Fantasmic Thread!

I am familiar with the disneyland of my 1960s and 70s childhood. I know WDW like the back of my hand and I am VERY adept at shortcuts there.i will be solo, so no one to drag along, and I would have one afternoon and evening after arriving the day before to map it all out. But I have never been to DCA. In MY disneyland, the one with the coupon.book without enough E tickets, DCA is a parking lot.
Yes, it’s possible but it won’t be easy. It could be stressful to try. The issue is the crushing crowds that will be around due to the nighttime entertainment and the forced crowd flow. It will take two or three times as long to get out of Disneyland as it normally would.

Fantasmic is at Rivers of America. It ends at 9:27 and fireworks begin at 9:30. If you are doing a dining package, you will want to be next to a rope on either side or the back so that you have easy access to an exit route when Fantasmic is over. If you are next to the rope, you will see the CM take the ropes down a couple minutes before the end of Fantasmic. There are standby people waiting to move into the dining package area to watch fireworks the moment that Fantasmic ends. You should duck out before they rush in. You might even want to mention your plans to a CM to see if they can best advise you when (and how) to leave.

You're going to need to exit via Adventureland. Once you get to Main Street, stay to the far right next to Jolly Holiday. I think they will have the walkway behind the stores open as an exit because Main Street will be full of people watching fireworks. The pathway will take you from behind Refreshment Corner to the firehouse/Walt's apartment. From there, exit the park via the turnstiles on your right. Walk across the plaza to DCA.

Once in DCA, there may still be people leaving from the first WOC show. My suggestion would be to stay on the far right side of Buena Vista Street (probably on the sidewalk) and make the first right as if you are going to Soarin (you'll want to scope this out in advance). Follow the path around Grizzly River Run and it should take you straight to where you need to be to check in for your WOC seating.

I haven't done a WOC dessert package in a while. Does someone know what time the 2nd show is supposed to get in line to choose their table? You may need/want to do that before you go to DL to watch Fantasmic.

Below are a couple of lousy drawings to give you an idea of what path to take. I had to use magic eraser to get rid of the white wait time bubbles so parts of DCA look smudged. Like I said, you'll want to walk the route in DCA during daylight, without crowds, to get your bearings.

1718677285877.png 1718677073745.png

Last edited:
Went on Saturday Night

BB Package Got the Gumbo, the Chicken and Chocolate Tart (also bread...but had to ask for it since they didn't bring it out until we did)

If you can pay it and like the food served at the BB I think its great to do once, the food was great the restaurant as always is always and seats for Fantasmic were amazing.

Saturday was not too busy so when we got there at 8 PM there were a handful of spots near the water, the section did fill up about 30 mins before showtime and you can leave and use the restroom.

Only thing I'd change is the extra gift....its a firefly on a stick, if this was the silver cup you can buy I think it would be a fair item to get for the price.

It seems THAT the F! schedule is variable and ever changing.
ON Monday through Thursday, 8/12 through 8/15 No F! packages!
On Friday through Sunday, 8/18 through 8/18, F packages available.

Now on Monday 8/19 F! packages are available. My advice is if you are looking for F! packages check everyday. There is no pattern to the scheduling..LOL!

Is it possible to make it from Fantasmic dining "seating" for the first show to the WoC second dessert party, if you just want a seat to see WoC, and don't care about time to linger over the "dessert plate" (that LOOKS like it is assembled from my grocery store bakery case -- maybe it's better?)
I was at the parks last night and confirmed that they will have the walkways behind the stores open after Fantasmic (while guests are watching fireworks on Main Street). In the photo below, the red arrow points to the walkway that you will be looking for. The green sign that is circled in blue will light up and indicate to go to the right to exit the park.

1719118974656.png

Here is a close up of the doors they will open to help guests exit the park.

1719119172608.png

I was at the parks last night and confirmed that they will have the walkways behind the stores open after Fantasmic (while guests are watching fireworks on Main Street). In the photo below, the red arrow points to the walkway that you will be looking for. The green sign that is circled in blue will light up and indicate to go to the right to exit the park.

View attachment 870295

Here is a close up of the doors they will open to help guests exit the park.

View attachment 870296
This is super helpful! Thank you!

Saw 2nd show last night…overall, loved it including the misty swamp facial I got due to a light breeze blowing 😂

I know most don’t want to hear it but I miss Jack…BTW, has anyone seen him lately around NOS? I saw the Pirate band (who I really liked) and the pirate lady but no Jack Sparrow. Is he gone? I think Disney would just as soon move on from him and pretend that billion dollar franchise never happened.

But overall,Fantasmic is still the best show they’ve got going so glad it’s back!

BTW just FYI…was in RDZ section, right in front and not quite dead center. It was perfect view!

And for extra pixie dust, a nice CM let us sit up in Cafe Orleans to watch the fireworks prior to my 2nd show.

If anyone is looking for BB dining packages for this coming week, I have a dining alert set, and several came open today. They didn’t disappear immediately. Keep trying! I now have BB dinner packages for 2 for both June 25 and 26, and will be cancelling the 26th if my plane gets in on time on the 25th. PM me if you want to coordinate.

I did the Rancho del Zocalo package on Saturday and I have to say, it was WELL worth the price. (Especially with the Inspire Key discount!) After tax it's like $37 & change with no key, but with my key it was only $32 and change. For an entree with three sides, a piece of cake and a drink, that's almost what you'd pay in a lot of DLR restaurants without getting a spot for Fantasmic included. And the food was good too, IMO.

You do have to sit on the ground if you want near the front, but they were specifically telling anyone with ECVs/wheelchairs/other mobility issues that they could be in the back of the section. (And yes, they came through multiple times to remind everyone that we have to sit during the show, and then we can stand up if you're sticking around for fireworks.) The section is basically center, so the views were great. I would absolutely do this one again. I'm so glad I didn't bother spending a lot more money for Riverbelle Terrace or Blue Bayou. This was just perfect for me.

Pictures are of my meal (the carne asada), the view before the show, and one picture from during the show. (I got better videos if I tilted my phone up a bit so it would leave the fence out, but I don't have any pics showing that.)

Attachments

• IMG_3811.JPG
    IMG_3811.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3916.JPG
    IMG_3916.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3921.JPG
    IMG_3921.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 24
Hey all- taking my mom cross country for her first and likely only Disneyland trip. I’m going a little cross eyed reading up on these Fantasmic dining packages. I know We would like to do one- my mom can’t be on her feet for hours to get a spot early/ stand through the show. I don’t mind spending the money if the food is decent and the view of the show is good. Which packages should I be considering/trying to get? I’m not familiar with the show/viewing areas/restaurants and appreciate you honest opinions! TIA

Hey all- taking my mom cross country for her first and likely only Disneyland trip. I’m going a little cross eyed reading up on these Fantasmic dining packages. I know We would like to do one- my mom can’t be on her feet for hours to get a spot early/ stand through the show. I don’t mind spending the money if the food is decent and the view of the show is good. Which packages should I be considering/trying to get? I’m not familiar with the show/viewing areas/restaurants and appreciate you honest opinions! TIA
The first post in this thread has a link to the Fantasmic dining packages page on the DL website, and a summary of the offerings. People in the reserved areas don't stand during the show (they aren't allowed to). If she has trouble getting up and down, you may want to consider the River Belle Premium package with seating.

Your best bet is to go on website and look at the menus for each restaurant and see what looks more palatable to you and your mom. The views are pretty much the same, just varying angles. Do know that you/she will be sitting on the ground, which is brick. People in our group Saturday night were very upset to learn they had to sit and not stand. You can find old Fantasmic cushions for sale on eBay sometimes…years ago, Blue Bayou gave them to you as part of your dining package. Alas…those days are gone with the wind.

The River Belle Premium package is the only one that lets you sit at a table. You get a table for dinner and remain there for the show. I've done it before and was happy with the view of the show, although it's not quite as good a view as the other packages. You would be sitting for the other three packages, but you're sitting on the ground. Not sure how old your mom is, or if that would work for her. Guests who are unable to sit on the ground are allowed to stand in the back row.

Just a warning, the patio has limited space, so the River Belle Premium reservations sell out in within a couple of minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter