Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

I didn't get to do an F! package on my last visit, but am hoping to do so on 7/11. The F! packages are all sold out, but I'm tracking to see if there might be a cancelation. In the meantime, I have some questions :-)

1. I made a dinner reservation for BB at 7:30pm. What are the odds that we could ask for the F! menu and get a pass for the 9:00 show? Would we finish our dinner in time to make it?

2. Has anyone heard of walk ups being available for the HB grab and go?

3. We are not really into the RBT menu, but would do the Premium version because getting to sit in chairs would be awesome. There is a regular RBT reservation available at 7:50pm. Is there a chance that we could do the Premium experience just by grabbing that regular reservation?

Having said all of that, if we don't get a package, what's is the viewing situation like for the 2nd show? Is it possible to just grab a decent standing spot?

Thanks!

I didn't get to do an F! package on my last visit, but am hoping to do so on 7/11. The F! packages are all sold out, but I'm tracking to see if there might be a cancelation. In the meantime, I have some questions :-)

1. I made a dinner reservation for BB at 7:30pm. What are the odds that we could ask for the F! menu and get a pass for the 9:00 show? Would we finish our dinner in time to make it?

3. We are not really into the RBT menu, but would do the Premium version because getting to sit in chairs would be awesome. There is a regular RBT reservation available at 7:50pm. Is there a chance that we could do the Premium experience just by grabbing that regular reservation?

Having said all of that, if we don't get a package, what's is the viewing situation like for the 2nd show? Is it possible to just grab a decent standing spot?

Thanks!
I’ve been trying for weeks to get a premium dining reservation

I tried every morning of our booking window at the exact right time
I think it happens in seconds because the magnitude of people trying vs how menu tables there actually are (15-20?) pushes the possibility of getting one to the extreme

I don’t think we can opt to upgrade our regular dining to anything other than the regular Fantasmic package, as in I don’t think we’d be able to upgrade to premium, but it’s worth a shot. I think there is better likelihood of asking first thing when they open if they have any spots for the premium vs waiting for when you check in for your your reservation time
I’ll be checking the day before (when people are likely to cancel without penalty), the morning of and I also signed up for alerts from an app

Good luck!

I’ve been trying for weeks to get a premium dining reservation

I tried every morning of our booking window at the exact right time
I think it happens in seconds because the magnitude of people trying vs how menu tables there actually are (15-20?) pushes the possibility of getting one to the extreme

I don’t think we can opt to upgrade our regular dining to anything other than the regular Fantasmic package, as in I don’t think we’d be able to upgrade to premium, but it’s worth a shot. I think there is better likelihood of asking first thing when they open if they have any spots for the premium vs waiting for when you check in for your your reservation time
I’ll be checking the day before (when people are likely to cancel without penalty), the morning of and I also signed up for alerts from an app

Good luck!

I signed up for alerts as well, but I don't think it specifies Premium vs. regular. I will check on that. Thanks!

Thanks!
When we had our premium dining reservation there was a couple that had gotten a last minute spot behind us waiting to check in. I believe they had gotten that by checking at the host stand (not sure what time of day). A 7:50 regular reservation won't help though as they seat the premium package at 7:15 (and people started checking in around 7). Probably best to check with the host stand right when RBT opens and see if they can put you on a wait list in case anyone cancels.

Keep in mind that not all tables are on the railing. That couple who got the last minute spot were seated all the way in the back.

For the 9 pm show your best bet is to try and get HB, RBT, BB packages earlier in the day so you have a better chance of getting the first show. Either sign up for dining alerts or plan to check a lot the day/night before.

Sorry if this has been answered but I don’t have time right now to read all 16 pages.
I have a friend who is vegetarian who is considering the Fantasmic dining package

She is wondering how likely it is that she pay the $50 but ordered off the revisit menu vs the special Fantasmic dinner menu

Has anyone here had any luck or experience with this?

Sorry if this has been answered but I don’t have time right now to read all 16 pages.
I have a friend who is vegetarian who is considering the Fantasmic dining package

She is wondering how likely it is that she pay the $50 but ordered off the revisit menu vs the special Fantasmic dinner menu

Has anyone here had any luck or experience with this?
If you are talking about River Belle Terrace, we had the option to order off the regular menu when se did the dining package on 6/11. However, even the regular menu has very limited vegetarian options. It's a meat-heavy restaurant. I have been told you may request an allergy menu when you are seated, so this will be an option. But again, it looks like you might end up with a $50 salad or tofu.

If you are talking about River Belle Terrace, we had the option to order off the regular menu when se did the dining package on 6/11. However, even the regular menu has very limited vegetarian options. It's a meat-heavy restaurant. I have been told you may request an allergy menu when you are seated, so this will be an option. But again, it looks like you might end up with a $50 salad or tofu.
I shared this with her and she said “I like to think of it as $10 tofu and a $40 reserved spot for the show lol”

If that is her frame of mind I think she will be happy. She can also get a vegetarian starter (another salad) and a dessert, so there you go!
She will have three plant-based entree options at RBT (at least as of now):

Black bean salad with BBQ tofu (regular menu)
BBQ Tofu with roasted veggies (regular menu - this is one of my faves)
Plant-based chili with cornbread (special menu - haven't tried this)

As a vegetarian who sometimes get tired of all the Impossible meat vegetarian dishes, I appreciate that RBT has the tofu option.

Thanks!
1. That is really pushing it on timing. You are assuming you will be seated right away (not a guarantee at all), will be served and eat quickly, and then get through people to the viewing area (a big draw of BB is the ambiance, which you can't enjoy if you are rushing or stressing about finishing on time). I believe in the past when you could make Fantasmic Package by reservation there was a time limit, possibly 6pm? And there have been reports that the second show they don't separate as much by different packages. So if you show up right at showtime you will be sitting behind all the other packages, including RBT and HB.

2. Others would know

3. If you don't have a premium reservation, you won't be able to sit on the patio. They would seat you inside. There are some windows but they won't let you stand at those to watch.

My choice would be to get an earlier BB time and then go to 2nd show.

I'm currently in the Hungry Bear viewing area, at the railings. I was the second party in the pre queue/ queue. I arrived at the line up area at 6.45pm, and there was one family ahead of me. At 7.45 they moved us down to rope area and then at 8pm let us into the viewing area. Hungry Bear section filled up fast. There's about 4 rows of people behind me, it's currently 8.25pm.

I got my food at Hungry Bear at 3pm, was the 3rd person to order, had food and sitting down to eat by 3.15pm.

I got food to go at Docking Bay 7 and had it here in the viewing section.

Blue Bayou area is about 50% full. The walls are still up on Blue Bayou and they didn't get the cushion like in before times. The CM at the line up area said they got the cushion for the CM Blue Bayou Fantasmic preview.

I'm currently in the Hungry Bear viewing area, at the railings. I was the second party in the pre queue/ queue. I arrived at the line up area at 6.45pm, and there was one family ahead of me. At 7.45 they moved us down to rope area and then at 8pm let us into the viewing area. Hungry Bear section filled up fast. There's about 4 rows of people behind me, it's currently 8.25pm.

I got my food at Hungry Bear at 3pm, was the 3rd person to order, had food and sitting down to eat by 3.15pm.

I got food to go at Docking Bay 7 and had it here in the viewing section.

Blue Bayou area is about 50% full. The walls are still up on Blue Bayou and they didn't get the cushion like in before times. The CM at the line up area said they got the cushion for the CM Blue Bayou Fantasmic preview.
I’ve seen recent pictures and video of the inside and the walls are down

I have a new question about the River Belle premium dining. Sorry, so many questions!

Has anyone who has been checking daily on the website for any availability ever actually come across a cancellation and was able to book?

Just wondering if I’m wasting my time….

I have a new question about the River Belle premium dining. Sorry, so many questions!

Has anyone who has been checking daily on the website for any availability ever actually come across a cancellation and was able to book?

Just wondering if I’m wasting my time….
I've been checking multiple times daily too - nada so far. Would love a little hope here! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter