Epcot Extremely Crowded

Isn't this a free dining time? I know there were specials except the week I'm going (of course). My aunt always joked that I was the only person she knew who could go to a Moonlight Madness sale and buy something that wasn't on sale.
Can anyone confirm that this is in fact Free Dining and when does Free Dining end?:confused: :confused3Thanks!:goodvibes

We had a few pretty crowded Epcot nights both this past September and September 2017. F&W and free dining are a perfect combo for crowds. It seems that the free dining months are more crowded than other times. I guess Disney is getting what it wants. Busy year round.
Very true..do you know when Free Dining ends? :scratchin:confused3Thanks!:wave2:

Can anyone confirm that this is in fact Free Dining and when does Free Dining end?:confused: :confused3Thanks!:goodvibes

Very true..do you know when Free Dining ends? :scratchin:confused3Thanks!:wave2:

Free dining was not offered in October:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/walt-disney-world-free-dining-promotion-announced-for-2018/

The fact that free dining is offered for a big chunk of Dec and not a single day in October, to me, tells us a lot about what Disney expects of October crowds.

Also, there haven't been any night time parades in any parks. this would help with crowds at least for evenings. just an overall observation of all parks not just epcot.

We went into Epcot early ish yesterday. Very nice right at 11. Much busier later after we took a break. The wine and dine area next to the walkway with the roses on the right heading to future world and the next eats area across the lake were my favorite places. They are away from the countries and were much more manageable and had good food choices. Liked especially the scallops from the next ears area and the cheesecake from the wine and dine. The lamb meat ball from the New Zealand near Canada was another favorite. Looking forward to try more offerings during the week but we will also go mostly day time. Hang out in the boardwalk at night.

Epcot was packed the first week of September, could barely walk in the countries, but none of the food booths were that crowded. I guess people just wanted to see the food, not actually eat it. :rotfl::rotfl:

Been here since Friday. The 12th at Magic Kingdom was really crowded and EPCOT Friday night and last night were a nightmare in world showcase (just as I would expect) but otherwise crowds have been fine. I came in expecting spring break like crowds so I have have been pleasantly surprised. Many southern schools were on fall break last week or this week. More people than labor day or early May when we usually travel, but it could definitely be worse.

I’d say the Touring Plans crowd level of 5 is pretty accurate. We have been able to ride and do a lot more than we thought we would. We did 11 rides including several major headliners (even with PP and SDMT down) with extra time for rider swap at magic kingdom yesterday within 5 hours. I got TT and Soarin as fourth and fifth fast passes for 3 people yesterday early evening.

October is a busy month, if you come expecting low crowds you will be disappointed. I’m fact, if you visit Disney at any time of year and expect low crowds you will be disappointed.

DH is enjoying a beer in the festival center and I picked up some Joffrey ground coffee. Gave me 20 percent off for DVC. Also gives a Discount for AP. I’ll probably come back for more. Brewmasters do a seminar on the weekends here and you can sample the coffee. Nice day.

Also, there haven't been any night time parades in any parks. this would help with crowds at least for evenings. just an overall observation of all parks not just epcot.
None of the parks have night time parades. MK is the only park that has a day time parade.

We were there sept 28th-oct 7th. We went to epcot 3 times that week. No time we went was over crowded. I was able to fastpass every ride and character spotlight as soon as we scanned in for our fastpass before. That was on the first Saturday we got there. We left at midday and came back on Monday to do world showcase because i had heard it was more crowded on the weekend. We then went back Wednesday night at 7pm and that was the largest crowd we saw at epcot but it was still manageable. Our worst day was at magic kingdom the last day we were there which was oct 6th and the start of Columbus day holiday people coming in. It was miserable that day. From what I've heard crowds have been miserable since that date. Some states have 2 week fall breaks right now and people going to Disney from hurricanes. I think everything coupled together has made it that way. I'm glad we went the week we did.

I went to WDW in October 2014 and it was the busiest I had seen it (of all my visits since). I am sure October crowds have gone up since.

Between cooler temps, F&W and Halloween stuff, October is probably the busiest time of the year now -- even busier on the weekends.

This new pricing structure will hopefully balance crowds out a bit, at the price of paying more. I would expect September to be even more crowded as it will probably have the cheapest ticket prices and October crowds may level off or go down as those prices will probably be pretty high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter