Epcot resort area restaurant recommendations, please!

Carolyn Louise

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for a great table service restaurant to eat at on my day at Epcot for my upcoming trip. I've been thinking hard about the in-park restaurants but can't make up my mind on any that I really want to eat at so I thought I'd expand my horizons to consider area resort restaurants. Ideally, I'd like a resort restaurant that I could walk to or that would be a nice short trip on a bus/monorail. My plan would be to eat there and then go back to the park.

I'm not at all familiar with the Epcot area resorts or what they offer for table service meals so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Caveats: I'd be dining solo and looking for an off-hours dinner (so I'd probably be timing my reservation around 4 or 5pm). I'm a very adventurous diner and enjoy pretty much all kinds of food. Good drinks are also a plus!

Via Napoli or San Angel Inn :)
San Angel Inn has a very 'unique' feel to it with awesome margaritas and very good traditional Mexican fare.

Hi, If you walk out the international gateway and head to the Boardwalk, one of my favorites is the Flying Fish!

Are you open to the prices of signatures? If so- I too agree with Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. I find the Yachtsman Steakhouse good but boring. Another option would be Swan and Dolphin restaurants- if you're not using DP credits. Kimonos for sushi or Bluezoo which i've never been too- but looks amazing.

Most have suggested restaurants are in EC. At the nearby resorts there are some good options at YC/BC/BW. You can easily take the boat or walk from the Intl Gateway between UK and France.
Most restaurants open for dinner at 5pm. So that narrows your field down further.
* Crews Cup is the lounge at YC next to Yachtmans. They have a wonderful little menu and most guest dont know where it is. They are open from lunch until late in the evening.
* ESPN Club is open pretty much has the same menu all day. They open at 11:30am to 1am.
* Beaches and Cream is a wonderful old soda shop at BC. Burgers, Hot Dogs, IC Sundaes. Very good, they open at 11am.
* Big River Grill at BW opens at 11am. Large menu and you can sit on their patio and watch guests and the park boats. There is also a little bakery at BW that offers sandwiches and salads. I believe the new restaurant Trattoria Al Forno, but they dont open until 5pm. They also have a pizza window.

Sorry nothing exotic.
Go online and check out the menus. www.allearsnet.com/dining/menu

Most have suggested restaurants are in EC. At the nearby resorts there are some good options at YC/BC/BW. You can easily take the boat or walk from the Intl Gateway between UK and France.
Most restaurants open for dinner at 5pm. So that narrows your field down further.
* Crews Cup is the lounge at YC next to Yachtmans. They have a wonderful little menu and most guest dont know where it is. They are open from lunch until late in the evening.
* ESPN Club is open pretty much has the same menu all day. They open at 11:30am to 1am.
* Beaches and Cream is a wonderful old soda shop at BC. Burgers, Hot Dogs, IC Sundaes. Very good, they open at 11am.
* Big River Grill at BW opens at 11am. Large menu and you can sit on their patio and watch guests and the park boats. There is also a little bakery at BW that offers sandwiches and salads. I believe the new restaurant Trattoria Al Forno, but they dont open until 5pm. They also have a pizza window.

Sorry nothing exotic.
Go online and check out the menus. www.allearsnet.com/dining/menu

I think just one poster above you posted about EC restaurants. Mine were all resort restaurants :)

I could be wrong- but OP- I'm guessing you are open to eating right at 5pm if that's when almost all the restaurants open right? Is that early enough even if it's not 100% your specified time?

I liked tutto Italia in epcot. I also liked captains grille at yacht club.

OP: Your post describes bluezoo to the letter! Go there.

Yep, definitely open to 5pm if that's when most restaurants open! I just want to be there before it's too crowded.

Flying Fish sounds like a great option. I have to check out Bluezoo, I don't know anything about it. I like that you can walk right to the Boardwalk, are the Swan and Dolphin in walking distance too? I'm looking to get out of the park but then return later.

How about sushi? Kimonos at the Swan is excellent. I think it opens at 5:30 (not 5). No reservations, but at 5:30 you'll have no trouble getting a table or seat at the bar.

I can't get good Italian food in my town, and after seeing it come up a lot in posts of people who seemed to have the same views on food I do, I'll be going to Il Mulino at the Swan during my trip.

I like that you can walk right to the Boardwalk, are the Swan and Dolphin in walking distance too?
Yes. If you are walking to Flying Fish, then you are 2 more minutes away from the Swan and Dolphin (if you come from the ESPNZone side), and you are closer to the Swan and Dolphin if coming from the Beach/Yacht Club side. The Epcot/Resorts/DHS Friendship Boats will also dock you right at the Swan/Dolphin should you choose to take the boat instead of walking.

Mexico gets my vote too. Tutto was our worst meal this past trip. Tasted like chef boyardee.

At Mexico we like the new restaurant out by the lagoon over the one inside the pyramid. Great food, nice view.

Thank you for the recs! I would rather go out of park for dinner. I'm leaning now towards an early dinner at Flying Fish and if there's time, stopping into Jellyrolls before heading back to the park.

Thank you for the recs! I would rather go out of park for dinner. I'm leaning now towards an early dinner at Flying Fish and if there's time, stopping into Jellyrolls before heading back to the park.
I do not think Jellyrolls opens till later. Maybe 7:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter