Fantasy Aquaduck - rider question...

MichelleCanada

DIS Veteran
My son is 51 inches tall and 7 years old. I know that he cannot ride the Aquaduck by himself (have to be 54 inches tall) but can he ride with another 7 year old?

This will be our first cruise on the Fantasy

My son is 51 inches tall and 7 years old. I know that he cannot ride the Aquaduck by himself (have to be 54 inches tall) but can he ride with another 7 year old?

This will be our first cruise on the Fantasy
I believe so. Rules say UNDER 7 must ride with someone over 14. So someone 7 and over (but less than 54 inches tall) could ride with another 7 and over person.

aquaduck dream 2014 rules closeup.jpg

We were on Dream a few weeks ago (sister ship to Fantasy) and my 7 year old (under 54 inches) rode the Aquaduck with his 10 year old brother (over 54 inches).

However, I believe the rule was "If you are under 7 you must ride with someone 14 or older." So, I think they can ride together!

Hopefully others will chime in as well with their experience/recollection of the posted rules.

I believe so. Rules say UNDER 7 must ride with someone over 14. So someone 7 and over (but less than 54 inches tall) could ride with another 7 and over person.

View attachment 338032

We were on Dream a few weeks ago (sister ship to Fantasy) and my 7 year old (under 54 inches) rode the Aquaduck with his 10 year old brother (over 54 inches).

However, I believe the rule was "If you are under 7 you must ride with someone 14 or older." So, I think they can ride together!

Hopefully others will chime in as well with their experience/recollection of the posted rules.

I am hopeful that you are both correct. Thank you for the picture! The rules seem clear and yet somehow vague about the scenario I am trying to figure out.

Shmoo makes me think I should take a WHOLE lot more pix on my next cruise! Silly me, I just get on the ship and start having fun, instead of thinking of how awesome it would be if I had pix of everything to help someone? :o :cutie:

Shmoo makes me think I should take a WHOLE lot more pix on my next cruise! Silly me, I just get on the ship and start having fun, instead of thinking of how awesome it would be if I had pix of everything to help someone? :o :cutie:
Well, as my husband will attest, I take multiple pictures everywhere we go. Digital cameras were a blessing to me, as I don't waste a lot of film now. I can snap away and just toss out the ones that don't show what I want.

Good point about the wind. We were on a cruise where it was too windy and everybody had to double up, regardless. I thought our boat would have never floated!

Generally the issue is too light, less weight means they can get stuck.

Right. I just wanted to emphasize this point. Sometimes lighter people do get stuck. It's not a safety issue, and they fix is pretty quickly, but it does hold up the line a bit. Since you mentioned that they were both young, the main thing is to be aware it happens sometimes and for them to stay calm if they do get stuck.

When we were there there was this one boy (probably more like 10, not 7) who got stuck more than once. Eventually they asked him to ride with someone else in his group to keep from getting stuck.

Also, one thing they do when the wind picks up is switch to double riders only. This happened for entire day at sea when we were there, so if your plans for the aqua-duck include some kids that plan to ride alone, keep in mind that might not be an option all the time, and have a backup plan ready.

Right. I just wanted to emphasize this point. Sometimes lighter people do get stuck. It's not a safety issue, and they fix is pretty quickly, but it does hold up the line a bit. Since you mentioned that they were both young, the main thing is to be aware it happens sometimes and for them to stay calm if they do get stuck.

When we were there there was this one boy (probably more like 10, not 7) who got stuck more than once. Eventually they asked him to ride with someone else in his group to keep from getting stuck.

Also, one thing they do when the wind picks up is switch to double riders only. This happened for entire day at sea when we were there, so if your plans for the aqua-duck include some kids that plan to ride alone, keep in mind that might not be an option all the time, and have a backup plan ready.

This is all very helpful and makes sense! We will assume that we will ride with him and if he finds a friend that is 7 or older we will see what happens.

Generally the issue is too light, less weight means they can get stuck.

I guess it was more of; is he going to be too tall or too big?

Here’s a photo of us next to each other. I’m 5’4” and he’s 6’5”. I just want to be prepared if they’d tell him he can’t go :/

61E93712-CE22-4669-86D5-633C60DCD216.jpeg

I guess it was more of; is he going to be too tall or too big?

Here’s a photo of us next to each other. I’m 5’4” and he’s 6’5”. I just want to be prepared if they’d tell him he can’t go :/

View attachment 338395

You would think with all the other guidelines stated that if there were any height or weight restrictions (maximums) they would be listed as well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter