• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC.......Wilderness Lodge versus Contemporary?

Which DVC is your favorite?

• Wilderness Lodge

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Contemporary

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
The CR would get the nod in terms of (slighter) ease of access for certain. The studios at BLT are very small and don’t work for anymore than 2, IMHO. But the one-bedroom units have 2 full bathrooms, a wonderful perk. The pool has always struck me as an afterthought. The resort is in need of refurbishment for sure, which is on the radar. The CR has some great dining choices.

WL is beautiful and the lobby is wonderfully warm and welcoming. We prefer the BRV villas, recently renovated, but have stayed in the hotel club rooms as well. The eateries are fine, Geyser Point especially is lot of fun. Very nice pools. It’s nice to have the choice of watercraft to the MK too. Both are great resorts and good choices.

If you plan on spending time at the resort hands down WL cannot be beat. As far as parks I see little difference the only plus of BLT is being able to walk to MK otherwise WL has a boat or bus. Bus is a 5 minute ride Boat maybe 10 but worth the extra 5 minutes. While I love the monorail when coming back from EPCOT the transfer to the resort monorail is a sore spot. POLY is an easy walk from TTC making it a great choice for your later trip. While CR holds a special place for me being it was the first resort I stayed at 30 years ago and I still enjoy the occasional stay there it is very lacking for anything but the walk to MK compared to other deluxe resorts.

Are you renting one bedroom? If yes, (I can't believe I'm saying this either @jimmytammy ! :laughing:), I would go with BLT because it has TWO bathrooms! But even if you're staying in a studio, I still say go with BLT because of the convenience to MK, and monorail to Epcot.

While I love WL, I would go with BLT for this particular trip. In addition to being walking distance to MK, you can also hop on the monorail to eat at the other monorail resorts. I like the WL restaurants, but it's nice being able to hop on the monorail to get to the Poly or GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter