Encode paper park hoppers on room cards?

grimley1968

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but can park hoppers, purchased separately from a room reservation at Grand Californian, be encoded on my room key cards when I check in? I'm assuming my park hoppers will be paper tickets. I used AAA to purchase my room reservation to get a lower rate. I'd like to be able to take my paper park hopper tickets to the Grand Californian front desk, or even to the DL guest services if necessary, and have them take my paper park hoppers and encode them onto my room cards. Is this possible?

TIA.

I don't believe it is an option. I've never heard of them doing that.

While in WDW they'll encode park tickets onto room keys, that's not done in DL. No matter what, your park tickets and room keys are seperate items.

iceskatejen said:
While in WDW they'll encode park tickets onto room keys, that's not done in DL. No matter what, your park tickets and room keys are seperate items.

Well, I guess that answers my question, although not the answer I'd hoped for. I thought I'd read somewhere that WDW in Florida would encode paper tix onto room cards, and of course I'm well versed in the resort/ticket packages where it is all encoded on room cards upon check-in.

Thanks for the responses! Here's hoping DL gets some network and technology upgrades soon. It sure is nice to be able to carry $0 in cash and a room card for all your purchases in WDW. No biggie. We'll get over it as soon as we step on the newly refurbished POTC. ;)

I am not sure if this helps, but you can charge your purchases to your room using a slip of paper they give you when you check in, if you are staying at one of the three resort hotels.

I knew about the room-charging, but thanks anyway. I was just hoping to carry around less plastic and paper. No big deal. I'll just say in whatever surveys they give me that they need to upgrade their technology to match what they have at WDW.

Just have to say I love your Ed Grimley picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jemilah said:
Just have to say I love your Ed Grimley picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why, thank you! :goodvibes

I was a little doubtful about my choice of shirts, but one call to Pat Sajak and I was convinced it was the right look. He made the right call, I must say. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter