Exchanging Alcohol for appetizer

4Spen

I'm always planning my next trip
My husband and I don’t drink much anymore and wondered if we can drink water and exchange the alcoholic drink for an appetizer when using the DDP. I’m assuming not but thought I’d ask. TYIA

I figured that was the case but thought I’d ask. Thank you!

I would suggest looking at the non alcoholic signature drinks. My DS and DSIL do not drink, however they always find a fun drink on the menu to enjoy during appetizers. Those specially drinks are pretty pricey so they will enhance your DDP value, I believe.

Yea there are so many non alcoholic drink specials everywhere you go at TS you wont waste that part of your credit! See what most are not understanding is that the alcohol is just part of the TS credit not a credit itself so you cant substitute it...

You can't exchange your beverage allotment for a food item. You can always get a non-alcoholic beverage.

HI! I am jumping in on this... So, I am looking to do the dining plan for our 2019 trip. My oldest daughter just turned 10, so she will be considered an adult for the dining plan. Which I am not sure if it will be worth the cost.

But to add on to this thread... Does anyone know if certain restaurants have better non-alcoholic speciality drink options than others?

I wouldn't plan ALL my reservations around non-alcholic drinks but maybe one? Or maybe if I am deciding between 2, it might help me decide.

I'm so sad about this. I haven't had alcohol in 30 years and really hate the idea that I'm now buying a stranger a drink. Disney should allow guest to choose a lower priced DDP if they are not drinkers or let us exchange for an appetizer. Even Disney's non alcoholic signature drinks aren't that great of a deal. Dollar for dollar this is really crappy.

I'm so sad about this. I haven't had alcohol in 30 years and really hate the idea that I'm now buying a stranger a drink. Disney should allow guest to choose a lower priced DDP if they are not drinkers or let us exchange for an appetizer. Even Disney's non alcoholic signature drinks aren't that great of a deal. Dollar for dollar this is really crappy.

You are not buying a stranger a drink. The DDP cost was not adjusted to include alcoho, it was adjusted for the yearly increase. I believe alcohol was included in an attempt to entice guests to purchase a plan that was not an economical choice for many.

Not quite sure I understand how you are buying a stranger a drink?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter