fantasmic dinner package

normmo

DIS Veteran
Hi - does anyone know if they're offering the Fantasmic Dinner Package in September? Also, how soon in advance should you book it? Is it possible to book that day? Can't wait to be back at Disney!!:bounce:

Hi!

You can read more about FDP here...

http://www.wdwig.com/fantdin1.htm

I don't know if they'll be extending it into September, but keep an eye on the boards and you can see when others post information on it.

I booked FDP at the Brown Derby and I think I called for it on the 30-day mark. I thought it was a really great deal... good food and you get reserved seating (even if its slightly to the side). It's nice not having to line up for the show :)

thanks so much for the info! Having the best time planning the trip (I think that's half the fun)!:jester:

Originally posted by normmo
thanks so much for the info! Having the best time planning the trip (I think that's half the fun)!:jester:

Absolutely! I love planning lots of little surprises too :) You'll find lots of great information here! Welcome to DIS :)

Last Nov. we did the FDP at Hollywood & Vine it's a buffet so I think the FDP is like a $1-$2 more per/person, i figured it was worth it, not to stand in line. Food was good too.
Have you done it before?
Oh we booked it the day we were in MGM ( but only H&V was available) and it was also off-season.

Hi - I did do the Fantasmic Dinner Package but it was two years ago and in May. We had dinner at the Brown Derby and loved it and I didn't find the seats bad (better that having to line up and wait, wait, wait). Last time I went with my husband and this time I'm going with a girlfriend who has never been to Disney so I want everything to be great. We're going without husbands or kids and she's left all the planning to me. This board has been fantastic and a big big help in deciding what to do and how to get it done! We're only there for five days so I'm trying to get all the big stuff in without over doing it (tough but I think do-able). We're doing Cirque du Soleil as well - anyone have recommendations for a good restaurant in Dowtown Disney?
Thanks for the welcome to the board!:Pinkbounc

House of Blues is very close to Cirque. I love the food there :) It's a little on the spicy side though... I've also eaten at Cap'n Jacks which is so-so... a typical seafood restaurant. If you go there, expect a long wait unless you show up early or go much later (after 8PM). There are a couple other restaurants in the Downtown Disney area ... Rainforest Cafe, Portobello Yacht Club and Fulton's.

I was looking at the Fulton's Crab House because we love seafood. Not a great review in the Unofficial Guide but I've eaten at other restaurants that didn't get wonderful reviews from them and enjoyed them. I'll definitely be making priority seating arrangements prior to going though. I swear the planning is almost as fun as the actual trip!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter