EARLY CHECK IN: December 15th, 2007 - Seven night Western - 12/15/07

We're in Daytona Beach:cool1: :yay: :cheer2:

We left the house at 7:15 am and arrived in the parking lot at 8:00 pm. We had to make 4 stops...2 for meals and 2 to calm down a screaming baby. I don't think he's ever going to want to get into his car seat again:scared1:

I fell into the kiddie pool trying to see how deep it was. I was hoping John could sit in it unassisted. I have on capri pants and one side is wet up to my knee. John won't be sitting there unassisted.

I hope everyone is safe as they travel. We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. We'll be wearing the Disney Collection T-shirts. DH will have Donald Duck and mine is Eeyore.

pirate: :hourglass

Glad you made it Susan! You have the falling in water out of the way so now I can feel safe around the piers (I fell off the pier last cruise :scared: )

I am going to have Brad take all of the suitcases out now and then I am putting my pjs on and getting ready for bed. We are supposed to get snow again tonight, but hopefully not much.

See you guys Saturday!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hey Ralphie! Are you still coming with us on the cruise? I haven't seen you post in a really long time.

We're coming. We will not be flying down until Sat. morning because of my work and we are a little uneasy about cutting it so close but what can you do? Anyway, the kids still think we are heading to Disney and to visit relatives for a couple of weeks and will be totally surprised when we pull up to the ship. Going on another Disney cruise is all they have talked about for the last year and a half, so it will blow their minds. I'm actually impressed with my wife and myself for being able to keep it a secret all this time.:yay:
:hourglass

Just heard on the Indy local news that they're expecting 6-10 inches of snow here Saturday. :scared1:

That's too bad. :rolleyes:

We're all packed and heading out...Hope everyone has a safe trip and we'll see you on the ship :cool1:

I am up, showered, dressed and ready to go. I am giving everyone else another 10 minutes of sleep and then they need to get up. I got up a little early in case there was more snow and we needed to leave earlier than we thought. I don't see any new snow, but it is reallly cold. 14 with a wind chill making it feel like 7. :cold: I am glad to be heading to the warm weather:beach:

We still ended up with 6 checked bags, 2 big suitcase, 1 suitbag, 1 large duffel, 1 small duffel, and one smaller roll on. Plus we each have a carry on. I was really hoping to pack lighter. I almost forgot DH's pirate night shirt. All of the suitcases were in the car and I was grabbing the rest of the laundry to go upstairs and I saw it hanging up down there. I forgot that I had washed it since it was dusty looking.

Ralphie, I am impressed that you kept it a secret too! I don't think I could have.

I am going to wake everyone else up now! BYE!!:cool1:

I was watching the weather channel earlier. I hope all of you in the Northwest are able to catch your flights.

I remember your pier story Cristi. Hopefully that is all of the falling into water.

The ocean here at Daytona Beach is very chilly. I hope it's warmer in Cozumel and Castaway Cay. John got in the pool and loved it. When he started shivering and turning blue, I got him out into a warm bath. I wish he could enjoy more of the Mickey pool. He loves to splash.

See everyone tomorrow.:banana: Safe travels!!

It's almost time!!!:cool1: :cool1:

Our flight down was fine yesterday. We were a little delayed out of Denver because of the de-icing. I have lived in Denver for 21 years and I don't think I have ever flown when we had to de-ice. We made it to our hotel around 4:15. The kids and I went to the pool. I thought the water was pretty chilly, but the kids stayed in until I drug them out. Brad has been fighting a cold and stayed in the room to rest.

Everyone just woke up. Time to get some breakfast and get ready. We were going to do the Radisson shuttle, but I think we will just do the Budget shuttle instead.

I think I am the last person here so I am going to turn off the lights and shut the door. See you all soon!!!!!

We're here at the Radisson. We have the shuttle at 10am.

Our flight yesterday wasn't bad...it was 20 minutes late taking off becasue the luggage people were having problems clearing the snow around the terminals to get the luggage in as we just left over 12" of snow. They are suppose to get more today/tomorrow and boy are we glad we aren't there. The flight was smooth and we had good flight attendants who played trivia and such with us.

Last night we ate at Grill's and that was ok.

See everyone soon!

Hey all!
We're sitting in the hotel in Orlando.

We were able to check in this morning, then headed to Sea World after stopping for lunch. We didn't stay long, Andy got sick and started vomitting everywhere (not reflux this time!), so we headed back to the hotel. I got the laundry in, the kids went swimming, and Andy and Kevin are trying to sleep it off. We stopped at Walgreens and got some Pedialyte and apple juice. I hope it was just something he ate at lunch.

We had a really great time and can't wait to hear about everyone else's experiences. Hope you all get home safe. I'll post more when (if) we get home tomorrow, Iowa got hit with snow again today. :confused3

We got home around 4:30pm. We were all tired, a little sad and pouty on the flight. Tonight, the worst part was pulling out the dirty clothes to wash laundry :laundy: and everything in the wet bag smelled like sand-n-surf from Castaway Cay. :sad2: BOO HOO!!

I think the ship should dock at Castaway Cay overnight so we can have two days to enjoy it! :cool1:

We're back home as well :sad2:

Tired, a bit sad, and very broke...

Hope eveyone has a safe trip home...we'll post more later

I'm home now as well. I have to unpack/clean today and work on shoveling out my car, such a sad way to come back home to vacation to 2 ft of snow on the ground.

We are home too. Rachel is sick. She started feeling bad on the plane. I was hoping it was just airsickness, but she was sick all night and still doesn't feel well today. I am hoping she will bounce back by tomorrow.

I am really rocking from the ship still. This happened last cruise too and lasted about a week. It feels like the whole room is moving.

I started unpacking this morning. I got a little sad when I unpacked the goodie bag mickey. :sad1: I sure had a great time meeting everyone!

Good morning, we arrived home after midnight around 12:30. Our flight was delayed for just over an hour leaving Orlando. We were lucky the flight in the next gate was already a couple of hours delayed and the inbound flight from Newerk hadn't even left NJ yet. They were looking at 12:30 or 1:00 before their flight would be leaving.

We arrived home to ice and snow and a very happy dog. I'm off to the store here in a little bit, the family thinks they need to eat, though after this past week we could probably stand to skip a meal or two

We had tears and a sad face :sad2: when we left the ship but DD perked up when we got to Majic Kingdom. She was happy to see her dog and is excited about Christmas.

It was nice meeting all of you in person and DD enjoyed checking the goody bag each time we came back to the room.

Have a very Merry Christmas :santa:

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!
I decided to do a little baking this morning. I did some fudge, Rachel and I made gingersnaps and Jake and I made choc chip cookies(pre-made dough). Now, I need to wrap a few more gifts, take a shower and head over to my sis in laws house. Tomorrow we are staying at home just our family. That will be strange we have never done that before.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share this pic we had done on semi-formal night

64525lifestylesmaller-med.jpg

I did all my baking yesterday. I finished my shopping this morning and did all the wrapping. Shaun just got home from work so we'll leave in about 30 minutes to head to Carver.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday!!!

We made it home last night around 11:00. Our plane was delayed about 3 hours, nothing to do with the weather in Iowa, but the fog in Orlando. Andy is feeling better, just must have been the 24 hour stuff. We got all of our running around done today and made some goodies. We had my parents over for supper and went to church. We're going to open presents pretty soon. Tomorrow it's off to my parents, and DH's mom's.

Cristi--Hope Rachel is better. We downloaded all the pictures today, I have a bunch to send you of the kids.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!! :santa:

Stacie, I am glad that Andy is feeling better. Rachel is better today too. We just got back from Brad's sister's house. Jacob is getting ready for bed and I am not far behind. I am really tired. Tomorrow it is just us by ourselves for Christmas.

Everyone have a great day!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter