Fall Must Do's?

BekahBelle

Mouseketeer
My boyfriend and I will be taking a trip to Disney in October and staying at WL. This will be his first trip, my first trip in 6 years, and both our first time staying at WL. What are some fall must do's at Disney? What restaurants should we check out? I am looking for different, special things to do but I want to know what is worth it. For example, is MNSSHP worth the cost or is that money better spent elsewhere? I really want this trip to be special, as it is to celebrate my recovery from anorexia which I will finally be out of treatment for, God willing, in October.

1st - Congrats on your progress, this is AWESOME!

You'll be able to view the Electric Water Pagent from the WL. This is a parade with floats on the water set to music. It's been around since the 70s ( it's a classic ) and a nice way to close out an evening. I'm sure others can talk about a great viewing area as I haven't seen it from WL ( only the Poly beach ).
Make a trip to DS - they have so much more than just shopping now and most days have a few different forms of entertainment. ( the Edison is a fun atmosphere - Bongos has delicious food, although at this point I don't think Disney has announced if it will close now that Gloria Estefan is no longer the owner or if it will operate under a different name once she pulls out )
Take a walk around Boardwalk too if you have a chance - just a fun, romantic atmosphere.

Hey Bekah! October is an amazing time to visit WDW.

Since you're staying at the Wilderness Lodge, I think that you should check out Storybook Dining with Snow White at Artist Point! It seems like the perfect fall restaurant, and it's been pretty widely acclaimed since it opened last year. I also agree with @Wild4Walt that you should check out Disney Springs! Unfortunately, Bongos will close in August, but I recommend Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' or the Boathouse for lunch or dinner.

I personally think that MNSSHP is worth the extra cost, especially if you go on a weekday, as those parties are generally less crowded than the weekend parties, and especially if you love the "lighter" side of Halloween! There's a fun castle show, a parade that I absolutely adore, plenty of free candy to go around, some great character M&Gs, and of course: lower than average wait times for most of the rides! While I always think it's a good idea to watch vlogs or reading blog reviews to decide whether an event is right for you or not, I can pretty safely recommend MNSSHP!

While you're there, you'll also have the chance to enjoy Epcot's Food & Wine Festival, my favorite event at WDW! You can attend seminars, enjoy special food offerings from booths around the park, and enjoy live music during the Eat to the Beat concert series. I definitely don't think you should miss Food & Wine!

If you want this trip to be extra special to celebrate your recovery, there are a few more experiences I'd like to recommend. Dining at the California Grill, especially for Sunday Brunch, is a Signature Dining Experience like no other. It's romantic, intimate, and upscale, with stunning views of the castle. Victoria & Alberts is another dining experience to look into, although I can't speak from experience about it. I would also recommend looking into one of the backstage tours that the Parks offer for an unforgettable and unique experience! I don't know which tours will be offered when you're there, but Keys to the Kingdom is a popular one, and so are several backstage tours in Animal Kingdom.

I hope you have an incredible trip! Congratulations on your progress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter