EXCELLENT Alamo rate!

sweet_maxime - Yes, it's Alamo...but sorry, I didn't mention that we're trying to get a mini-van. Is $316 still the best price for a mini-van?

I used ID#430710, rate BY, and coupon#AD94...pick up from MCO. The best price that comes up is $316.15...is this the best I can do?

We're going from April 22-May 1...so 10 days.

I was thinking maybe it's b/c we're getting so close to the date, the prices won't go down anymore. :confused3

Please help! :worship:[/QUOTE]

Using your dates and codes, don't know the times, so I just used noon to noon, I got $147.
This is for an SUV.

yep thats the best price for a minivan, but if you choose a standard SUV (Chevrolet TrailBlazer ) the final price for the period is 164.73, not bad if you ask me :)

What a Difference if I rent a mid SUV in Miami Airport or Orlando:

codes used: 430710/by/ad94 for both
Period: 4/19 7am to 5/4 7pm

Orlando: Estimated Total $195.85
Miami: Estimated Total $386.12

sadly, I go to Miami ... :(

Thanks to this thread, I have saved considerable money in booking Alamo - for our late May trip. I am down to $118.50 for a mid-size SUV using both Walmart ID and rate codes, and i have an additional driver free now. We could get the cost down to $100.96 but we would not be able to bypass the counter if using a coupon. Late at night I would prefer to go directly to the aisle. Thanks again for all your help and advice. :thumbsup2 Caroline

It's too bad we have to get a mini-van b/c we have 6 people. But thx for the help! Atleast I know my options now ;)

AllyBri said:
I used ID#430710, rate BY, and coupon#AD94...pick up from MCO. The best price that comes up is $316.15...is this the best I can do?

We're going from April 22-May 1...so 10 days.

I was thinking maybe it's b/c we're getting so close to the date, the prices won't go down anymore. :confused3

Please help! :worship:

Using your dates and codes, don't know the times, so I just used noon to noon, I got $147.
This is for an SUV.[/QUOTE]

Must be the day. We leave on April 23 to May 5, 13 days and now have a lower rate that I originally got (prepaid). I got $221 total for mid-size SUV. Try typing in prepay in the contract code and the coupon code and see if that doesn't drop your rate. Of course, doing prepay, means you have to prepay if you like the rate. That seems to give me the best rate. Also, yesterday I was checking, and using the code and coupon from Mary's site gave me a much lower rate that the walmart code. Go to mousesavers and print the $25 coupon and it will give you a contract number that starts with a 7. In the past that rate was higher, but yesterday it was lower.

I hate to think your rate is so much higher because you are picking up one day before I am. But not surprised, because my daugther is arriving on April 29-May 5, and she has completely different rates than I do, But has a mid-size SUV for $106 for one week (total). Keep trying to crunch those numbers!

I checked your numbers and came up with $159 for a mid-size SUV using "prepay" and D24C ($25 coupon) -- which means you need to pay in advance (we've done this several times).

I also checked you dates using 7011339 code and came up with $169 mid-size SUV, also used D24C ($25 coupon).

Wasn't sure what size car you were looking for, but the mis-size SUV is coming up the cheapest. The next size standard SUV is not much more.

Let us know if you get a better rate. (I just did this this morning (Sunday))

Can anybody suggest coupons or codes for the middle of August for 5 days? I come up with $254. I belong to Costco and BJs. Thanks for any help.

gavvy said:
Has anyone had any luck in useing the walmart code 430710 by and the coupon d42c together?

yes did this last trip and am doing again in few weks.

Fire14,

Was this the Wal-mart code and Entertainment coupon together? I know there is an Alamo coupon with almost the same number as Entertainment. I have a reservation using this combination and am worried that I won't be able to use it. When I put the Entertainment code in, it's a much higher rate than using the Wal-mart code.

n2mm -

The original post about not getting a price lower than $316 was actually made by me. We must get a mivi-van because we have 6 people in our party, so a SUV just won't work. But thanks for trying to help...hope you have an awesome time on your upcoming trip! pixiedust:

IllumiGem said:
n2mm -

The original post about not getting a price lower than $316 was actually made by me. We must get a mivi-van because we have 6 people in our party, so a SUV just won't work. But thanks for trying to help...hope you have an awesome time on your upcoming trip! pixiedust:

THanks, that's too bad. I thought you might be needing a bigger car since there were lower rates for some SUVs. Keep checking, we have a few more days before we leave. You leave one day before me. We leave on Saturday. My trip in February the minivans were on sale and had one for $115 for a week. I guess they don't need to discount them during the spring break season.

I got my rental price under $100 :cool1:

I went to mousesavers and used the new $25 off coupon and my final price is now $89.27 total (down from $102.57, which was a good rate too) for our trip May 4-9. I don't know if an additional driver is free or not now but that's OK. I guess hubby will just have to be my own personal driver :rotfl2:

Thanks a bunch to all :disrocks:

Deanne

I checked to see if rates have gone down and they've actually gone up $100 for my dates! Glad I booked when I did! I'll keep checking, though. Our trip's not till June.

ATAfamily said:
I got my rental price under $100 :cool1:

I went to mousesavers and used the new $25 off coupon and my final price is now $89.27 total (down from $102.57, which was a good rate too) for our trip May 4-9. I don't know if an additional driver is free or not now but that's OK. I guess hubby will just have to be my own personal driver :rotfl2:

Thanks a bunch to all :disrocks:

Deanne

Can you tell me where to find the $25 off coupon and what it is good for?

Thank you!

I had a mid suv for $119 but then i changed the times to a am pickup instead of afternoon and it is $98.85. I figured it would go up but i guess not. Used the $25 ecoupon on the site and walmart code :cool1:

Minnie said:
Can you tell me where to find the $25 off coupon and what it is good for?

Thank you!

Sure Minnie,

I found it at the mousesavers site under rental car info. It was a link directly to Alamo's coupon for $25 off a rental (convertible, minivan or SUV) of at least 3 days with 14 day maximum rental. I printed off the coupon and made my reservation on-line. The contract ID# is 7011339 and coupon code is D24C.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.

Deanne
:wave2:

hi all!! i'm new to alamo (i rented with national last year) i got a rate of $228 for sept30 to oct 8 for a stand suv using walmart by430710 and coup code d24c. is it ok to combine discounts or may there be a better combo to get me a lower rate?? also can i do online check-in to bypass the counter using a coupon and if so, how does it work?? is it like national where you just pick your car and do all the paperwork at the exit booth? one more question (sorry!)--i wasn't asked for a credit card # like with national. do they get that info when you check in online?? thanks!!!!!!! :yay:

If I am using Coupon Code D24C, do I need to have something printed out? If so, can someone provide that link?

THANKS!

can i do online check-in to bypass the counter using a coupon and if so, how does it work??

You can't use the online check in if you are using a coupon. No, it's not like National unless you are a QS member, and even then you have to check in at the booth in the garage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter