early morning temperature

jshow89

Earning My Ears
We are coming to Aulani in 2 weeks, we have some activties (fishing,pearl harbor) planned for early morning 6-630am etc.. My wife is wondering what she should wear for this, basically she wants to know if its cold in the mornings in Oahu? well i guess how cold, we had snow last week here but is she is worried about being cold down there somehow lol

Depends on where you are on the island. I live in a valley area of Honolulu, so it can be pretty cool compared to other places. Of course, higher elevation is going to equal cooler temperatures.

Early mornings and evenings are chilly to me, so I always pack a light sweater or jacket. Nothing heavy or big, just something to keep the chill off. By 9 it will be plenty warn :)

I never find it chilly at that time of the day. However, if you're actually going out on the water then I would definitely bring a light sweatshirt or light jacket. Shorts will totally be fine. As soon as the sun starts to come up, it gets hot fast.

I always have a sweatshirt or something for morning/evening. Especially in the evenings, it does get chilly (I lived there and when we moved there I was surprised, and first winter on the windward side was quite chilly and rainy most evenings).

It's best to bring a light something for very early morning. I'm never outside that early, so by the time I'm outside (sunrise) it does warm up. On the water you will want something.

It really depends on the day. Two days ago, it was already pretty hot at 9am. This morning it's really windy where I live (just 10 mins from Aulani) so I had to wear a light sweater to walk my dog. My recommendation is to pack a light jacket just in case on those days. It will warm up, but initially it might be chilly

I'm glad to see there are Disers there that post here. We're going to the island in about 2 week So and I can't wait to see the resort. Thought about staying a night or 2 there but only could find one person renting a hotel room with points and it was $350. I knew it was more then animal kingdom lodge but that was way more then I wanted to spend

I'd be interested in hearing what the actual morning actual temperatures were, if anyone remembers. "Chilly" and "warm" could be interpreted in different ways by, say, someone from Maine vs. someone from South Florida, y'know?

I'd be interested in hearing what the actual morning actual temperatures were, if anyone remembers. "Chilly" and "warm" could be interpreted in different ways by, say, someone from Maine vs. someone from South Florida, y'know?

Just looked at Accuweather hourly for today and this will give you an idea

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ko-olina-hi/96707/hourly-weather-forecast/2274485

Low 70s at 6am but with no sun you probably need a windbreaker or hoodie if you are headed out on the water like the original poster was asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter