Early morning Uber around DLR

julesann

DIS Veteran
I just realized I need to Uber or Lyft from Alamo Inn to the GCH next Thursday as my db needs to drive his scooter and we have too many suitcases for me to manage with walking. How easy is it to get an Uber/Lyft at 6:00 a.m.?

6am should be no problem...there are lots of people that do early AM flights out so there are usually plenty of drivers in the area. I once had to get a 4:30am Uber and was surprised to see how many cars were out there when requesting.

For those short trips be sure to tip well otherwise they make next to nothing for the ride.

Remember that Uber offers (at least most places) a way to reserve in advance for a ride. With your particular requirements, it might be less stressful to book your needs in advance. It's much more expensive that way, but at least you don't need to stress over availability getting your ride with the exact type of vehicle you'll need and the time you need it.

I also agree with other posters that drivers should be available at that time. Early morning is probably a popular time to guests needing a ride, so drivers will be available.

Remember that Uber offers (at least most places) a way to reserve in advance for a ride.
Know that scheduling a ride in advance does not necessarily guarantee a car unless a driver accepts it in advance, otherwise it just sends the next available car to you at the requested time. I have seen several people book in advance get left high and dry cuz there were no cars available in the area.

Know that scheduling a ride in advance does not necessarily guarantee a car unless a driver accepts it in advance, otherwise it just sends the next available car to you at the requested time. I have seen several people book in advance get left high and dry cuz there were no cars available in the area.
I know we've used it three times without any issue. They send these advanced requests to their 5-star drivers (according the Uber information), and we were given our confirmation a day or 2 in advance. I expect since it's so much more expensive, drivers like to grab those requests because they probably make a little more. But I don't know all the inner workings, and was just offering it as a potential option for the OP, an option that's worked very well for us.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest