• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot on Sunday or Monday?

Crusader10hky

Mouseketeer
On the surface that seems like a no-brainer ...avoid the weekend.

However Sunday morning we will check out of BLT and into BCV for 2 nights before continuing elsewhere. Whichever day we do not go to Epcot is pool day at BCV. We originally scheduled Epcot on Sunday so the day would go like this:
Check out of BLT after a little sleep-in
Bus to Epcot near opening (opens at 11)
Walk to BCV to check in that evening.
This gives us a whole relaxing do what we want for resort day on Monday.

With all the reports on Epcot crazy weekend crowds because, it seems obvious to swap those days, but then we don’t have a room to retreat to until likely 4pm right? My group includes DW DD2 DD5 DD10 and me.

This would be December 6 & 7 so Food and wine would be concluded. With no Candle Light Processional it may not be as nuts at Epcot....but who the heck knows.

Last edited:
Well, I'll just reply to myself lol !
After talking it around a bit, it makes sense to leave it as-is for now. Since I assume Epcot is not likely to run out of Park Reservations on either day, I could foreseeably change it the morning-of if necessary.

This allows us to see what the weather is like which greatly affects a possible pool day...in Florida in December... (50 or 85 give or take...)

It also allows us to take in the next month's worth of crowd data including a little bit of 'life after F&W'

If I do swap days, the question of transportation from BLT to BCV came up. I would probably take the bus to HS and hop on Skyliner to the International Gateway, which is right next to BCV. At that time of day, with no Park Hopping and likely not many people leaving HS, I'm thinking it would be a breeze.

--Quick tip--
I was told that if you are staying on-property and need to make a last-minute change to a park reservation, have the front desk/concierge do it for you. They are able to secure the next Park Reservation (if available) prior to dropping your current one. It's just a safer move than dropping your ressie and hoping to get back in.

Thank you for indulging the ramblings of my inner DISalogue.

We just got back from a twelve day trip. Did Epcot on the first Saturday which was just swamped. The food cart lines were really long. We were kind of disappointed because waiting to try different food/drink was exhaustive.

Then we went this past Monday which was wonderful. Much less crowded, food lines very manageable. Your plan sounds perfectly logical except I would try to hit WS as early as possible.

We are going on a Sunday. I could switch HS on a Monday, but not sure if that’s a good idea That’s the only 2 days we have to do those 2 parks.

I just reread your post. I changed my mind. On Sunday, hang out at BLT until 11AM checkout. Then head over to BC and chill and kill a few hours at SAB until your room is ready. Maybe lunch at BnC. Skyliner is right there too which is a pleasant excursion. Then on Monday morning you just walk on over and spend a full day at Epcot with much lighter crowds. When you have to kill time waiting for room assignment SAB is a great way to do it. That's what we did our first day this year, room was assigned by 3PM which was remarkable.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter