Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

So it is based on whatever G+LL you book first?

So in this instance, if they book an MK attraction at 7:00, can they book an HS attraction at 10 or 11?
It's based on which park your FIRST G+LL was booked. If the first G+LL is in MK, they couldn't book their second G+LL until 2hrs after MK opens (11am). That second G+LL can be in MK OR DHS.

If I have a park reservation for HS but plan to park hop to EP what time can I try and book ratatouille?

If I have a park reservation for HS but plan to park hop to EP what time can I try and book ratatouille?

You can book at 7am. You will only be able to book a time of 2pm or later.
This is correct as long as you are staying onsite @jessic2422. If you are staying offsite you will be eligible to book Remy at park opening but there is a high chance by then that all ILL$ will be gone.

Some may appear during the day but there's no guarantee and it may take a lot of refreshing.

Some may appear during the day but there's no guarantee and it may take a lot of refreshing.
Truer words never spoken! I have some friends in Disney right now, staying offsite. Since I'm just working from home, I told them that I would try to book Remy and SDMT for them. It took just under 2hrs to get SDMT and 3hrs to get Remy. I can't imagine people doing that while actually at the park.

Truer words never spoken! I have some friends in Disney right now, staying offsite. Since I'm just working from home, I told them that I would try to book Remy and SDMT for them. It took just under 2hrs to get SDMT and 3hrs to get Remy. I can't imagine people doing that while actually at the park.
I hope they appreciate what a good friend they have! 😁

GENIE+ for ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS

- Guests who have an AP and all guests on their reservation have an AP, will be eligible to purchase G+ after midnight

- Guests who have an AP and other guest on their reservation have regular tickets that have NOT had G+ purchased for length of stay, will be eligible to purchase G+ for all guests after midnight

- When Annual Passholders are attempting to purchase Genie+, they may encounter a glitch IF the other people on their reservation have:
- regular park tickets AND
- those guests purchased Genie+ for length of stay for their tickets

- If this is your situation, you will not be able to purchase Genie+ for your Annual Pass at midnight. The system will not allow the purchase.

- The best option to fix is to call 1-407-939-4357 before 7:00 am and purchase Genie+ for AP(s). This number seems to be dedicated to Genie+ challenges and does not normally have a long wait time. Purchasing before 7:00 am will allow all guests to book Genie+ at 7:00 am.

- A common suggestion for the AP glitch is for guest services to advise guests to uninstall and reinstall the app. This does not fix the problem. Calling the number above should allow G+ to be purchased. Unfortunately it will mean a call each day you wish to add G+. :(

Is this still accurate, in our party part have tickets and part of us annual Pass. I won't buy length of stay genie + for ticket holders if it is.

GENIE+ for ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS

- Guests who have an AP and all guests on their reservation have an AP, will be eligible to purchase G+ after midnight

- Guests who have an AP and other guest on their reservation have regular tickets that have NOT had G+ purchased for length of stay, will be eligible to purchase G+ for all guests after midnight

- When Annual Passholders are attempting to purchase Genie+, they may encounter a glitch IF the other people on their reservation have:
- regular park tickets AND
- those guests purchased Genie+ for length of stay for their tickets

- If this is your situation, you will not be able to purchase Genie+ for your Annual Pass at midnight. The system will not allow the purchase.

- The best option to fix is to call 1-407-939-4357 before 7:00 am and purchase Genie+ for AP(s). This number seems to be dedicated to Genie+ challenges and does not normally have a long wait time. Purchasing before 7:00 am will allow all guests to book Genie+ at 7:00 am.

- A common suggestion for the AP glitch is for guest services to advise guests to uninstall and reinstall the app. This does not fix the problem. Calling the number above should allow G+ to be purchased. Unfortunately it will mean a call each day you wish to add G+. :(

Is this still accurate, in our party part have tickets and part of us annual Pass. I won't buy length of stay genie + for ticket holders if it is.
Yes, it is accurate.

I have a follow-up question to the previous post. I have some friends going to Disney next month, all staying in the same room with 1 day tickets. Two of them have Genie+ already included in their 1 dayt ickets. They bought the tickets back when you were still able to add Genie+ to 1 day tickets. The other 3 people have 1 day tickets without Genie+. They were going to buy it before 7am that day.

Will this be a problem? Will they run into the same problem that AP and regular ticket folks have as mentioned above?

I have a follow-up question to the previous post. I have some friends going to Disney next month, all staying in the same room with 1 day tickets. Two of them have Genie+ already included in their 1 dayt ickets. They bought the tickets back when you were still able to add Genie+ to 1 day tickets. The other 3 people have 1 day tickets without Genie+. They were going to buy it before 7am that day.

Will this be a problem? Will they run into the same problem that AP and regular ticket folks have as mentioned above?
Not that has been reported here. The challenge only happens when there is a combination of tickets with Genie added for length of stay plus AP's.

I would recommend buying G+ for the remaining tickets, early enough in the morning that if you do run into challenges you have time to call the number on page 1.

Reactions: CJK
Is there a third party app that will show me what genie+ times are offered throughout the day? I know I can see tip board but curious what types of times are offered if you are hopping. You can’t enter that info without active tix from what I can tell.

Is there a third party app that will show me what genie+ times are offered throughout the day? I know I can see tip board but curious what types of times are offered if you are hopping. You can’t enter that info without active tix from what I can tell.
You do not need to have a park ticket to see Genie+ times. I don't have any park tickets on my account at all but can see them.

• On main page select, 'View My Day'
  • Select 'Tip Board'
  • It will default to MK but you can click 'Change Park' and go to any other park.

You do not need to have a park ticket to see Genie+ times. I don't have any park tickets on my account at all but can see them.

• On main page select, 'View My Day'
  • Select 'Tip Board'
  • It will default to MK but you can click 'Change Park' and go to any other park.
Thanks-I have read that you can enter that you will be hopping and will get after 2pm times. Without tix I can’t seem to see what those times are: trying to plan dining. Are the hopper times closer to 2 or further out? That’s what I’m trying to figure out.

Thanks-I have read that you can enter that you will be hopping and will get after 2pm times. Without tix I can’t seem to see what those times are: trying to plan dining. Are the hopper times closer to 2 or further out? That’s what I’m trying to figure out.
I don’t know of any way to enter that you’re hopping without having a reservation for a first park. I thought that and a park hopper ticket triggered the later reservation times.

If the times shown at your “hopper park” ride are before 2pm, you will normally be given 2pm if you have reservations at another park (at least in my experience).
There is a slight chance you will be shown a later time if there are a lot of people hopping to that park AND booking the same ride (SDD for example).
Obviously, if the time available on the ride is after 2pm, you will get the same time as anyone else.

I've just spent (literally) HOURS reviewing Genie+ info/scenarios. I'd like to ground truth some of what I'm thinking. We will be in WDW with park hoppers from 6/25 - 6/29. Staying at BWV. 2 adults and 2 teen girls.

6/25 - we will be getting off a cruise, so will not arrive until probably around 11:30ish. I'm thinking at 7am two of us try to book RotR and SDD for later in the evening with the plan to go to EPCOT first and hit up the F&G food for lunch. Over to Studios later that evening and ride as much as we can manage to book. Does that make sense?

The rest of the days are little fuzzier - a few questions that may help me work things out:

1) Do you think we can get a lot done at AK going after 2 when the park closes at 10? Will ILL FoP, but also want to ride: Everest, Dinosaur, Safari, Na'vi River and see Tough to be a Bug. Would like to see Festival of the Lion King if the timing works. Do you think any of those could be a short stand-by if we stay till park close?

2) How early do we need to get to MK to manage some lower stand-by times? I really dislike the crowding at rope drop, but I want to make the most of our time there and I've read you can get a lot done if you start early by alternating LL with stand by. We also are traveling with a teen (not my child) who is hard to get moving in any particular direction early in the am. Hoping that is not too much of a liability.

3) What attractions would you say LL is needed to avoid longer wait times (pretty much anything over 20-30 minutes will be a no go for us - 15 or less would be ideal).

4) Have not seen Harmonious or Enchantment yet. Where do you all recommend viewing from? Fire Cauldron 13 was our go to for Illuminations (may it live forever in my heart) but France/Morocco doesn't sound great for Harmonious. How long is Enchantment? Can we get any more rides in after it is over?

5) Where is the viewing location when you book LL for the MK Parade? Is it worth doing? 6) How messed up is it going to be if I have ADRs? Dining in WDW is just as important as the attractions for us, but I'm reading that it's pretty hard to plan meals with the unknown return times. Suggestions? I can start booking ADRs on Tuesday so that is why I'm trying to plan my park days and book park reservations.

6) Other things you suggest? Things to think about? I used to consider myself a WDW touring expert and now I'm overwhelmed and honestly just sad. This sounds like it's going to be a giant PIA during the trip. I really enjoyed having a well laid out plan in advance and just enjoying my vacation. Thanks!

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter