Erin and Melvin 7/13/09 WP/ADHall/UK Lower.. A Dream come true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinlovesmelvin

..My dreams are all coming true...
Erin and Melvin 7/13/09 Wedding Pavillion/Atlatic Dancehall/ Dessert Party Lower UK

Ok so finally I am starting this planning journal. Here goes:

Background info:

Erin (me) 23 year old lovesss Disney sooo much!!!!
Melvin 26 year old, also loves Disney!!
We both live in Hoboken, NJ

We started dating January 20, 2004

2004.jpg

Our 1st Valentine's Day February 14th, 2004

Us now.
DSC03206.jpg

How we met

Melvin and I both worked in Shoprite, and I would always say hi to him, never really liked him, until one day I was on my break, with some people at work, and they went back and I was sitting there alone, and I looked over and saw Melvin sitting at the other table alone, and I went over and started talking to him.

After that we would both talk to each other, but that would be it, well I got fed up one day, and just called him over, and said look do you want to go out with me or what lol, he turned around and said sure!

After that I realized that I had to go register for some classes the next morning so I explained to him, that I had to go and do that, and we could hang out after, well his response was, can I come, and we can start our date from there?

I was like ok, so the next morning, he picked me up, and we went to the school so I could register, then we went to eat in mcdonalds, where I didn’t eat anything because I was sooo nervous, and then we went to the movies. From there we hung out back at my house, and then he went home.

The next couple of weeks, we started hanging out a lot, and one night while we were watching tv, he turned to me and said “Will you be my girlfriend?” I said of course yes!! From there were always together at work, and hanging out. So our officially together date is January 20, 2004

Well a few months into our relationship, June of 2004 he was having problems at home with his mother, and stepfather. So I talk to my parents, and they said it was ok for him to move in, so I told Melvin and I he was sooo excited.

From then on, we were always together and happy.

Then July of 2006 we went to Disney world, and we were eating in the Concourse Steakhouse, when Melvin got down on 1 knee and asked me to marry him.
At 1st I didn’t understand why he was on the floor lol, I thought he dropped something hahah. I told him yes, and we were all set and ready to call Disney Fairytale Weddings when we came back.

DSC04869.jpg

After Melvin proposing the 1st time

We called them and got set up with Claudine as our wedding planner, we were planning our dream wedding, but there was only 1 problem, we didn’t have any money saved, everything was going on credit card, and we were constantly fighting all the time.

We both ignoring the obvious, which was we, weren’t financially stable to have a wedding at the time. But I didn’t want to admit it, so I kept planning, planning, spending, spending.

Anyways fast forward a few months later, May 2007 to be exact, Melvin was at work, he texted me with those famous words, “WE need to talk”, to make a long story short, when I went to pick him up, he broke up with me L. I was devastated, crying every night, and Melvin didn’t even wanna talk to me, he explained that we were always fighting, and he couldn’t deal with it.

So for a couple of weeks, we barely talked.

Then a few weeks later we started talking again and hanging out. We even went to Disney together that summer, which was suppose to be the summer, we were getting married. We had a great time,. But Melvin kept insiting we were just friends, and then we were dating, he was confused.

Finally in the end of july 2007, Melvin and I were back to dating. Then in august we were together all the time, and finally in September, Melvin asked me if I wanted to get back together with him. Of course I said yes duh!

So we were finally back together, and Melvin let me know how sorry he was and how much he missed, and how much of an idiot he was J

In December 2007 we went to Disney together, our 1st Disney vacation alone, usually we went with my family, so we were excited.

We were having fun on our trip, and then the one night we went to Cinderella royal table for dinner, and we were eating, and then we received our dessert. I heard a noise so I turned around, and when I looked back again, Melvin had put the ring in the crown in the dessert. It was sooo cute!!!

DSC03851-1.jpg

The Ring
DSC04933.jpg

So now we were engaged and all set to start plannig our wedding!

Coming up, why a Disney wedding.

Hey Erin!!!!!! YAY for you PJ!!!! Can't wait to read more. Your ring is beautiful hun!!!!

Ok everyone sorry i was gone for soo long, here are some new updates!

Why we wanted a Disney Fairytale Wedding?

Well, ever since I was little I have loved Disney, and my dream was to always get married in front of Cinderella’s castle, but since that would never happen lol, just getting married is Disney is enough for me.

So onto the Bridal party

MOH: Karen (my sister)
Bridesmaids: Vicki ( my sister in law)
Bridesmaid: Christina (my friend)

Best Man (Raymond, Melvins brother)
Groomsman Brian (my brother)
Groomsman Jose (my sisters boyfriend)

Flowergirl: Isa (My friends daughter)
Ringbearer- Noah (Melvins nephew)

Here are the Bridesmaids Dresses
7070_m_Crystal20Blue.jpg

And this is the flower girl dress in white of course
knpccfs07fgfem.jpg

Here is the Tiara I will be wearing I have a pic at home, how i want my hair, i will post later on.
DSC00050.jpg

I have the whole Cinderella set.

Here is the necklace
DSC00069.jpg

Bracelet
DSC00070.jpg

And earrings
DSC00095.jpg

Thats all for now, i promise more updates soon:cool1:

Everything looks wonderful- I adore the fg dress! Your tiara and jewelry are beautiful! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans...:goodvibes

Since Erin has not posted recently, I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter