• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT to become “more Disney”

What would you like to see EPCOT become?

• Total voters
It's too bad they only did a cosmetic change. The original ride highlighted safety features like anti-lock brakes. The ride still does those brake runs now without any explanation so that's just...weird. Now, if the cars actually handled differently as the ride suggests they do, or I dunno, maybe had some sort of a competition with another car - like a race, THAT would have been an upgrade. I just feels sortof cheap the way it is now.

I think they are trying to teach about fancy computerized traction control, etc. I think it's more theoretical at this point. I still prefer the new scenery better.

Here is the only issue I have with IP in EPCOT. The fantasy aspect of said IP which EPCOT was not supposed to be based on. No matter which way you slice it GoG is not real life. Just another aspect to look at this discussion.

Here is the only issue I have with IP in EPCOT. The fantasy aspect of said IP which EPCOT was not supposed to be based on. No matter which way you slice it GoG is not real life. Just another aspect to look at this discussion.

Well...Figment. I do understand what you are saying, but I think they can tie the story into something educational too - either about space exploration or maybe even energy usage - liek the Guardians need to find an Earth-based alternative power source for theri ship. I don't know i fthey will do that, but they could. I don't find it too jarring.

The Energy Pavilion always had dinosaurs so it's always been based on fantasy.

/s

Didn’t dinosaurs once walk the earth?
That's what some people want you to believe, just like Disney wants you to believe there is a super hero squirrel saving the galaxy and a teenage girl can control the weather!

(/s means sarcasm, fyi ;)).

That's what some people want you to believe, just like Disney wants you to believe there is a super hero squirrel saving the galaxy and a teenage girl can control the weather!

(/s means sarcasm, fyi ;)).
Haha I learn something new everyday

I LOVED Innoventions when I went to WDW and my cousin and I would spend a lot of time playing the video games there. Now that Innoventions will be gone I can bet they will make it a Guardians Of The Galaxy pavilion as well to go along with the ride where they could have interactive displays on the Guardians Of The Galaxy characters and shows and even a Guardians Of The Galaxy themed restaurant where you can eat favorite foods like Peter Quill's Brownie Ice Cream and Groot's Chicken Tenders and it would be really cool

The use of IP might make sense for TWDC, especially when Star Wars and Marvel can bring in a new type of customer....someone who might not have considered a WDW vacation in the past. But, IMO, using non-Disney created IP makes the park LESS Disney, not MORE Disney.

The use of IP might make sense for TWDC, especially when Star Wars and Marvel can bring in a new type of customer....someone who might not have considered a WDW vacation in the past. But, IMO, using non-Disney created IP makes the park LESS Disney, not MORE Disney.
As stated by a few on here that is what made EPCOT special in the past was the break from the MK or DHS type parks

Yes, I agree that Epcot is special because it is a different experience.
I'll admit that FW was a bit sparse on our last trip. As for WS, it isn't perfect, but sometimes it feels that way.

Bob Chapek mentioned this the other day on the Q1 Earning Reporf that the current construction and attractions being built are to make EPCOT “more Disney and family friendly”.

I think that could mean that they are looking at the "family friendly" end of things... in turn means more relatable "Disney" things for the kids to see and enjoy... bring more families into Epcot...
Over the last few years, Epcot has sorta become the party park... "Drinking around the World"... especially once it get's later in the day and moving towards dinner time. I'm not saying I don't enjoy having some adult beverages around the world showcase in moderation... but over the last couple of years, on the weekends sometimes it's like a frat party, or club behavior... we have seen people wasted out of their minds, I found a young woman passed out in the restroom stall, people throwing up over the fencing, passed out on benches, or on the ground... We are locals and go all the time, so we see a bit more than the usual guest..
Wow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter