Electronics on board question

DisneyByMarriage

Mouseketeer
It’s been awhile since I have cruised and have an electronic related question. Because of the length of our vacation, my kids will all have electronic devices with them on the cruise. I’m aware of everything wi-if related and that I can’t have anything that connects to the TVs. We also don’t want to leave them in our car at the Port. Do we have to carry them all on the ship or could they be checked? I’d rather keep them with us but if the kids want to swim I don’t want to leave them in the bag, either. Most likely we will keep them in our backpacks and my husband who would rather be in AC and a coffee shop or bar would hold onto it while I soak up the sun with the kids. TIA!

You may check anything you are permitted to carry on, except beverages. However, checked bags are not always treated gently, so you may want to have strong cases.

It’s been awhile since I have cruised and have an electronic related question. Because of the length of our vacation, my kids will all have electronic devices with them on the cruise. I’m aware of everything wi-if related and that I can’t have anything that connects to the TVs. We also don’t want to leave them in our car at the Port. Do we have to carry them all on the ship or could they be checked? I’d rather keep them with us but if the kids want to swim I don’t want to leave them in the bag, either. Most likely we will keep them in our backpacks and my husband who would rather be in AC and a coffee shop or bar would hold onto it while I soak up the sun with the kids. TIA!

You're just talking about carry versus checking on arrival day, correct? You can check the electronics, but then there's always the risk of them being misplaced or damaged. I would personally treat electronics like cash or necessary medications and keep them on my person even if it means someone gets stuck with an obnoxious electronics bag to manage until you have room access.

How young are your kids? If they're old enough to go in the pools themselves, someone camps out on a chair with the carryon(s) and has a nice drink of the day.

We talked some more and decided my husband will gladly stay in the shade or AC if the kids want to swim. They are old enough to go in alone, but as someone who works in an office, I’ll be enjoying the sunshine.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest