Team Registration
$175 between December 13 – February 26, 2012
$190 between February 27 – April 15, 2012
$205 between April 16 – May 5, 2012

Team Registration Plus 1– Day Theme Park Ticket*
$249 between December 13 – February 26, 2012
$269 between February 27 – April 15, 2012
$289 between April 16 – May 5, 2012

The team registration option is available for participants who want to compete together as a two–person team. Teams can register in the Men's, Women's, Co–Ed, and Military divisions at the Expedition Everest Challenge.

*Theme Park Ticket entitles you to one day of admission to Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom® Park or Epcot®. Some activities/events may be separately priced. Ticket types and entitlements are subject to change without notice. Tickets are non–transferable and non–refundable. Parking is not included. Tickets must be picked up at Packet Pick–up. Tickets not picked up will not be refunded or mailed. Theme park tickets must be purchased in advance with registration and are valid only from April 28 to May 12, 2012.

For more information about the Expedition Everest Challenge Post–Race Party and purchase additional tickets, please visit our Party Tickets page.

The hosts are Animal Kingdom Lodge, Carribean Beach, and All Star Sports.

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - $95 per night
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - $132 per night
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - $250 per night

Who's In??

My family and my sister's family will be doing this!!!!!!! :banana:

Any one else?

becky11 and her husband
wakica and her dd stoked coconuts
Has a pretrip report going!:thumbsup2 Great Job!
RkyDeX and her dd
tiki and her sister TOLLfree
hungrygreenhippo
KayleesMomXo and Bf
S'sMom and dd
Disney__Runner and dd
amazingact21 and her dh, mom and sister in law

DD(14 at time of race) and I are in :) We already signed up and our team name is Stoked Coconuts :goodvibes

My first run and DD's first run as well! She does 3k for cross country running in school each year and well I'm sedentary :( Until now that is. Iv'e been running in preperation for this for the last month and I'm my best 5k time on the treadmill is 40min 40sec so I plan to be better by May for sure :)

So excited to do this!!!

I wonder why they don't have the mother/daughter team category this year??? I would think it would warrant a category of it's own considering you will most likely have one middle aged and one older person or one middle aged and one younger/teenish person. I had hoped for this category - not b/c I want to win by all means but I'd like my times to be matched to others in a similar situation - now our times will totally suck next to a team of two strong females that run alot :(

Oh well - we're just in it for the fun anyway but I was happy they had a mother/daughter category in past years and looked forward to that again.

My Dsis and I are registered for our 1st EEC! :yay: We're participating to celebrate my sister's 1 year smoke-free anniversary. Since we're both now smoke-free -I've been quit for over 4 years now and my inspiration was to take a Disney trip without having to stop at every DSA! - our team name is TOLLFree (Two Old Ladies Laughing). :thumbsup2

My crew and I are thinking of doing EEC this year! :cool1: Our flight on the 5th only arrives @ 4pm, that's when packet pick-up ends. Will we be able to pick up our packets later or do we have to switch flights to get there earlier? TIA :goodvibes

I'm in. This will be my fifth year for EEC. If anyone's registered already, would you mind posting the prices for the discounted tickets? I want to do some math to see whether it makes more sense to do the registration with or without the ticket. Thanks!

What are the advantages of staying at a host resort? I'd like to do this, but want to stay at another resort. Could we take transportation to one of those resorts and catch the transportation from there, or do you actually have to be staying at one of them to take it?
Also - if I want to do this with my 11 and 13 year old sons, would the best way to do it be to register as individuals and then just stay together on the run?

DH and I are signed up; this will be our 2nd year running in it. I also have my mom and sister in-law participating. (It'll be both their first ever 5K.)

It was a lot of fun last year, so I'm excited to do it again. :wizard:

What are the advantages of staying at a host resort? I'd like to do this, but want to stay at another resort. Could we take transportation to one of those resorts and catch the transportation from there, or do you actually have to be staying at one of them to take it?
Also - if I want to do this with my 11 and 13 year old sons, would the best way to do it be to register as individuals and then just stay together on the run?

Yes, I beleive the best option is to register as a single runner. The only option I saw for teams is for 2 to a team so there is no option for 3 from what I could see.

The only problem you may encounter on wanting to run together is how they put together each heat. From what I've read people aren't sure how they have been doing it - I would hope that if you register at the same time you'd be in the same heat.

The transportation is really the only benefit that I can think of. They don't actually check to make sure you're staying at the resort, but keep in mind that it's going to take extra travel time for you to get to a host resort, and then from the host resort to packet pickup or the event. So you should weigh how much your time is worth. Even though I'm not a sports person (other than running), I almost always stay at All Star Sports for the convenience. If I were to stay at a non-host resort, I'd probably just take a taxi rather than spend time waiting on Disney transportation. Just my two cents.

Thanks! I'm thinking Taxi is the best way too. I have nothing against those resorts, but we would like to stay in a moderate and CBR is the only one I think without queen size beds - which we really like to have.

I will be turning 40 and while my awesome hubby is at home with the kids, my girl friend and I will be doing it for the 1st time.

We are so excited!! I was able to make reservations at AKL DVC, so that is one less thing on my list.

Does anyone know if they will still pick up if we are staying in DVC?

Now it is time to get training :goodvibes

My crew and I are thinking of doing EEC this year! :cool1: Our flight on the 5th only arrives @ 4pm, that's when packet pick-up ends. Will we be able to pick up our packets later or do we have to switch flights to get there earlier? TIA :goodvibes

You should call someone at Run Disney. It would be terrible to miss out because your flight is delayed....

If it were me, I'd switch flights, but then I have to come all the way from the west coast. :)

Hey,

My best friend and I are thinking of doing this, but can't find anything about it on the ESPN WWOS website... Where do you register?

I just noticed the title of this thread says "Exhibition" instead of "Expedition". I hope I didn't sign up for the wrong race!! :scared1:

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter