Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Does anyone know what has been the latest time available to book Tron when Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm?
For example, Can you book as late as 10pm?
The Tip Board is showing 8pm today as the latest time available but I am wondering if 9 and 10pm have already been taken.

If MK is open until 11p, what is the latest available ILL time that you can purchase for Tron? Are there times after 9pm?
We purchased an ILL for Tron from 9PM-10 PM when the park was open until 11. I know there were later times available, but don't recall exactly how late.

There are known drops for certain Disney rides on Genie+. These are specific times when certain popular rides release additional Genie+ times every day. This is discussed over at touring plans in chat and the forums from time to time.

Drops are real and definitely happen at the same time every day for specific rides.
Do you mean finding this info through the lines app and going to chat? I am interested in seeing this info

We got a multiple experience pass last night that says it's valid through today.
We're going to AK and Navi is on the approved list but I wasn't planning to book Genie+ today: will I still be able to use it?

We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge on June 7th and attending the extended evening hours at MK. Due to this we would like to arrive at the park later in the day. If we arrive around 3 or 4 pm is there likely to be much genie plus availability left? I plan on trying to stack: at 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. Will try to get virtual que for Tron at 6:00 pm. The crowd level is now listed as a 6 for that day. What do you think of this plan?

We got a multiple experience pass last night that says it's valid through today.
We're going to AK and Navi is on the approved list but I wasn't planning to book Genie+ today: will I still be able to use it?
Update on this:

We were able to use the Multiple Experience Pass (it was valid for 2 days) without booking G+ yesterday: we didn't have to pre-book a time, we just badged in at the lightning lane entrance and it let us in.

I made sure my kids knew not to badge in on any other rides before that point (because we didn't have G+ for the day, and I didn't want to waste the freebie).

Update on this:

We were able to use the Multiple Experience Pass (it was valid for 2 days) without booking G+ yesterday: we didn't have to pre-book a time, we just badged in at the lightning lane entrance and it let us in.

I made sure my kids knew not to badge in on any other rides before that point (because we didn't have G+ for the day, and I didn't want to waste the freebie).
Thanks for the update! This is really helpful when others ask similar questions. Greatly appreciate you checking back in and sharing your experience.

So glad it all worked out for you!

We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge on June 7th and attending the extended evening hours at MK. Due to this we would like to arrive at the park later in the day. If we arrive around 3 or 4 pm is there likely to be much genie plus availability left? I plan on trying to stack: at 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. Will try to get virtual que for Tron at 6:00 pm. The crowd level is now listed as a 6 for that day. What do you think of this plan?
DH and I didn’t arrive at MK until 4 or later in January, and I was able to stack enough during the day to fill our evening with our favorite rides. We arrived at MK around 4 with JC, BTMRR, PP, and HM already booked, and I added Pirates right after we got in the LL for JC. We started earlier at DHS because we had a Fantasmic dining package lunch, but stacking wasn’t quite as effective because RnR was down, but we were able to ride ST, TSMM, SD, and ToT.

Does anyone know if you can modify a ligtning lane (either Genie+ or ILL) selection while in the return window (before expiration) or if the option to modify is locked once the window hits? Of course this assumes an available selection to modify to. We are trying to have as free flowing vacation as possible with Genie+ so we expect to want to modify some of our selections. We anticipate some may be last minute but have seen conflicting information on when the option to modify ends.

Thanks!

I tried searching through the thread but didn’t see it, when stacking, can you hold 2 LL for the same return time, or overlapping times? This could possibly come into play if modifying. (Not referring to ILL).

I guess I have not been keeping up with all the changes but I am here now and yesterday at MK using genie +…after scanning for HM I tried to immediately make another LL but it wouldn’t allow me to do so…has this changed and on,y allowing you to make new LL after the 2 hr. mark?

Hi! Hope this is okay, I just wanted to double-check people's recent experiences with using ILLs late. I've never taken advantage of this on past Disney trips, and I wanted to know if anyone's done it within the last month or two and it was still fine? I definitely would make sure to use a Tron ILL within the stated timeframe, but it would make planning a little easier if I knew I could tap in late for a Guardians or FOP ILL. Thank you!

I guess I have not been keeping up with all the changes but I am here now and yesterday at MK using genie +…after scanning for HM I tried to immediately make another LL but it wouldn’t allow me to do so…has this changed and on,y allowing you to make new LL after the 2 hr. mark?
Was HM your most-recently-booked Genie+ LL? Tapping in allows you to book another right away only if the ride you tap into is your most-recently-booked one.

I've been reviewing this thread in preparation for our summer trip. The only day I plan to use G+ is HS. I wanted to see if this seemed like a doable plan since we would like to be done around 1. Slinky we would like if it works out but can do without otherwise.
7am-ILL for RotR
7am- G+ for Slinky or TSMM if no early Slinky time.
Ride order at 830 early opening:
RnR
ToT for 3 of us/other 2 go to MF
MMRR
Aliens Saucers
G+-Slinky
G+-TSMM
G+-ST
ILL for RotR whenever it is called

We might go back that night for Fantamic so may try for a later G+ for a ride we were unable to do earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter