DVC "Truths"

DVC truth!

We would never had been able to afford our September trip to Aulani, if it was not for DVC. $1550 per night before fees for a 2 bedroom garden view.

We are a family of 5 and whenever we go to WDW, VB or HHI we always get a 2 bedroom. We would never be able to afford to stay in a 2 bedroom Villa for 5-7 days paying cash.

In 2021 we stayed in a 2 bedroom at Rivera in August it was $1650 per night be for fees.

DH and I always stay in a 1 bedroom.

DVC is a guranteed vacation every year!!! Or More!

Plus, you are guaranteed beautiful accomation and great service.

:earsgirl: 😎👍

1) DVC has definitely saved me money *vs what we would have otherwise done*. Yes we’ve spent a ton on our 2 trips so far and will again at Aulani next spring.
But we’ve never been people shy about taking vacations, or frequent trips to DLR/WDW, and I’m pumped to be able to cook in our room in Hawaii this trip; I love Hawaii but it’s not worth going for less than 10 days and eating out 30 consecutive meals isn’t just expensive, it’s lethargisizing.

Without DVC we’d be splitting time at the GH Kauai and some Marriott property and eating 30 consecutive meals out.

2) I have no idea what a vacation points activity sheet is and so far that truth hasn’t seemed to impact my ability to enjoy DVC.

2) I have no idea what a vacation points activity sheet is and so far that truth hasn’t seemed to impact my ability to enjoy DVC.

That is the official name on the DVC member site, which theoretically shows how your points are added/subtracted (by use year) to each contract. It's found under the manage your points tab (I think without looking).

I find it very difficult to follow, but hey, that may just be my truth. I've never claimed (or been accused) to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

We much rather rent a house then to use DVC points for Hawaii. We rented a couple of great 3 bedroom homes for a lot less than DVC.
Activity Sheet is just plain bad
Skyliner over Monorail especially to/from Epcot.

Back in the day, we were provided a spiral binder (I still have it) with pages like a bank register to keep track of points. I still have pages from 1996 until computers were invented LOL! Lots of scratch outs, changes from every call...I used a sharpened pencil, not a knife!

:bored:
Amazing

We much rather rent a house then to use DVC points for Hawaii. We rented a couple of great 3 bedroom homes for a lot less than DVC.
Activity Sheet is just plain bad
Skyliner over Monorail especially to/from Epcot.
Totally different experience.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest