Earliest on to the ship?

Magicalhideout55

Earning My Ears
What is the earliest folks are typically actually boarding the ship? 10:15 port arrival time for the Dream out of Port Canaveral, driving/parking/covid testing in the car. So if we pull up at 10:10 or so, will there be a line of cars waiting to drop off luggage? And then by the time we do the covid test, get through boarding area, what are we looking at? 11:15? 12? Just trying to plan ahead for baby naps 😂.

Will baby be napping in stroller? Because rooms are not typically available before ~2 pm (officially, they tell you about 3 pm, based on my late April Magic cruise).

Yes, either car seat or stroller. I’d just like to time it so he’s awake obviously for the covid test and getting on the ship, so we either need to get on the ship and then have him nap or do it in the car and show up later. Just trying to get an average of how long the boarding process really takes!

I wouldn’t expect a line of cars. 11:15 finished with parking and testing.

Check-in, another 15-30 minutes.

Depending on baby’s ability to sleep in noisy areas, you may want to sit in the Terminal. A lot of open space to the left of this area. Air conditioned and bathrooms available. You may have to wait for your Boarding Group to be called, anyway.
1652217760022.jpeg

When you are on the ship depends on your Boarding Group - NOT your PAT. (Yes, they are linked as in earlier PATs have earlier Boarding Groups but the PAT and actual boarding time are not connected in any pattern.)

And even with early boarding groups, if there is an issue getting the ship cleared because people take their sweet time getting off from the previous cruise OR if there is an inspection which could include required drills (and these are NOT generally announced until the ship arrives and the inspector(s) board all boarding could be delayed.

Pre-Covid boarding often didn’t begin until 11:30 (give or take 15 min.) even for those with the earliest PATs/lowest boarding group. I don’t believe boarding starts particularly earlier now. So plan noon onboard with the earliest PAT, with luck it may be a few minutes earlier.

When you are on the ship depends on your Boarding Group - NOT your PAT. (Yes, they are linked as in earlier PATs have earlier Boarding Groups but the PAT and actual boarding time are not connected in any pattern.)

And even with early boarding groups, if there is an issue getting the ship cleared because people take their sweet time getting off from the previous cruise OR if there is an inspection which could include required drills (and these are NOT generally announced until the ship arrives and the inspector(s) board all boarding could be delayed.
So there's no advantage time wise if you don't have to do covid testing? Our whole party recently had it so will have 90 recovery letters, was hoping that'd allow us to board quicker but doesn't sound that way?

So there's no advantage time wise if you don't have to do covid testing? Our whole party recently had it so will have 90 recovery letters, was hoping that'd allow us to board quicker but doesn't sound that way?

No, you'll be boarded by boarding group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter