Easter at HHI

quinnc19

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to the Easter Brunch? I was wondering if you would recommend it, and also if my daughter would be able to participate in the activities at the beach house (if they are worthwhile) if we eat somewhere else. Thank you! :goodvibes

We haven't been before, but are going to give it a go. :)

I'm sure you can still participate in all the Easter activities at the beach house even if you don't eat their brunch.

Hoping the weather is nice for our visit! So looking forward to it!!!

Any thoughts? I have a vague recollection of someone saying it wasn't very good, but would like confirmation if possible. We have to make reservations by Monday. Thanks again! :flower3:

Like I said we haven't done their Easter Brunch but are going to give it a go and just made our reservations. :) It sounds nice and imagine lots of other places will be super busy with the Easter holiday plus the Heritage Golf Tour in town for the week. The HHI cm I just got off the phone with said to expect very busy conditions while the golf tour is in town, even more so than the summer! So I'm thinking we will be very content spending the day at the resort doing lots of their activities and Easter brunch and hoping it will be nice for the beach as well! :)

I went to the Easter Brunch in 2011. It was just OK, I thought. All the tables were outside, and mine got fairly sunny pretty quickly, so it felt hot. Also, all the tableware was styrofoam and plastic, and I wasn't crazy about that. However, as usual, everyone was so nice there, and the shuttle service was excellent. For us, it was more a convenience than anything else. I'd bought DH tickets to the Heritage Golf Classic for our anniversary, which also was Easter Sunday so there weren't many places I could go to alone without a car.

the menu didnt look too appetizing to me....plus I think rain is in the forecast.....:(

I went to the Easter Brunch in 2011. It was just OK, I thought. All the tables were outside, and mine got fairly sunny pretty quickly, so it felt hot. Also, all the tableware was styrofoam and plastic, and I wasn't crazy about that. However, as usual, everyone was so nice there, and the shuttle service was excellent. For us, it was more a convenience than anything else. I'd bought DH tickets to the Heritage Golf Classic for our anniversary, which also was Easter Sunday so there weren't many places I could go to alone without a car.

Thx for the pix. Was wondering how they control people from going in and helping themselves to the food? Do they give you a wristband?

Thx for the pix. Was wondering how they control people from going in and helping themselves to the food? Do they give you a wristband?

Yes, I think I vaguely remember now that you mention it that yes, they did give a wrist band. You had to enter at the far left, by the CS window, where you were greeted by a CM, led to your reserved table, and given your wrist band.

Right, it seemed more like a breakfast menu than a brunch. Given that and what Simba's Mom said, I made reservations at Ela's across the harbor, and hopefully we can join the activities after that. MINNIEGI thanks for the info about the golf tournament!

the menu didnt look too appetizing to me....plus I think rain is in the forecast.....:(

Right, it seemed more like a breakfast menu than a brunch. Given that and what Simba's Mom said, I made reservations at Ela's across the harbor, and hopefully we can join the activities after that. MINNIEGI thanks for the info about the golf tournament!

Ela's is wonderful! You will love! We'll be doing that on another day, enjoy!

Ela's is wonderful! You will love! We'll be doing that on another day, enjoy!

Frankly, it sounds as if that's one I wish I'd known about. Another one, but you have to have a car, is at Old Fort Pub. I know some people who went there and loved it.

Yes, I have had brunch there before and really enjoyed it. On Sunday, I am looking forward to having a mimosa since I will not have to drive afterward! :cloud9:

Frankly, it sounds as if that's one I wish I'd known about. Another one, but you have to have a car, is at Old Fort Pub. I know some people who went there and loved it.

Just wanted to post in case anyone is thinking about Easter Brunch next year - even though it was drizzly this turned out to be perfect for our family! We really enjoyed it, the food, the cm's, the crafts and activities!

We got there about 10:30. They had all the tables under cover. Families were seated at tables that you could leisurely stay at until you wanted to leave. Everyone had favorites at the buffet from the mashed potato station, made to order omelets, ham, yougurt and oats with toppings plus the usual pancakes, eggs, fruit, veggies, chicken tenders, Mac n cheese, pastries etc....

The activities and crafts were a hit for our family. We have an active 9 yo who doesn't really sit for too long so this was great he could get up move around, do some activities while the rest of us talked and ate also leisurely. My 13 yo DD also joined in on some crafts. The kids came back after a while and then had lunch of chicken tenders, fruit, and Mac n cheese. We stayed until about 12:45.

For those who desire a relaxed, good meal with activities for the kiddos this will more than meet their expectations!

Just wanted to post in case anyone is thinking about Easter Brunch next year - even though it was drizzly this turned out to be perfect for our family! We really enjoyed it, the food, the cm's, the crafts and activities!

We got there about 10:30. They had all the tables under cover. Families were seated at tables that you could leisurely stay at until you wanted to leave. Everyone had favorites at the buffet from the mashed potato station, made to order omelets, ham, yougurt and oats with toppings plus the usual pancakes, eggs, fruit, veggies, chicken tenders, Mac n cheese, pastries etc....

The activities and crafts were a hit for our family. We have an active 9 yo who doesn't really sit for too long so this was great he could get up move around, do some activities while the rest of us talked and ate also leisurely. My 13 yo DD also joined in on some crafts. The kids came back after a while and then had lunch of chicken tenders, fruit, and Mac n cheese. We stayed until about 12:45.

For those who desire a relaxed, good meal with activities for the kiddos this will more than meet their expectations!

I'm so glad to hear that! I think the year I went they'd just started. There was no mashed potato station as I remember. Also, the only activity I remember is Bleu and Shadow coming and singing for about 1/2 hour. Certainly no crafts. Sounds like a little "tweaking" over the years to improve it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter