E-ZPass Toll info - Port Canaveral to I-4 on 528

This is fantastic info, thanks all. :)

I'm in Orlando now, and hope to use one system or the other. My rental provider (Budget) will charge me $3.95 per day I use the toll road, plus the tolls themselves. If I indeed save it to the last day to use the toll roads (looks like I can get to Disney Springs on the I-4, no tolls, right?) I may just leave it at that and save the hassle with change and extra green rectangles of paper to bring back to Canada. Still, it's good to know the option! Thanks again. :)

Mark

This is fantastic info, thanks all. :)

I'm in Orlando now, and hope to use one system or the other. My rental provider (Budget) will charge me $3.95 per day I use the toll road, plus the tolls themselves. If I indeed save it to the last day to use the toll roads (looks like I can get to Disney Springs on the I-4, no tolls, right?) I may just leave it at that and save the hassle with change and extra green rectangles of paper to bring back to Canada. Still, it's good to know the option! Thanks again. :)

Mark

Mark, be careful! The Budget policy, as near as I can tell is:

Under the e-Toll program, once you pass through an electronic toll, you will pay a convenience fee of $3.95 for each day of the entire rental period, including any days on which e-Toll is not used, up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental month

That's taken from the Budget website at:
https://www.budget.com/en/products-services/services/e-toll

If you want to use a program that charges only on days that you use the toll, you need to stick with Alamo/National or Hertz (there may be others).

I saw that too and asked about it - and the guy at the desk specifically said that we'd be charged from the first day we used the toll - i.e. if we only use the toll on the third day of a three- day rental (as we intend), we'll only be charged the fee on that day (plus the tolls themselves). I guess we'll find out..!

Mark

Funny. The Bee Line was renamed the Beachline in 2005.

I have to correct myself all the time when giving people directions, because Beeline is stuck in my vocabulary. :o

We bought a Sunpass a long time ago because of the trip to N. Key Largo to see my in-laws. Last thing I wanted to do was take 1 all the way down. We've since loaned it to friends who drive south to Florida when we don't need it and it has gotten a major workout. Best travel item purchase we've made in a long time.

I saw that too and asked about it - and the guy at the desk specifically said that we'd be charged from the first day we used the toll - i.e. if we only use the toll on the third day of a three- day rental (as we intend), we'll only be charged the fee on that day (plus the tolls themselves). I guess we'll find out..!

Mark
I think you're right...if you didn't use it until your last day, I'd think you'd only be charged for that day. I was under the assumption that you had used it right from the start, in which case you'd be charged each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter