1-night Fantasy Springs package opens up for June 5th at Toy Story as it is over 20k yen/night cheaper than DLH.

Without happy entry for DS, I'm having trouble justifying DLH. The rates at Hilton Tokyo Bay are so high for that week in June, they are just as much as Toy Story.

Edit: Well, I spoke it into existence! I was able to get a 1-day FS package in the cheapest Toy Story room for June 5th! For one person, it was 117k yen, about 31.5k yen cheaper than staying in DLH ($211). I was also able to grab the 3 nights surrounding it in the same room category at TS. Refresh constantly, rooms are always popping in and out of inventory. And now I can rest!
Are you able to get the FS package for just one person? When I looked at vacation packages in the past it was a minimum of two people.

Are you able to get the FS package for just one person? When I looked at vacation packages in the past it was a minimum of two people.
Yes!! It is exclusive to the FS package! I believe it is for June 5th to July 31st only. I tried June 4th for 2 nights, which is ineligible for the FS package and requires two people. I am very happy they are offering the package for 1 as I assume it is much cheaper, though I did not try doing it for 2 to confirm.

Yes!! It is exclusive to the FS package! I believe it is for June 5th to July 31st only. I tried June 4th for 2 nights, which is ineligible for the FS package and requires two people. I am very happy they are offering the package for 1 as I assume it is much cheaper, though I did not try doing it for 2 to confirm.

It's not exclusive to the Fantasy Springs Package. All vacation packages booked on the English site with a check in date of June 5th or later will have a minimum of only one adult. Packages with a check in date before that have the 2 person minimum when booked through the English site.

It is possible to book vacation packages for one adult with a check in date earlier than June 5th through the Japanese site.

It's not exclusive to the Fantasy Springs Package. All vacation packages booked on the English site with a check in date of June 5th or later will have a minimum of only one adult. Packages with a check in date before that have the 2 person minimum when booked through the English site.

It is possible to book vacation packages for one adult with a check in date earlier than June 5th through the Japanese site.
Any idea if that's an ongoing thing or just through July? I'm hoping packages won't be needed a year from now, but I'm saving my pennies and planning for all possibilities.

I assume I can't book through the Japanese site, even if I can navigate the language?

Any idea if that's an ongoing thing or just through July? I'm hoping packages won't be needed a year from now, but I'm saving my pennies and planning for all possibilities.

I assume I can't book through the Japanese site, even if I can navigate the language?

The announcement on the news page suggests that the one person minimum is a permanent change to vacation packages.

Booking on the Japanese site requires a Japanese Disney account with Japanese residential address and Japanese phone number. They will mail out the vacation package materials to the address on file.

Hi all! A few questions:

• Where can I see when package dates release? I am going to be in Tokyo from 9/23 - 10/7.
  • I am test booking a package right now for June (going through the process before actually paying)- when going through the booking process, do I have to select all of the experiences before paying? The loading times are very long - I'm going to be nervous that it will sell out as I'm selecting.

Hi all! A few questions:

• Where can I see when package dates release? I am going to be in Tokyo from 9/23 - 10/7.
  • I am test booking a package right now for June (going through the process before actually paying)- when going through the booking process, do I have to select all of the experiences before paying? The loading times are very long - I'm going to be nervous that it will sell out as I'm selecting.
The TDR reservation site has updates at the bottom for package and hotel release dates and times. However, packages usually release 4-5 months out, and then hotel room only at 4 months.

You do have to pick attractions, times, and breakfast time before paying. You can modify them afterwards from your “Travel Case” on the website. It will charge you again though and then refund the original charge.

The site is really slow lately, because hotel room only reservations have been releasing for June, including the new hotel. I was trying to book mine tonight🙁 It should be better by your trip. Plus, it puts you in a queue if it’s really busy. I got a June package when they did the big release. It seemed to hold what I did. I had a spreadsheet listing everything, so I could just refer to it.

Also, have several credit cards handy. My 3rd one worked for the packages. When it was denied, I got kicked out and had to restart and wait in a queue and re-enter everything🙁 Have a few browsers/devices open just in case. I tried a new card tonight, and it worked without any issues.

I second the advice to have multiple credit cards ready. I had read that the site often preferred AmEx, so I started with that. I tried 2 AmEx cards and neither worked, but my Chase Sapphire Preferred worked fine. I was booking hotel only but had to book a split stay, so I had to book two nts in a row. It appears that once you click through to the room type that it holds that room until you complete your booking process.

I practiced for many nts before my first booking night, but I never went through the full payment booking part. I kind of wished I had because TDR has a generous cancellation policy and it would've been nice to know exactly what I would have to do to actually complete a booking.

I second the advice to have multiple credit cards ready. I had read that the site often preferred AmEx, so I started with that. I tried 2 AmEx cards and neither worked, but my Chase Sapphire Preferred worked fine. I was booking hotel only but had to book a split stay, so I had to book two nts in a row. It appears that once you click through to the room type that it holds that room until you complete your booking process.

I practiced for many nts before my first booking night, but I never went through the full payment booking part. I kind of wished I had because TDR has a generous cancellation policy and it would've been nice to know exactly what I would have to do to actually complete a booking.

It's funny. People kept telling me that Mastercard worked great. I never got my Citibank MC to work. The other no foreign transaction fee card I had at the time when I booked my packages didn't work either. My Chase Disney Visa did, but I had to pay the stupid foreign fee. At that point, I was just happy to get anything, because this is for the 3rd week in June, and I waited over 3 hours in the queue to book. When I booked the hotel last night, my new Chase Sapphire worked. So weird and random. I have also heard people say that a card that worked one day, didn't work the next :confused3

It's funny. People kept telling me that Mastercard worked great. I never got my Citibank MC to work. The other no foreign transaction fee card I had at the time when I booked my packages didn't work either. My Chase Disney Visa did, but I had to pay the stupid foreign fee. At that point, I was just happy to get anything, because this is for the 3rd week in June, and I waited over 3 hours in the queue to book. When I booked the hotel last night, my new Chase Sapphire worked. So weird and random. I have also heard people say that a card that worked one day, didn't work the next :confused3
Did you get a text from Citi asking if you attempted the purchase? It asked me to reply 1 for yes and 2 for no, my Citi MasterCard did not work until I did that. Once I replied yes I got a message back "Free Msg: Thanks. Your purchase was declined. Please retry. Your card is ready to use." It has worked fine ever since, though I do have to fill in the code that they text me every time.

Did you get a text from Citi asking if you attempted the purchase? It asked me to reply 1 for yes and 2 for no, my Citi MasterCard did not work until I did that. Once I replied yes I got a message back "Free Msg: Thanks. Your purchase was declined. Please retry. Your card is ready to use." It has worked fine ever since, though I do have to fill in the code that they text me every time.
I got a text and email and responded yes to both. It still never worked on my 2nd attempt. I had to call them the next day and wait on hold, because they froze the card🙁 It was very frustrating. I had previously used it on 2 hotels in Japan without any issues. Responded to texts both times, and retried. The TDR site kicked me out after I tried to use the card a 2nd time. I had to wait more in the queue. I was not willing to risk it again. Those packages sold out, but I got mine.

Japanese sites are like this. I had issues with several Chase Visa cards before the pandemic but this year, another one of my Chase Visa cards worked. For reference, I've had issues with Mastercards, American Express cards and JCB cards issued in both the US and Hong Kong.

And it's definitely not an issue with the bank. Hong Kong Disneyland also has issues with credit card processing, especially when they release new merchandise but usually, their entire credit card infrastructure crashes and is back up in several hours. For Tokyo, it seems to be certain cards for periods of months.

Hi, all. Is it likely that August package release will be March 1? Thanks!
No way to know. The TDR reservation page has updates at the bottom. They usually give at least a week notice if not more. Keep checking that.

I'm having trouble discerning the difference between the "attractions" package and the "attractions and more" package. Is the "more" just dinner?

I'm having trouble discerning the difference between the "attractions" package and the "attractions and more" package. Is the "more" just dinner?

Attractions is 3 attraction tickets per day.
Attractions and more is 2 attraction tickets per day and 1 greeting ticket at Tokyo Disneyland (Meet Mickey or Minnie's Style Studio).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter