EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

I asked my rep, and she did say in her last 6 years this was the best shes ever seen, and thinks the next one will be nearly half of what we see now.
I do not think the next offer will be better at all so if anyone is looking to buy I would pull the trigger if you are interesting in RIV or CCV. The fact Disney has restarted a bunch of projects in the parks and has opened ROFR again tells me they are not in desperation mode and that this was just to get the people who were interested in buying before closure to still buy after all of this.

So I have blue card FOMO and Best Deal EVAH FOMO, so it's really hard to wait, but I still think it's what I need to do. There's still too much economic uncertainty for me to tie up so much money right now. Also, I have enough points for right now, given I don't want to travel too much in the pandemic.

But what's REALLY making me want to wait is I want to get points at Disneyland Tower, and basically I'll need to buy those direct if I want to own there. I guess I'll be getting 125 points (and hopefully not more) instead of 100.

I currently have 125 Polynesian and 80 BLT points. I was considering buying 25 BLT points direct now and then the 100 at DLT, but the way they structure their incentives means it might be better to just buy them all as one contract. Also, having all of the blue card minimum number of points on one contract is better for maintaining that status once BLT expires or if I wanted to sell off the 80 point BLT. 25 points isn't really enough on it's own there.

*sits at computer and twitches* ... *checks symptoms on WebMD* .... Diagnosis: Addonitis.

So I have blue card FOMO and Best Deal EVAH FOMO, so it's really hard to wait, but I still think it's what I need to do. There's still too much economic uncertainty for me to tie up so much money right now. Also, I have enough points for right now, given I don't want to travel too much in the pandemic.

But what's REALLY making me want to wait is I want to get points at Disneyland Tower, and basically I'll need to buy those direct if I want to own there. I guess I'll be getting 125 points (and hopefully not more) instead of 100.

I currently have 125 Polynesian and 80 BLT points. I was considering buying 25 BLT points direct now and then the 100 at DLT, but the way they structure their incentives means it might be better to just buy them all as one contract. Also, having all of the blue card minimum number of points on one contract is better for maintaining that status once BLT expires or if I wanted to sell off the 80 point BLT. 25 points isn't really enough on it's own there.

*sits at computer and twitches* ... *checks symptoms on WebMD* .... Diagnosis: Addonitis.
I also want to get disneyland tower but its just going to be so expensive direct. Right now Riv is 160 for 200 points. Would not be surprised if thats 100 dollars per point less than Disneyland tower when they begin selling it.

I also want to get disneyland tower but its just going to be so expensive direct. Right now Riv is 160 for 200 points. Would not be surprised if thats 100 dollars per point less than Disneyland tower when they begin selling it.

That is a consideration for sure.

My resale points are pre-2019, so I'll be able to use them at Disneyland Tower, so I don't HAVE to buy direct there or elsewhere in order to stay there. I do want the home resort advantage there though, especially if demand is anything remotely like VGC.

It was also another reason that i went direct. Id like to make it out to disneyland, and the ability to at least attempt to get a room, and use my points.. means i can just get a flight and park ticket and be done.

here is the fine print, +7 USD per point for 150 point contracts after 16 Sep 2020, consistent with what others have received ...

View attachment 523152
FWIW, This doesn't preclude them from offering a smaller cash incentive as described PLUS a non-cash incentive (e.g. park tickets, APs, bonus points, etc).

I don't think they will but it's not impossible.

FWIW, This doesn't preclude them from offering a smaller cash incentive as described PLUS a non-cash incentive (e.g. park tickets, APs, bonus points, etc).

Right, or going through other limited-time channels like the Disney Visa incentive they had earlier this year. Still, I think this is probably the best price for adding on we'll see

Ya I could see the non-cash incentives if anything is "better". Also someone else said maybe they will do something that is not cost based but emotional based as a draw as well. I could see something like a room visit from Mickey, special tour of the RIV, special table at Topolinos all for your Welcome Home trip.

Something where it honestly costs them very little but it's an experience you can't buy.

Ya I could see the non-cash incentives if anything is "better". Also someone else said maybe they will do something that is not cost based but emotional based as a draw as well. I could see something like a room visit from Mickey, special tour of the RIV, special table at Topolinos all for your Welcome Home trip.

Something where it honestly costs them very little but it's an experience you can't buy.

While it wouldn't really work the way the kitchen is set up, a Topolino's chef's table experience for up to six people with either a round of cocktails or two bottles of wine, and comping it all on Disney would be a great treat. Could easily be a $1000 experience that costs Disney as much as the ingredients/booze, plus it'd become a revenue generator on nights not used.

My guide has suggested buying but not scheduling closing until after September 16 so he can do a switcheroo if "by chance" there is a better/more attractive deal. Just a thought...
That would be nice, but based on the email (and mailer) they sent that doesn't look like it will happen. Unless its a bait and switch.

This is interesting... we dont technically close until november, as we spaced some stuff out... hmmmm
My guide has suggested buying but not scheduling closing until after September 16 so he can do a switcheroo if "by chance" there is a better/more attractive deal. Just a thought...
This is what I think is going to happen. Promotions will drop to lower amounts come Sept 16th. The Minimum wont be raised to 125 until Oct 1st. If they do this I see them coming out with new incentives on October 1st. I wonder if this will happen because I've seen some say Sept 16th and October 1st are interesting dates.

While it wouldn't really work the way the kitchen is set up, a Topolino's chef's table experience for up to six people with either a round of cocktails or two bottles of wine, and comping it all on Disney would be a great treat. Could easily be a $1000 experience that costs Disney as much as the ingredients/booze, plus it'd become a revenue generator on nights not used.

Except I am not saying switch out or give them anything extra just a table. You are taking it to an extreme I am talking about "fake value".

I also got an email promotion yesterday... for New Purchasers:

"Important Offer Information: This offer requires new purchasers to buy a real estate interest of at least 200 Vacation Points in AULANI, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaiʻi, Disney’s Riviera Resort, or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Offer to save an extra $1,400 expires September 16, 2020. Please note, if tour occurs on or after September 10, 2020, offer expires 7 days after tour. All tours must be completed by September 16, 2020. Prices don’t include one-time closing. Offer cannot be combined with other select offers or discounts and may be extended, modified, or withdrawn at any time without notice. Void where prohibited. Additional restrictions and terms may apply. "

"offer" is talking about saving $5,000 dollars.
Not as good of a deal as the existing member discounts.

What's the possibility of seeing better new member discounts in the next 12 months, or is this as good as it's likely going get?

And follow-up question (coming from someone who's waiting on ROFR and likely won't close until after 9/16): Will existing member discounts in the next 12 months be better than the current new member discounts in the next 12 months?

What's the possibility of seeing better new member discounts in the next 12 months, or is this as good as it's likely going get?

And follow-up question (coming from someone who's waiting on ROFR and likely won't close until after 9/16): Will existing member discounts in the next 12 months be better than the current new member discounts in the next 12 months?

It is possible there will be some better offer but it is also risky to bet on. It's likely that Copper Creek will sell out in the next 12 months, and possible DVD will raise the Riviera price. Or they may just raise the price regardless. At that point it's less about the dollar discount and more about the buy-in price, meaning Disney could discount more heavily than now but it'd still be more than what one could pay now.

So it's a gamble on two fronts, that Disney won't raise the price and that Disney will again undercut it's pre-opening prices again. For me it is a lot to gamble, so I'm betting that this is the best *cash* discount we will see.

facebook twitter