ECV availability at the parks

The Hendies

DIS Veteran
We are doing a split stay in October. My DH uses a scooter. For our on-site week, we will rent a scooter, but for our off-site week, we will have to rent daily at the parks. Does anyone have experience with how early do the parks sell out? Thank you in advance!

My recommendation would be to keep the scooter rental; most vendors will pick-up the return from most of the offsite locations. You would need to confirm with your vendor.

But to answer your question... expect ECV rentals to run-out by mid-morning. When it's really busy there have been reports of selling out shortly after opening.

My recommendation would be to keep the scooter rental; most vendors will pick-up the return from most of the offsite locations. You would need to confirm with your vendor.

But to answer your question... expect ECV rentals to run-out by mid-morning. When it's really busy there have been reports of selling out shortly after opening.
Renting a scooter for the entire visit isn't a problem, The problem is transporting a scooter in a rental car while we are off property.

Does he need a scooter all the time? My DH uses a scooter at disney but uses a rollator at home. He can walk a short distance under 30 ft with a cane. But just to throw this out there, would a rollator be of any use. Use that the week you are off site for from the hotel to car to park and hope you can get an EVC. I have heard but never tried myself, that disney will hold on to walkers during the day while you rent the EVC.

And if you can't get an EVC, at least you'll have something.

Does he need a scooter all the time? My DH uses a scooter at disney but uses a rollator at home. He can walk a short distance under 30 ft with a cane. But just to throw this out there, would a rollator be of any use. Use that the week you are off site for from the hotel to car to park and hope you can get an EVC. I have heard but never tried myself, that disney will hold on to walkers during the day while you rent the EVC.

And if you can't get an EVC, at least you'll have something.
Great idea. Thank you. Yes, he can walk some, just not too far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter