Epcot restaurant recommendation

poonchkie

Earning My Ears
Looking for rest recommendation for Epcot. Group of 6 with two small kids and mostly picky adult eaters. Would like to try a country but really wierd food probably wouldn't go over with this group. Also, budget is a little tight so we would not be looking at a fancy steakhouse (Le Cellier). Any suggestions?

This is tough since Le Cellier was going to be one of my recommendations. I would have to say that the Garden Grill is not a bad alternative. It's served family-style and is a character meal. Another option is either the Cape May Buffet or Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club.

Check this website for menus:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm
And see if any of the places your picky eaters will like.

Beaches and Cream at Beach Club is right outside the international gate. It's has hamburgers and awesome ice cream. But they don't take ressie. It's hard to get big groups in there unless you go at an off time. Also look at the restaurants at the Broadwalk.

Full-service restaurants at Epcot are pricey for dinner. Have you thought about a late lunch?

Le Cellier would be my advice for dining at Epcot w/ picky eaters.

Rose and Crowne
Garden Grill

If you walk over to the the BC & YC or to the BW there are several inexpensive places.

BC has Beaches & Cream
YC has the YC Galley

BW has ESPN, Spoodles Pizza or Big River Grille

If you're looking for an awesome sandwich,try Tangierine Cafe(Morocco) The lamb sandwich with Tzitziki sauce (its a yogurt,cucumber,garlic sauce VERY GOOD!!!) is unbelieveable! The cost was 8.95 and worth it!

I would suggest Rose and Crown (UK) or Coral Reef at the Living Seas (fish)

Jungle Josh

I second the vote for Rose & Crown in England! Picky eaters can get shephard's pie, or fish & chips! They are very good, and if you time it right you can watch Illuminations from your table!

I'm not sure when you were planning on eating, but the Sunshine Food Fair in the Land has all types of foods that are mostly "mainstream," but may offer your group some variety for the picky eaters. We've often stopped here for a late lunch/early dinner, but it is counter-service. I think there is an area where kids can help make Nestle Tollhouse cookies, too.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_ssff.htm

If you're willing to pop out the International Gateway, I would definately recommend the Cape May Clambake (has everything, including childern's offerings), Beaches n'Cream (may be tough to get a seat), the Spoodles pizza window (there are seats outside, but beware of agressive seagulls), and Tubbi's Buffeteria at the Dolphin (very reasonably priced buffet).

The YC Galley just started serving dinner again. While a late lunch may be more cost effective, both options can be reasonably priced, depending on what you order.

Adult dinner menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ygd.htm

Kids Lunch menu:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ygk.htm

Adult Lunch menu:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ygl.htm

Have fun!

for picky eaters i think lecellier would be good also for meat and potato type fare and lunch is cheaper but you can still get steak or what ever.( hubby and I split a kvl there and liked it very much, for only $35 got steak, an appe and dessert, plenty to split) beirgarten is a buffet so they can pick and chose, was pretty good and had normal and german food ("Normal" roast chicken and a broiled fish , pork roast, regular salad, can't really remember what else as i went more for the german). in wdw most lunch sit down is cheaper than the dinner meal . or the outside mexican counter has basic taco bell like stuff but is cute.

For picky eaters (I'm not one, but...) I say Rose & Crowne too. It'll have plenty of "comfort" food to pick from. Have fun!

I'd suggest going to the Land and everyone getting what they want from the various counter services. Then, why not go to a country and order a variety of desserts for everyone to indulge in. If you truly have picky eaters, there's nothing worse than spending money on entrees that aren't liked.
However, picky eating usually doesn't extend to desserts....and Italy, France, and Canada have wonderful desserts. Get on the allearsnet to pick and choose from the specific country's menu.

You don't have to order an entire meal at a country.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I also would say either Garden Grill or Sunshine Season Food Fair at The Land. These are places our kids and picky eaters like.

Our group of 5 adults and 5 kids ate at the Alfredo's restaurant in Italy. Everyone enjoyed their meal but we do like Italian. There were even a couple of selections for the vegetarians in the group. I would highly recommend the Fettucini Alfredo and the lasagna. The entrees were between $18-25, if I remember correctly. The kids' meals were $5-7. My husband had the salmon special, and it was also very good. The dessert sampler was AWESOME with tiramusu and lots of other yummy chocolate things.

I personally love Nine Deragon in China. It was one of our best meals. We ate there 2x. going again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter